PDA

View Full Version : Thinking.about.getting.VECOTORAL.SEEDBOX.

IGetMoney
11-18-2007, 10:59 PM
1.What do i need to install or get
2.Will i need to get a router
3.Can i then cacel my current Internet Provider when it has been ordered
4.And will i have a new IP lol pretty dum question but hey ima noob at this whole seedbox thing:lol:

oh and if i do need a router ..would this be good to get has pretty solid speeds : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/518640-REG/Bountiful_WiFi_BWRG1000_BWRG1000_Long_Range_Wireless.htmlSpyro

Spyro

Intel® Pentium™ IV 1.6 GHZ512MB DDR-RAM
40GB 7.2K RPM IDE-HDD
2000GB Bandwidth
Monthly: $69.95 - Setup fee: $9.95

Thanks for any HELP:happy:

luckyaba
11-18-2007, 11:13 PM
1. You will need to install a BT client on the server like torrent flux
2. No you will not need a router. The setup is done via web browser mostly
3. NO, you still need internet at your house.
4. Your server with Vectoral will have its own IP and your home another one.

that router is a waste of money. You can buy a linksys router that will do the same for a fraction of the costs

A seedbox is a computer you rent from a datacenter. You manage the computer remotely and use the internet connection there to download and upload torrents and then you download them from that server.

IGetMoney
11-18-2007, 11:28 PM
oh ok thanks alot dude you helped me out A LOT but i still have a few questions

1. i have windows vista where would i do this Remote connection thing from and what do i enter the IP and other info from the Server(sorry my question mark doesent work lol)

2. the last thing you said download from the server will that happen automaticly once i have torrentblux set up.

3. um i was banned from one private tracker for no reason at all i guess i was unactive(for 2 weeks)
if i get a new router will it give me a new IP or would i have to change my service provider

luckyaba
11-18-2007, 11:41 PM
1. it depends on how your able to set up the server. some just have a webpage you log into which will be provided with the server when you purchase it. You might want to look at getting CPanel installed on it if your not familiar with servers.

2.No you will have to get an FTP client like filezilla and connect into the server and download the files manually

3. It depends on your ISP. Most bind an IP address to a specific mac address so.... yes there is a good chance if you hook up a router it will pull a different IP.

IGetMoney
11-18-2007, 11:44 PM
more questions WHAT IS cPanel lol and what does it do

luckyaba
11-19-2007, 12:33 AM
Its a web interface to manage your server. I believe Vectoral gives you an option to add it to your order when you purchase it.

To manage your server you would go to a website and there it will give you a graphical interface to manage everything. Add email account, install programs, etc.

IGetMoney
11-19-2007, 01:55 AM
ooo ic ic nice that pretty much sums it up for me thanks for your help...

Fibre
11-20-2007, 02:53 AM
Make sure you get a Windows box. I don't think you would be suited to Linux.