PDA

View Full Version : how not to lose accounts for inactivity?

Giveaway
11-22-2007, 06:07 PM
is there a program that can visit periodically a site, so that my account wont be deleted due to inactivity?

tiolewis
11-22-2007, 06:08 PM
The best way is using your accounts.

Giveaway
11-22-2007, 06:09 PM
i have some accounts that use not so often. so i need a program that visits the site automatically

fOrUmAs
11-22-2007, 06:11 PM
is it to hard to log in every few days or 2 week?..many sites delete your acc if you havent log in more than 42days,but some tracker delete it after 28 and so on...

or u can try park your acc..then u are fine for 90 days or on some 60days..

there is no program that can check or log in into your acc..

but someone who u know if you cant log in every few days and you will be fine

Kyl3KK
11-22-2007, 06:11 PM
In Firefox, make a folder in your bookmarks, put all your sites in there, when you want to log in, open your bookmarks, right click the folder and click open all in tabs.

sleepyy
11-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Some sites only require you to log in nothing else within there set time periods

some sites demand that you download something within their set time periods

If you are unsure ask in their fourms not all sites have a park feature but this can prevent it from getting deleated with in the sites set time period again it is an extended time from their normal login removeal process you gain a few extra days hours weeks but you can't download anything or seed

If you don't use the account or don't want it ask for it to be removed from the site or just never log in change the password and emaill address to something random like oasidf;sdljf;lksdjlksdjfl;ksdj;lfsjd [email protected]

You will never be able to log in again

If your going away for whatever reason say holiday the park feature is for that mainly or just ask a friend or a staff member of the site to log in for you

Giveaway
11-22-2007, 07:05 PM
In Firefox, make a folder in your bookmarks, put all your sites in there, when you want to log in, open your bookmarks, right click the folder and click open all in tabs.
this might be a good solution
but a program that works in background would be the best

supper
11-22-2007, 07:16 PM
there is option in some tracker like park account and others like s*t the only way is donate:happy: and the others there is no other way to keep them:cry:

Kyl3KK
11-22-2007, 07:19 PM
this might be a good solution
but a program that works in background would be the bestC'mon that's no big deal, and it's actually quite practical.

y0y0
11-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Some sites only require you to log in nothing else within there set time periods

If you are unsure ask in their fourms not all sites have a park feature but this can prevent it from getting deleated with in the sites set time period again it is an extended time from their normal login removeal process you gain a few extra days hours weeks but you can't download anything or seed

If you don't use the account or don't want it ask for it to be removed from the site or just never log in change the password and emaill address to something random like oasidf;sdljf;lksdjlksdjfl;ksdj;lfsjd [email protected]

If your going away for whatever reason say holiday the park feature is for that mainly or just ask a friend or a staff member of the site to log in for you

i think you shouldnt post your email here!
jejeje

DyNast
11-22-2007, 08:02 PM
You can park your account in some sites...

Giveaway
11-22-2007, 08:03 PM

i think you shouldnt post your email here!
:lol:

shutdk
11-22-2007, 09:21 PM
i'm looking for a program like this.. But reversed. It needs to delete accounts :D

psxcite
11-23-2007, 02:02 AM
I have alot of accounts as well. But I look at it this way- if I can't seed something at least once or twice a week, then I don't need it. I'm taking up a slot for someone who could use the account and be a more productive member of the tracker.

Now, of course, I understand with trackers dropping dead left and right it's always nice to have alternates. And there are those specialty trackers you use occasionally for specific material. But when it gets to the point where it's takes too much time for me to simply login a site and at least check the news - obviously I need to use delacc.php.

Cheffy
11-23-2007, 03:21 AM

Jupp, thats what i do. But then again i actually use all my sites.

stitched
11-23-2007, 03:27 AM
can some one tell me how long before the account get disabled due to inactivity in bitmetv...how long can i have 0up and 0 down...

thanks for the reply@polarbear

Polarbear
11-23-2007, 03:45 AM
can some one tell me how long before the account get disabled due to inactivity in bitmetv...how long can i have 0up and 0 down...

from bitmetv faq:

What is the policy on inactive accounts?

New accounts with zero upload or download amounts that are inactive for more than 30 days are automatically disabled. Accounts with greater than zero upload and download that are inactive for more than 60 days are automatically disabled. Simply logging in to the website is not considered activity. To avoid being disabled, the account needs to be used for upload/download; otherwise it is inactive, even if it is parked. Parking an account does not save it from being disabled for low ratio or inactivity. Parking an account indicates that the owner of the account will be away for a while, and the staff will take that into consideration if an account is unused for a period of time. An account with a good ratio is less likely to be disabled for inactivity than an account with a poor ratio. It is a good idea if you are going to be away to put the following information into the member "info" box in the user/cp settings: That you are going to be away for an extended period and the rough date of when you expect to return. When you return, visit us in the irc help channel and you will be re-enabled in most cases.

mbucari1
11-23-2007, 09:17 AM
well, most sites DO consider logging in activity.

One thing you can try is writing a script to log in for you. Assuming your cookies haven't expired, this should be fairly simple. I was thinking something along the lines of...

c:\progra~1\mozill~1\firefox -new-window www.TorrentSite1.org www.TorrentSite2.org -new-window etc
ping -n 1 -w 30000 1.2.3.4 ;wait 30 seconds

:kill ;repeatedly send the close command until all instances of firefox have been closed.
taskkill /im firefox.exe
ren c:\progra~1\mozill~1\chrome\toolkit.jar tk.jar
if not exist c:\progra~1\mozill~1\chrome\tk.jar goto kill
ren c:\progra~1\mozill~1\chrome\tk.jar toolkit.jar

save this as a batch file and set it to run once a week in windows scheduled tasks.

t0mmy
11-23-2007, 09:18 AM
well i just put all my torrent sites into on folder in my bookmarks, then click on open all links in folder :D in firefox :) it works for me

silhoutte
11-23-2007, 10:20 AM

One thing you can try is writing a script to log in for you. Assuming your cookies haven't expired, this should be fairly simple. I was thinking something along the lines of...

c:\progra~1\mozill~1\firefox www.TorrentSite1.org www.TorrentSite2.org etc
taskkill /f /im firefox.exe ;kill firefox
save this as a batch file and set it to run once a week in windows scheduled tasks.

That's a good tip. It works. But how often does it open? When the system is idle? And what about some trackers were we have to log in each time? Is there a away we can automate the sign in process?

mbucari1
11-23-2007, 10:25 AM

c:\progra~1\mozill~1\firefox www.TorrentSite1.org www.TorrentSite2.org etc
taskkill /f /im firefox.exe ;kill firefox

That's a good tip. It works. But how often does it open? When the system is idle? And what about some trackers were we have to log in each time? Is there a away we can automate the sign in process?well, if your cookies have expired then I'm out of ideas at the moment. Many trackers employ security measures to prevent automatic login attempts, and for the ones that don't I have no clue.

this would work for me however because I keep the same IP until I reboot my router (or manually renew) and as long as I keep logging in my cookies remain active.

silhoutte
11-23-2007, 03:50 PM
I use this. 'Macro Express 3'. to automate login processes in some not so used trackers by making different bookmark folders in firefox. It works fine unless it messes up with something, usually, messages from my antivirus client or an update message for a program.

Fibre
11-24-2007, 03:16 AM
If you have no use for an account, get it deleted. Someone else can join and actually use the site.

If you're going away trekking for three months, it's more understandable.