PDA

View Full Version : to all roadrunners newsgrouppers clients

marcolisi
11-21-2007, 02:04 AM
Hello guys, untill yesterday morning, I could connect to NYC road runner newsgroup , with 20 connections and download at 800kbps or more.
From yesterday night untill now, I can connect with just 4 connections at the same time , and my speed went down to 500 kbps.
They other connection , I get timeout road runner server.
Do u get the same problem , or I get this problem because they capped my newsgroup access to 4 connection to limit my speed ??
thank u

iNVADER
11-21-2007, 02:59 AM
same here. im in chat with them right now :(

n18
11-21-2007, 03:41 AM
using altbinz here, downloading @ 950kb/s but it lets me download 5 articles @ a time ( note: its different than connections)

iNVADER
11-21-2007, 03:44 AM
im getting 100 kbs wtf

Skiz
11-21-2007, 03:48 AM
Hello guys, untill yesterday morning, I could connect to NYC road runner newsgroup , with 20 connections and download at 800kbps or more.
From yesterday night untill now, I can connect with just 4 connections at the same time , and my speed went down to 500 kbps.
They other connection , I get timeout road runner server.
Do u get the same problem , or I get this problem because they capped my newsgroup access to 4 connection to limit my speed ??
thank u

Call tech support. It's fast and they're pretty informative with any issues such these. :)

iNVADER
11-21-2007, 04:28 AM
they said all LA, CA area customers(former aldelphia customers) area having slow speeds, packet loss , etc :(

Skiz
11-21-2007, 04:31 AM
they said all LA, CA area customers(former aldelphia customers) area having slow speeds, packet loss , etc :(

Reasons? ETA till normal speeds resume? Suggested port change? Etc.?

iNVADER
11-21-2007, 05:11 AM
no gave no reasons but(former aldelphia customers) they said there is no estimated ETA but it will be fixed soon

marcolisi
11-21-2007, 05:27 AM
hi n18,
u said that:

downloading @ 950kb/s but it lets me download 5 articles @ a time ( note: its different than connections)

what do u mean??
How can I setup 5 articles @ a time ?
and
how many connection do u use??

thank u so much

Athlon64
11-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Your not alone guys. I've been having shity speeds all this week and last week. The best I can get is 200kbps. Only times I'm able to pull 10mpbs is around 2-3 am based on my logs. All of LA is basically screwed right now. I already called and complained and was given a month free. I suggest everyone try to do the same because this isn't the first time and it's really getting ridiculous.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19227629-TWC-Atrocious-Speeds-In-SoCal

Skiz
11-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Your not alone guys. I've been having shity speeds all this week and last week. The best I can get is 200kbps. Only times I'm able to pull 10mpbs is around 2-3 am based on my logs. All of LA is basically screwed right now. I already called and complained and was given a month free. I suggest everyone try to do the same because this isn't the first time and it's really getting ridiculous.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19227629-TWC-Atrocious-Speeds-In-SoCal

The good news there is if they offered a month free, they aren't throttling.

I haven't tested my RR in some time. I'll try it out tomorrow when there's something to download.

Athlon64
11-21-2007, 06:56 AM
I really sold it though, after two weeks I just had enough. I WAS PISSED!

This isn't even about just newsgroup downloading, it's basically almost all of SoCal that are having speed issues in general.

edit: RR doesn't seem to throttle, which makes me happy. :) I've download 500GB+ for about 5 straight months and speeds remained the same and I never got a phone call or service cut.

n18
11-22-2007, 06:19 PM
hi n18,
u said that:

downloading @ 950kb/s but it lets me download 5 articles @ a time ( note: its different than connections)

what do u mean??
How can I setup 5 articles @ a time ?
and
how many connection do u use??

thank u so much

Well my only experiances are with grabit and altbinz, in grabit it opens up connections and downloads different files using these connections, like connection (a) will download file (1) and connection (b) will download file (2). But in altbinz it downloadoads pieces of one file ( articles) at the same time, so you'd be downloading 5 (articles) from the same file.

marcolisi
11-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi n18,
me too I use alt.binz.
I set up in servers
news-server.nyc.rr.com
5 numbers of connections
port 119
no usern and no passw

So as u said Alt.binz download automatically 5 articles from thye same file.

How is it possiblke that u do not have connection problem ??
In NY area , I can have just 4 working connections...
thank u

crunchy
11-23-2007, 08:16 PM
While I have RoadRunner crew in here, is it possible for me to access RoadRunner's newsgroups from my university's internet connection? They ban torrents so if i could use my parents' RR newsgroups it would be a godsend.

crunchy
11-24-2007, 03:12 AM
While I have RoadRunner crew in here, is it possible for me to access RoadRunner's newsgroups from my university's internet connection? They ban torrents so if i could use my parents' RR newsgroups it would be a godsend.
why dont u just try?:dabs:

I did, now that I'm back at my University. It didn't work initially, but perhaps someone knows a way to do it?

LinkS v2.0
11-25-2007, 04:07 AM
roadrunner goes by ipaddress :)

Homeless
11-25-2007, 10:12 PM
I can only use 4 connections now too. Speeds aren't suffering too much as I only used about 6-7 connections anyway; I get around 500-1300kb/s speeds depending on what time of day it is

marcolisi
11-26-2007, 01:36 AM
hi guys, today is ipossible to download....I can have just 1-2 connections at 100 kbps speed in total
Anyone know what is going on??
thank u

Homeless
11-26-2007, 02:04 AM
I'm on 4 connections right now and the speed is around 400. I also noticed that the retention time is now awful. I'm attempting to download a file that's 29 days old and having problems when I remember I could download files that used to be 85-110 days old.

Hopefully these are just temporary problems and not permanent ones

marcolisi
11-26-2007, 05:36 AM
For me just 3 connections( 4 or more do not work) at 550 kbps . Do u think if I write an email to rr could help ?? I mean , if I tell them that the newsgroups is slow for me , for sure they would think that I am using for qownload , eventhough for sure they already know.
What do u think it could be smart in doing for us ??
thank u

marcolisi
11-27-2007, 05:09 AM
Exactly the same as u hee, plus at least 1 time a day , my connection do not work at all, my internet not connect anymore.
I need to remove the power to my router and it starts working again.....I hope we will havew a resolution
thnaku

freeinvites
12-02-2007, 03:18 AM
lppp

Kmtnwmn
12-02-2007, 10:46 PM
I don't think it's on the RR end but the NH end. After a week or two connect and pray (which didn't help), I reactivated my unlimited NH account until things are sorted out. Not one bit of problem through the paid NH account where I do good to hold on too one or two connections through RR/NH