PDA

View Full Version : Make FST invite only?

WarrenBuffet
11-23-2007, 01:34 AM
Just though of this...

*EDIT

I should clarify this,
I would only propose to privatize the BT section and all the goodies that go along with it. By goodies, of course, I mean the BT Invites...
My reasoning would be to achieve a successful environment were every member has 100 percent trust in their own community. I realize FST's community already ahs minimal scammers, etc. But i'm not satisfied until this place is full of Gandhi incarnates
But hey, you guys are the smartest, so join the flock and flame me, Or you can give constructive feedback for your beliefs for/against this proposal.

Detale
11-23-2007, 01:34 AM
but where would you trade for FST invites?? on SCT and FTN!? :P

WarrenBuffet
11-23-2007, 01:35 AM
lol, whereever, it would really "redefine" the community after a couple of months.

chiefosceola
11-23-2007, 01:39 AM
make FST invite only. :whistling

funny how you just think of that after kimii posts it

raj3186
11-23-2007, 01:39 AM

:lol:

Polarbear
11-23-2007, 01:42 AM
i think you sometimes forget, that fst is not about bt invites.

Grind$oFine
11-23-2007, 01:44 AM
It's a nice idea, but it's not really practical...
FST is not just for invites, it's also a thread where people can just chat and get help.
And I think the reason it's so easy to get invites here and the reason a lot of people are even here in the first place is because anyone can join.

There are plenty of invite-only invite sites, why make FST one of them? :idunno:

Obviously there are problems here, but I don't think going invite only is the solution.

Heroo
11-23-2007, 01:45 AM

+1

I Vote No:)

raj3186
11-23-2007, 01:51 AM

small mistake polarbear, It is "I Think FST is not only about bt invites

Grind$oFine
11-23-2007, 01:53 AM
You could possibly just make the invite section alone invite only,
but tons of people would just post in the regular bittorrent section with their requests.

I realize it already happens now, but I think it would be significantly worse.

titofat
11-23-2007, 01:54 AM
i vote no too .
FST is general community

kirktrix
11-23-2007, 01:57 AM
I voted No...

FST is a site that helps many newbies about torrents and other computer stuff ...If we become Invite only we lessen that opportunity to help...

0Ri0N
11-23-2007, 02:05 AM
Never

kaffeine
11-23-2007, 02:07 AM
FST is far more than just about the invites stock market. some people really need to get out of the BT invites section...

sleepyy
11-23-2007, 02:07 AM
Leave it open to everyone how would this be such a good comunity if nobody could join there are other places which are invite only which are no where near as strong people would get pissed off and find an alternative not everybody is a Wan**r

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4403/wrongom3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SgtMajor
11-23-2007, 02:22 AM
I like your posts, they get dafter by the day.

G-Force
11-23-2007, 02:24 AM
FST is fine the way it is.

I like your posts, they get dafter by the day.

I wasn't going to say anything, but........

fsephie
11-23-2007, 02:32 AM
It would be nice if there weren't always 200+ people viewing the invite section and more people in the, say, games or music section...

Detale
11-23-2007, 02:35 AM
Where are all these people who said yes? It is absurd to make it invite only. This site is WAY bigger than our little corner. This is a place to help others and learn from each other, not some snooty stuck up place where you have to be 1337 to get in. I think the whole idea is just ridiculous

psxcite
11-23-2007, 02:35 AM
Who voted yes? That's like closing the borders to the US due to a few morons with bombs. Don't let a few bad apples ruin it for the rest. And just like the United States, FST is an oasis of opportunity in the this drab and dreary world. Everyone should have access to it - no exceptions.

Roy.A
11-23-2007, 02:37 AM
Voted "No" ,
FST should be easily accessible to help people and expand their knowledge about BitTorrent etc. ~
by making it closed and hard to get you will disrupt "File Sharing" awareness .

