PDA

View Full Version : only bad news?

fOgfOx
11-19-2007, 03:59 PM
i wonder why the only news in the last few weeks are BAD news for the BitTorrent community. is it really have to be like that?

what i mean is, this site suppose to be a site that encourages file sharing, but by looking at the front page, it looks like a RIAA site or what ever. it looks like the site owners want to scare us the users, and make us think twice before we download anything (i know you dont, im just saying that to make a point).

im not asking you to stop bring bad news, because they warn users, but you can also bring some good news. (if im looking for bad news i open the tv, trust me from where i come from, its only bad news)

Polarbear
11-19-2007, 04:06 PM
...but by looking at the front page it looks like a RIAA site or what ever. I look to like the site owners want to scare us, the users. And make us think twice before we download anything (I know you don’t, im just saying that to make a point).

sorry, i really don't understand what you are talking about.

fst's frontpage looks like a riaa site?

who's scaring who?

btw the good news is the amount of free warez we download everyday - no matter what.

fOgfOx
11-19-2007, 04:16 PM
this site, fst, look at the front page.

few quotes from the front page:

"cooperating with police in handing over user emails" -- "FBI raid on EliteTorrents" -- "10 years in prison coupled with a fine of $500,000" -- "first to be charged" -- "faces up to 2 years in jail".... (and many others)

blackbird
11-19-2007, 04:38 PM
doesnt make any sense at all. . FST news posters are just reporting whats happening around the filesharing world .. if you want to http://www.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2023759/ostrich_head_in_ground_Full.jpg

ignore it like that .. do it .. cannot make those "bad news" go away

fOgfOx
11-19-2007, 04:48 PM
im not asking you to stop bring bad news, because they warn users, but you can also bring some good news.

please read everything before comparing me to an ostrich. :lol:

Nemrod
11-19-2007, 04:53 PM
I donīt get the point either.
Thatīs what is happening.
We, torrentbiters, need to be advised of everything whatīs happening toward to fuck up us, we know -or must know- that this is a risky thing, more for the tracker owners... and when you do something risky you need be very well informed.
And I wonīt ever criticize whoever warns me about whatever, Iīll give the thanks instead.
Iīd like too to watch more nice news but life is what it is.

And I see a lot of good news every day, just every time I log into my favorites trackers I see dozens of good news: each and every .torrent thatīs released.

dave12
11-19-2007, 04:55 PM
come on u got to live with it and they are only posting news and if you are too scared to use bt then stop torrenting and look for some other means to download what u need

Detale
11-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Well what good news would you expect? If all is well there is no news to report. I know it doesn't seem like it but the whole private BT scene is supposed to be kept hush hush.

freedom
11-19-2007, 05:03 PM
anyway.. a bad thing never comes alone.. so smile because tomorrow will be worse :lol:

fOgfOx
11-19-2007, 05:24 PM
well... for my defense i must to say that in every news there are these few minutes (ussually at the end of the news) where there are lighter news, to end with a smile on the face.

Polarbear
11-19-2007, 05:31 PM
well... for my defense i must to say that in every news there are these few minutes (ussually at the end of the news) where there are lighter news, to end with a smile on the face.

visit the invite section - light news there everyday :lol:

news happen - and a news poster should inform people about what's going on.

news are not made to make you smile or for your amusement.

they reflect the real world.

if you want a smile on your face, watch a sitcom.

but this is the reality mate.

fsephie
11-19-2007, 05:56 PM
It's better to be informed than to just assume that everything is rainbows and butterflies. I like to keep abreast of torrent news because it helps me make informed decisions about where I torrent and how much information I'm willing to give out. What's more, it shows that we are more than just a bunch of random people downloading in our basements; we understand the risks and have become a highly involved, tight-knit community for it. We understand what's going on and we fight back against those who try and stop us (see thepiratebay).