11-20-2007, 02:17 PM
hey m8s

can i install Mac os in my Pc or it need Some other PC's

i now use Vista Os

can i ??:)

amirji
11-20-2007, 02:20 PM
From my knowledge that's not possible.

You can install Windows or Linux on Mac OS, but not the other way around.

reno55
11-20-2007, 02:22 PM
hey m8s

i now use Vista Os

You can but you need specific hardware and it is not that easy at all

clocker
11-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Yes, it is possible...google "Hackintosh" for more info.

The process is rather involved and requires that you have access to a real Mac to manipulate Leopard and create the final ISO for install.
Depending on how closely your hardware mimics a real Mac, functionality may be compromised but from what I've read this is totally doable with pretty good results.

LoKaLiRi
11-20-2007, 04:20 PM
thnx m8 for info :P

erunestian
11-20-2007, 09:07 PM
You have to have an intel processor...

clocker
11-20-2007, 10:05 PM
You have to have an intel processor...
No, you don't.
If you trace the "hackintosh" link you'll see that Leopard has been ported onto an AMD system.
As I already said, it's easier the more closely your PC copies a real Mac but still doable as you diverge.

It seems that the intent of these perpetrators was to actually copy a Mac and show the huge markup that Apple affixs to the name.
The original builder spent $800 on hardware and exceeded the specs of a Mac that sells for $2200.
That's quite a disparity...happily overlooked/ignored by the faithful Apple corps but a real craw sticker to the more level headed.

I've had a bit of personal experience with Mac hardware prices...the G5 case I own sells for a whopping $800 through Apple (I paid considerably less).
Yeah, it's a nice case- but not that nice.

We would occasionally get a frantic Mac owner in the shop trying to evade the outlandish Apple replacement part tariff.
Sadly there was nothing to be done for them...the very tight OS/hardware integration that is the very cornerstone of Apple's hegemony makes it economically unfeasible for a third party to intercede profitably.

Say what you will about Microsoft, at least they don't try to strangle you at the hardware level.

Detale
11-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Right I did it a while back you have to get your hands on the "OSX 86" they used to have a few versions on Demoniod. Installed just like windows You do have to format a hard drive though.

We would occasionally get a frantic Mac owner in the shop trying to evade the outlandish Apple replacement part tariff.
Sadly there was nothing to be done for them...the very tight OS/hardware integration that is the very cornerstone of Apple's hegemony makes it economically unfeasible for a third party to intercede profitably.I couldn't agree more I tell all of my friends who own/going to own a mac, parts are INSANE. Go the PC route save money and you can upgrade much easier.

slashnroses04
12-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Has anybody noticed that you cant archive zip in leopard?
it's only called "compress"
in tiger you can archive zip and shrink file size drastically enough to send through email. but in leopard it seem that apple has abandoned this? or so it seems
the option isn't even available, it just says "compress"
and it doesn't even shrink the file size that much.
what the hell is going on.

grimms
12-20-2007, 08:32 PM
OSX 86 is what you need. But you need some pretty high specs to pull it off. Also there is VM Ware Fusion that lets you pull this off as well with the OSX 86 iso file.

legand
12-21-2007, 08:11 PM
no you can't do this cause you need new hardware cause i
try to do in my pc

boodaddymac
12-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Trust me. Just buy a Mac because it is possible but your network card, audio, blue tooth, wireless, and all got to have drivers for them to work. The only thing is there not made by Apple so unless you find a third party drive your in for weeks of stress. If you get a Mac you can install BootCamp which lets you install Windows, and it is so smooth running on a mac. Try eBay if you want to get one to learn first.

Skiz
12-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Also note that you'll pay three times the computers actual worth.

Detale
12-23-2007, 05:28 AM
no you can't do this cause you need new hardware cause i
try to do in my pc

When I first did it I was using a p4 on an old 478 board so I don't agree you need any new hardware. There is a list of testes compatability on the OSX86 page here (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.1#Intel)
I remember that you still have to format the hard drive to mac before you install but there is an option to do so just like Windows during the install from the DVD.

Also note that you'll pay three times the computers actual worth.

Yeah Mac BLOWS small farm animals!!! theres a funny video about it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CrQjfgvqJQ&eurl=http://www.google.com/search?q=mac+sucks&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&cli)
Before anyone start with the "OH but the G5 blah blah..." read this (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/06/24/apple_accused_of_cheating_over/) its about Apple LYING about their benchmarks.