Polarbear
11-23-2007, 02:44 AM
people vote for yes because of their "i'm in - fuck the rest" attitude they love so much.

they would even make their local supermarket invite only if it grew their e-penis.

tweakz
11-23-2007, 02:56 AM

Sooooooo true!!!!!!!!!!!:fst:

t0mmy
11-23-2007, 02:59 AM
i wouldnt mind if it was invite only :P it would be alot more exclusive :P

Skiz
11-23-2007, 03:05 AM
Some people seem to think that FST is driven by the Bittorrent section. The Bittorrent section is only one section of many. FST was successful long before the Invites section was established and to be honest, I feel it would be much better if all the members who are here solely to trade invites, fucked right off.

For the most part FST has a wealth of information posted and scads of knowledgeable members who are ready to help at a moments notice. But too many threads have completely asinine responses or comments from a member who is talking out of his/her ass. That brings the overall usefulness of the forum down.

Nine times out of ten, that members profile will reveal that the majority of their posts are contained within the Bittorrent related sections.

Coincidence? You decide.

Cheffy
11-23-2007, 03:15 AM
FST is not only about Bittorrent.
Its a open forum were you can discuss everything, Its my main source of information regarding torrents and other warez. You could ofc make the invite selection invite only. But making everything invite only would only make info travel slower since not everyone had access to this site.

Skiz
11-23-2007, 03:21 AM
FST is not only about Bittorrent.
Its a open forum were you can discuss everything, Its my main source of information regarding torrents and other warez. You could ofc make the invite selection invite only. But making everything invite only would only make info travel slower since not everyone had access to this site.

Agreed.

File sharing in general is about being open and sharing; not limiting or restricting what's out there. :)

kirktrix
11-23-2007, 03:25 AM
How come there is many voted yes.. but if you read the post here majority are voted no or never...Are the members who voted yes cannot justified their vote? or they just afraid to reveal themselves?

kimii
11-23-2007, 03:27 AM

I like this.

SgtMajor
11-23-2007, 03:41 AM
How come there is many voted yes.. but if you read the post here majority are voted no or never...Are the members who voted yes cannot justified their vote? or they just afraid to reveal themselves?

Because of the selfish attitude of humans. If they think it is going to become a closed shop, then they will have the opinion of "I'm in, I will have have access to the goodies and others won't, so why should I share them goodies"

Thankfully, it will never happen.

stitched
11-23-2007, 03:42 AM
no,please dont make it an invite only forum......every one should be able to register.....it has a lot of information about a lot of things regarding file sharing.....the question is would u have wanted it to be an invite only forum before u joined in.?...i dont think so.

Skiz
11-23-2007, 03:47 AM

Because of the selfish attitude of humans. If they think it is going to become a closed shop, then they will have the opinion of "I'm in, I will have have access to the goodies and others won't, so why should I share them goodies"

You never know. They're like, totally convincing me right now. :O

Polarbear
11-23-2007, 03:51 AM
no,please dont make it an invite only forum......every one should be able to register.....it has a lot of information about a lot of things regarding file sharing.....the question is would u have wanted it to be an invite only forum before u joined in.?...i dont think so.
:D sweet

don't worry dude, it won't happen.

kaffeine
11-23-2007, 03:52 AM
/me creates multiple FST accounts for future trades.

Skiz
11-23-2007, 03:54 AM
/me creates multiple FST accounts for future trades.

Ohnoyoudid't. :sneaky:

kaffeine
11-23-2007, 04:01 AM
Ohnoyoudid't. :sneaky:
well, with so many convincing arguments, you might close FST and then... me has many valuable accounts that can tradez for many many super high level invitez :lol:

Something Else
11-23-2007, 04:02 AM
What a dumb idea :no:

AirStrike
11-23-2007, 04:03 AM
never

SgtMajor
11-23-2007, 04:17 AM

I am spoilt for choice as to which eloquent, well constructed and convincing argument for going invite only has possibly swayed you to this way of thinking. :whistling

dave12
11-23-2007, 04:46 AM
no need for making it invite only

sear
11-23-2007, 04:50 AM
well if it happens I think zaa730 will be the first to get the boot ;)

why would you even consider making it invite only? The whole attraction of FST is that it's open and people come here to post about their problems and play out their dramas :P well actually that's not quite true but the scene needs a place like this where people can come and ask for help or just have a chat. Get a grip if you want an invite only forum there's plenty already out there FST is fine the way it is...well the traders could fuck off but tbh even they have something to contribute when they venture outside the invites section...if they can speak english that is.

