PDA

View Full Version : Racing strategies on a seedbox

unilever
11-21-2007, 05:06 AM
What are your general racing strategies on a seedbox to transfer from one faster bittorrent tracker to another? Do you use custom scripts or just the general RSS Downloader for your particular client with the 5 minute update intervals (BTW, is there any client that has shorter time intervals)? Also, is anyone using an automated method of racing other than RSS downloading?

iam1337
11-21-2007, 05:09 AM
Good thread bro

What am i doing for some sites like bitmetv is just using RSS with Utorrent. I am able to achieve a 5.3 ratio on that site using RSS so its working well.

Let's see any other ideas. I wanted to know if you could use a script on mirc to auto download on utorrent, i've heard of people doing that but no clue on anything.

:)

Bad Blue Boy
11-21-2007, 06:20 AM
i dont use rss i like to race to add it first..taht way i have more fun doing it

Polarbear
11-21-2007, 06:25 AM
:D why don't you start your own groups and compete with each other?

what a waste of time.

and yes there are scripts for irc. then you can be the fastes of them all :gey:

question: how much do you watch of the stuff you download?

chillincool
11-21-2007, 06:59 AM

what a waste of time.

Do you even understand what he's asking? He's asking if theres an automated way to download stuff from 1 tracker and upload it on another tracker. It's a pretty gay thing to do.

Polarbear
11-21-2007, 07:06 AM

what a waste of time.

Do you even understand what he's asking?

yes i do and tracker racing is for n00bs :P

tusks
11-21-2007, 08:12 AM
FXP races are where its at :P

unilever
11-21-2007, 08:39 AM

what a waste of time.

Do you even understand what he's asking? He's asking if theres an automated way to download stuff from 1 tracker and upload it on another tracker. It's a pretty gay thing to do.

Why is it gay? You prefer to waste your time doing it the manual way because you feel sort of pride in doing so and it's how everyone else does it? Give me a break. I'm assuming you download with the help of RSS, right? You'd probably say that method was gay as well, if it wasn't as popular as it is now.

Polarbear
11-21-2007, 09:15 AM

Why is it gay? You prefer to waste your time doing it the manual way because you feel sort of pride in doing so and it's how everyone else does it? Give me a break. I'm assuming you download with the help of RSS, right? You'd probably say that method was gay as well, if it wasn't as popular as it is now.

you are funny.

i reached a certain level where i don't have to make up my mind about those things anymore.

i don't need to buffer accounts with seedboxes, irc prechannel scripts,tracker racing or rss feed downloading anymore.

i just downlad the warez i want and seed them back to a reasonable ratio.

but most importantly: i enjoy my warez. i watch movies and i listen to music. i enjoy hanging around in tracker forums.

you are just transfering data, no matter what. content doesn't bother you as long as you can raise your ratio with it.

you will understand me, if you have all you need.

DanielleD87
11-21-2007, 09:24 AM
i hate to break it to you but there is a reason racing groups exist.

yes. automate from irc and automate a queue for the .torrent files from other trackers via irc to be loaded up once the download finishes from one tracker.

the hardest step and final part is to get it setup properly where it will seed properly when two trackers have different info. usually the .nfo files are different so 1 chunk (or whatever it is called) is off. setting it to have .nfo and .nfo(2) without redownloading the entire rls can be a bit of a pain depending on how you're setup.

Polarbear
11-21-2007, 09:58 AM
i hate to break it to you but there is a reason racing groups exist.

i know. :wacko: that was irony - or have you ever heard of a tracker racing group?

DanielleD87
11-21-2007, 10:05 AM
no because 1) there isn't enough uploaders to racer to trackers 2) it is hard to race an upload to a tracker. either you up the whole rls or not at all. no individual .rar files. to bad a database doesn't exist for uppers' boxes to announce automatically what rar files are on the box already so people actually can race.. but then at the same time why have that when you could have some sort of drftpd setup between racers instead? ... oh wait that would then end up becoming a dump site. oh snap.

babble babble

Fibre
11-24-2007, 03:30 AM
Polarbear (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/polarbear-179797), don't knock someone else for having an interest in something. Please keep your negative comments to yourself.

p1r4t3
11-24-2007, 12:53 PM

you are funny.

i reached a certain level where i don't have to make up my mind about those things anymore.

i don't need to buffer accounts with seedboxes, irc prechannel scripts,tracker racing or rss feed downloading anymore.

i just downlad the warez i want and seed them back to a reasonable ratio.

but most importantly: i enjoy my warez. i watch movies and i listen to music. i enjoy hanging around in tracker forums.

you are just transfering data, no matter what. content doesn't bother you as long as you can raise your ratio with it.

you will understand me, if you have all you need.

Word

Cheffy
11-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Someone have to spread the unpopular releases as well.
If no one did that you would only be able to download Blockbuster movies, top 5 tv series, and just for get about finding the programs and songs you want to download. Since no one is transferring them.

And you also get longer lifetime on torrents and increased download speed.
So personally i think its positive that people are trying to transfer as much data as possible with their boxes.

AugustoP
11-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Please ban the guy with evil corporation brand as his nickname.

Polarbear
11-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Please ban the guy with evil corporation brand as his nickname.
:-D

maybe his dad is a hot shot there and sponsored his seedbox.

t0mmy
11-24-2007, 01:38 PM
just paint your seedbox red ;)