And for those who are going to say Mac is better for video editing...WRONG!!!
Adobe published parts of this test. (http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2002/11_nov/reviews/cw_macvspciii.htm) Shortly afterwards, after pressure from Apple, they were forced to remove the test from their website. The truth doesn't always deserve to be free?

macsyrinx
12-23-2007, 02:54 PM
in tiger you can archive zip and shrink file size drastically enough to send through email. but in leopard it seem that apple has abandoned this? or so it seems

Use Terminal. zip -r foo.zip foo

LoKaLiRi
12-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Very thanks all for the info >> Finally i cant :) or change some hardware
Good luck to all

sanjana
12-30-2007, 09:37 PM
I have the same question. But to answer your question. Yes you can install.

check out http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page under hardware it'll tell you compatible desktops, laptops and components.

broomhead
01-04-2008, 04:52 PM

Use Terminal. zip -r foo.zip foo

Thank you, I have been wondering that same question

YoMuS
01-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Any core 2 duo processor, a gigabyte p35 motherboard (ds3p or ds4 preferred), a decent 2 gb ram, a nvidia 7xxx, and a sata hdd and dvd, and you are ready to go :P

nsap
01-13-2008, 07:15 PM

You can archive in zip without using Terminal. Go to the Finder, then hit Shift-CMD-G (cmd = the key with the Apple symbol on it). Copy and paste the following: /System/Library/CoreServices/

Now open "Archive Utility" and go to the preferences (CMD-,). In this window, in the bottom half, change compressed archive to Zip archive.

However, I still have to question if you really know what the hell you're doing, because I just did a compress with the original setting and it worked fine, created a zip file that reduced a folder from 4.3MB to 1.1MB.

Also, to Detale: I am mostly amused that you care so much about Apple in your hatred for their computers. I never knew someone would care so much to have all this information about something they hated. Especially considering how old some of that information is (the G5 performance scandal is years old), that means you have saved it all this time. I think this is just a front - you really do love Apple don't you? Aww, that's so cute :wub:

Polarbear
01-24-2008, 12:46 AM
hey m8s

i now use Vista Os

i must have answered this question a hundred times in different forums.

so let me just put it in a nutshell:

yes you can - but it will not run properly.

you can take a look at it, but you can't work with it.

i could give you a detailed explanation why, but i'm too lazy.

Detale
01-24-2008, 07:10 AM
PB I had it working fine both times I did it. I was able to connect to the internet and check my email also use Quicktime and watch video. The only thing I had minor trouble with was that there was a high failure rate when trying to Burn a DVD like 1 out of 5 actually worked instead of becoming a coaster.

Polarbear
01-24-2008, 09:54 AM
You can edit kexts; use a different kernel each update and patch and hack your way into a working and stable machine. But you'll have to do it time and time again with each update and security patch that apple releases. Even with the new efi tools updating can be dangerous for you main machine. And some applications; such as vmware, parallels and cider; or even itunes or camino can make your hackintosh crash. When you reboot you could be greeted with a non-functional kernel. Or you could have some kext that's wreaking havoc on your machine.

It's not fun to have to go through all your system caches and kext folders in order to get your machine to boot again while you should be getting real work done.

My advice is to save a little more and buy the real thing.

the fact that mac os runs faster on an apple is clear and understandable. mac osx is implemented perfectly in the known hardware. as well as the software that was coded for it (yes, even the good old photoshop).

windows on the other hand carries a lot of garbage in the kernel. if the sympathic market leader from sunny redmond got rid of this trash in the kernel, everyone would start to cry, because their stone-age hardware and periphery wouldn't be usable anymore.

the linux kernel has a smarter and more moderate solution.

if you want to use it on a pc - fine. but don't you dare poting here how slow mac osx is

I used to use my hack often, but now I own a macbook and love it. No worries about getting a new release for updates or if my machine will work later.

you need to check your mobo, sound card, ethernet card, sata, gfx card, and so on. if you have ethernet or sata that needs specialized drivers downloaded separately that is not on the hacked osx cd image then i highly recommend you put them into the cd image before you burn, especially sata since doing so is required to install. also, i recommend having a seperate hdd for this and not just an open partition. it saves steps and issues with boot loaders and such.

Laptops aren't quite as forgiving as desktops for one simple reason, no ability to swap out hardware. Many wifi chipsets, especially from the Pentium-M generation of hardware just plain aren't compatible with Hackintosh OS X, and some of those laptops lack the PCMCIA slot. Read on the OS X86 project but I opted never to install OS X on my laptop since wifi on my Dell 700m would have been broken at best. There may be some hardware that runs OS X well but now that I have a MacBook I can't say I'm out to test it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd-zssew38w&feature=related

i could go on and on and post hundreds of quotes with hackintosh users reporting bugs, having trouble with this and that, reporting non functional and slow elements.

i saw mac os x running on a new pc at a friends place.

he's real good and knows all his hardware parts.

even on a 5 year old mac it will run much faster. the speed was ridiculous.

so again it will run in a sort of buggy demo mode. but it has nothing to do with a real mac os.

if you want mac os x running perfectly, stable and ultra fast. if you want vista to run faster than on a pc, buy a mac.

p.s. why am i discussing with you anyway. you already stated that you do not like macs. so there's no need for you to run os x or buy a computer that costs 10 times as much as a pc :P

p.p.s. youtube is full of videos where people take a camera and film their hackintosh. the os seems to be popular amongst pc users :-)