Detale
11-23-2007, 04:52 AM
Although my friend Sear is gay he is also right. :P OK so we have to deal with idiots from time to time, it still makes absolutely no sense to ever make it invite only.

Broken
11-23-2007, 04:54 AM
Only such an idea could be spawned in the BT section.
What else can I say... lol.

Detale
11-23-2007, 05:32 AM

If this IS true than even She was joking about it so the point is moot

I wasn't being serious. :stuart:

Broken I'm getting the feeling you don't like it in here, is that the case?

Broken
11-23-2007, 05:50 AM
[quote=chiefosceola;2438349]

Broken I'm getting the feeling you don't like it in here, is that the case?

I do not like the idea that there is some kind of eliteness about the torrent community, or closing this place to the public because of it - as reflected my above post. I was all about this place before BT was even a thought. And I don't consider it to be about BT now.

I don't care for this section all that much,
but ever once in awhile I find a gem of a post like this a stray here. Considering the mind set here, I'd probably be better off just laugh an the BS and moving on instead of waisting a post. I am not gonna change the way anyone thinks.

mysterious
11-23-2007, 06:45 AM
People would start to care of their accounts.

sense
11-23-2007, 06:56 AM
This thread is too funny, invite only? Heck why don't we slap a level on FST as well? This is great place for people new to the torrent community to join and learn a few things. Going invite only imo wouldn't be appropriate.

Patriot foreve
11-23-2007, 07:29 AM
yeah we can make FST invite only and promote kimii to be amod to handle the bans ,she has quite anice resume in that field of experties :lol:

bataya
11-23-2007, 07:33 AM
+1 you have right, it`s not about invite onli...

kooftspc11
11-23-2007, 07:38 AM

agreed...the site has many other great forums

SiNa
11-23-2007, 07:44 AM
First of all the answer is no. 2nd of all why would you do it? if you know the answer, try figuring something else out

edit: i think the votes of all the greedy people here should not be counted, lol.

masterbat
11-23-2007, 07:47 AM
NO . they want more members , more traffic , more money :D

Detale
11-23-2007, 07:47 AM
[quote=Detale;2438736]

I do not like the idea that there is some kind of eliteness about the torrent community, or closing this place to the public because of it - as reflected my above post. I was all about this place before BT was even a thought. And I don't consider it to be about BT now.

I don't care for this section all that much,
but ever once in awhile I find a gem of a post like this a stray here. Considering the mind set here, I'd probably be better off just laugh an the BS and moving on instead of waisting a post. I am not gonna change the way anyone thinks.

Dude you know what I agree with you to an extent. There IS an eliteness about BT, I hate it as well, but complaining about it does nothing. We need to do something about it. Try and Change peoples mind about it. Posting innocuous things like " Only such an idea could be spawned in the BT section.
What else can I say... lol." does absolutly nothing to change the situation it only makes you look bitter or jaded even. I have gone over a bunch of your posts and I can see that you are a decent guy and very smart. Why not put some more quality in your point of views and try and help people "Guide the no0bs so to speak" Help them see there is a better way.

