PDA

View Full Version : Converting Movies

juderobs
07-20-2003, 03:07 PM
I have just got one of the Kiss DVD players that play .avi Divx/Xvid movies. The only problem is it only Plays Divx 4 and 5. I need a programme that allows me to convert my older movies (on Divx 3xx .avi) to Divx 4 or 5 or Xvid. I have tried Virtual Dub but it always comes with an error towards the end and the files always seem to large to burn onto CD.

Any help will be appreciated ;)

juderobs
07-23-2003, 06:00 PM
Just a bump ? Please :beerchug:

vash444
07-23-2003, 06:27 PM
Maybe you should try putting the Divx 3 films into .mpg with a program like TMPGEnc and then convert the .mpg to Divx 4 or 5.

ehnoismemu
07-23-2003, 08:29 PM
try change the fourcc code from the file from DIV3 to DIVX using the FourCC Code Changer supplied in the KLite Codec Pack. ;)
i was used to change the fourcc code from XVID to DIVX because the DIVX decoder configured to display with the minimum details takes less resources than the XVID codec, AND the DivX5 codec CAN decode XVID content.
so, copy the movie from the cd to the hd, maybe you'll have to uncheck its Read-Only attribute on the hd, then change the FourCC code and burn it again.

juderobs
07-24-2003, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the help guys ;)

try putting the Divx 3 films into .mpg with a program like TMPGEnc

I have tried the TMPGEnc but it keeps locking out my pc havent a clue why, and encoding to MPG then to DIVX would take for ever wouldnt it? and whould any quality be lost?

using the FourCC Code Changer supplied in the KLite Codec Pack

I will just have to figure how to do that as there doesnt seem like theres anything like that in My KLite Pack

Dapadipz
07-24-2003, 01:49 PM
download DR DIVX its quick aswell

juderobs
07-24-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Dapadipz@24 July 2003 - 14:49
download DR DIVX its quick aswell
Have tried that, and tried about 15 different .avi's but every one comes to a short end saying "Encoding of movie clip failed"

juderobs
07-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Just in case anyone else comes accross this problem, in reference to KISS 450 DVD player. This will allow you to play Divx 3.11 on it as well as 4 and 5 and Xvid
Go to THIS SITE (http://www.kiss-technology.com/index.asp?sprogvalg=6)

Go to General questions:

01. How do I update the firmware in my DVD-Player?

download a file Burn it as described in :-

Firmware questions:

01. How do I make to firmware Update CD?

02. How do I get Nero Burning ROM?

03. Can't I use other burning programmes?

04. Disc at Once / Finalize CD?

05. Full or Partial update?