Sylar666
11-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Let 'em come! Autoselection works anyway...live it or leave it.:)

GoLDeN
11-23-2007, 08:45 AM
may be its the wright time to be invite only tracker

Sylar666
11-23-2007, 09:23 AM
It ain't a tracker, mate...its supposed to be a forum, a board.

vizouk
11-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Btw what do for stop this stupid threads here abt cheat :s stop registers was good :wacko:

supper
11-23-2007, 09:51 AM
before i join to fst i saw some ppl were trading fst accounts on other forums u can imagien what will happen if fst will become by invites at this time

masterbat
11-23-2007, 09:58 AM
zaa should be banned before she makes another stupid thread :D

Detale
11-23-2007, 10:13 AM
cmon now be nice. She is just throwing ideas around. I dont agree but by the poll some people do. They're not posting here but they clicked

Bad Blue Boy
11-23-2007, 02:42 PM
yeah we have don t it on IC and i am very happy...

Skiz
11-23-2007, 02:49 PM

I am spoilt for choice as to which eloquent, well constructed and convincing argument for going invite only has possibly swayed you to this way of thinking. :whistling

But there are so many. :cry:

Skizo..... resists...... temptation........ :cptkirk:

markupmaster
11-23-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm afraid I'm goinbg to have to vote no as well..

:P

fOrUmAs
11-23-2007, 02:55 PM
i voted no and also think FST shoud stay public all the time..there is no good reasone why should go invite only.

silhoutte
11-23-2007, 03:37 PM
If FST is invite only where will you trade your FST invites? :whistling

whiteyes
11-23-2007, 03:43 PM
yes but invites are easy to get

change my mind to No now

silhoutte
11-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Then why making it invite only, if anyone can get an invite easily? And where will you get invites from? From FST? Or from private trackers? Or do we need another forum to hand out invites? Unless you do these, how are invites 'easy to get'?

fOrUmAs
11-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Then why making it invite only, if anyone can get an invite easily? And where will you get invites from? From FST? Or from private trackers? Or do we need another forum to hand out invites? Unless you do these, how are invites 'easy to get'?

yep guy is told all with that post

mrnobody
11-23-2007, 04:22 PM
NO!
NO!
NO!
NO!
NO!
NO!
not enough?
they have a saying...
"a pic is worth thousand words"

http://www.tcrg.org/hell%20no.jpg

fireinthearse
11-23-2007, 04:32 PM
well, u kno, i wud like if t3h FST becums inv onli, so i cud trade t3h inv fer sumthing wurth like SCT or FTN cuz i love them and want to join them nd mayb even FTWR cuz its soooo c00000l ill trade it for sum gud sites i promiss, nd ill cheat as wll.
wht? i luv chting rly cuz u get lots of ul to waste bw on.

Ahem. I'm kidding of course. I'm just happy my exams got over. Above is an example of what might happen if FST went invite only:P. God, I hate n00bs who write crap like that:whistling FST is fine the way it is, IMO. Hopefully some of you can understand what the above paragraph means. I sure didnt:P:lol:

Good day fellow FSTers.

Edit: lol squirr3l.

zizo85
11-23-2007, 04:36 PM
thats not good idea
never

tralalala
11-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Stupid idea. FST is about FilesharingTALK. We talk here about everything, and making it invite only would make it extremely worthless trying to get in here, as you could just open another massive public forum elsewhere.

SiNa
11-23-2007, 04:40 PM
atleast it would make more sense to make the bt invites section here invite only, but not the whole forum

WarrenBuffet
11-23-2007, 05:04 PM
You know what, I'm still going to stick to my beliefs even though you all classify them as "retarded" or whatever clever feedback you can give. Heres my backing for voting yes.
There have been some crazy mishaps in our recent past. These include all the postings of ratio cheats and bor74 general nonsense. FST already does a great job with minimizing scammers, but im not satisfied until there are zero scammers and we can trust a new member with 5 posts as much as some 2 year vet with 100bt rep.

wheeloftime
11-23-2007, 05:20 PM
What has fst got to do with revolt and what is a revolt times 10? I honestly don't understand your reasoning zaa730.

jr56
11-23-2007, 05:35 PM
No, it's hard enough to get into some trackers.

Everyone should have a chance to learn about what's out there in terms of filesharing, i know since joining i learned a lot thanks to FST.

sokrates
11-23-2007, 06:02 PM
making fst invite only wouldnt make sense in a financial way either^^
and besides here are so many members, so where is the sense making it invite only?
and well as skizo told us here are still some subsections you have to be invited to xD(for the ones always desperate to be everywhere :P )

lilpiggie
11-23-2007, 06:31 PM
I don't think that turning anything into invite only will improve the forum. If it's to avoid requesting of invites for various torrent sites I'd rather consider just making subsections of the forum invite only! I don't see how number of posts nor how long you've been on the site makes anyone more reliable.. depending on when you joined in July you haven't been around for that long either! :)

I don't think you can avoid people with bad intentions completely no matter how hard you try, and why would you? Do you post things you don't want them to know, or do you feel that the people post spam in the forum?

Shando
11-23-2007, 06:31 PM
no we need it big and big

:)

tralalala
11-23-2007, 06:37 PM
You know what, I'm still going to stick to my beliefs even though you all classify them as "retarded" or whatever clever feedback you can give. Heres my backing for voting yes.
There have been some crazy mishaps in our recent past. These include all the postings of ratio cheats and bor74 general nonsense. FST already does a great job with minimizing scammers, but im not satisfied until there are zero scammers and we can trust a new member with 5 posts as much as some 2 year vet with 100bt rep.

And that just shows you've only been here for a very short time.. You have no idea how many bullshit incidents we've had on FST over the years, and we've managed fine dealing with it. We do not need any "invite only" section on the site, it's pointless, and would not serve any interests apart from those wanting to feel l33t for being in the closed FST community.

@sina - That's the point of having n00bs wait 30 days to get in to the invites section... :blink:

JUSTAGUY
11-23-2007, 08:34 PM
atleast it would make more sense to make the bt invites section here invite only, but not the whole forum

BT invitations forum section should be invite only:01:

tiolewis
11-23-2007, 09:16 PM
I dont know ...

barral01
11-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Never, now is ok.

LoKaLiRi
11-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Never Never

YoYoY
11-23-2007, 09:39 PM
maybe
we have to admit that FST have a lot of cheaters and scammers
if we made it invite only the site would be more safer
but also i think it's too late now to make it invite only.....

Polarbear
11-23-2007, 09:45 PM
maybe

and where do you think people would ask for invites to the invite section?

don't trade and you can't get scammed.

don't invite strangers and nobody will cheat.

Mrststyle
11-23-2007, 09:46 PM
i think anyone should have a chance to be in FST world..that's my opinion ..but lol..admins u cand do everything taht u want to do ..so ;)

YoYoY
11-23-2007, 09:49 PM
maybe

and where do you think people would ask for invites to the invite section?

don't trade and you can't get scammed.

don't invite strangers and nobody will cheat.

yes
i mean there are currently hidden cheaters and scammers here
so cheaters invites cheaters
and scammers invite scammers

Polarbear
11-23-2007, 09:56 PM
i mean there are currently hidden cheaters and scammers here
so cheaters invites cheaters
and scammers invite scammers [/B][/I][/COLOR]

yeah i know. sometimes they just can't help it

they are so attracted to each other :ghey:

:inlove:

carpediemm
11-24-2007, 03:19 PM
I voted no because I want that every man on earth (not some) should get a chance having an account here cause of the nice community we have here:)

PRINCE
11-24-2007, 03:20 PM
i agree with make invites in fst
no any one get this fourm only trusted

Skiz
11-25-2007, 02:57 PM

Making the forum accessable by invite only has nothing to do with trustworthy users. Ask your private tracker staff member of choice for confirmation.

Other than it being a fuckschmuck idea to begin with, users in that section have already shown us first hand that they cannot be trusted with private accounts - they're trading, ffs. :dabs:

Era
11-25-2007, 05:20 PM
No. . . FST one of the only GOOD trading forums, where would you trade for invites? But removing trading might be for the better, making friends and friends of friends they way to trade