PDA

View Full Version : Fun with TorrentFlux

arkiebrian
11-23-2007, 04:39 AM
Well...I've spent much of the day getting my seedbox running the way I want it too and I'm pretty happy I took the time to get TorrentFlux running...awesome php script!

Now - if I can only get VNC Server running right...

:D

Presto
11-23-2007, 04:40 AM
Congrats - great success. Can can I has some leech now?

t0mmy
11-23-2007, 04:42 AM
hehe i also use torrentflux :D its so easy to use :) i was in love the first time i tried it =)

arkiebrian
11-23-2007, 04:52 AM
hehe i also use torrentflux :D its so easy to use :) i was in love the first time i tried it =)

Do you access your desktop remotely? If so - how are you going about it? I assume you're running Linux...

Congrats - great success. Can can I has some leech now?

The whole thing's a bit new to me new but I'm sure in the future I can loan out seed space. I can add user accounts, etc. right to my TF interface...pretty cool.

But, as for now I don't have much hard drive space so I don't have much to share...but that should change.

bigdaddykane
11-23-2007, 05:34 AM
does anyone have a link on how to make a server.i want to use an old computer i have running at 1.2 ghz and 40 gig of hard drive space so i can use torrent flux on it i know i have to install linux operating system just need to know what else to do thank you .

arkiebrian
11-23-2007, 05:48 AM
does anyone have a link on how to make a server.i want to use an old computer i have running at 1.2 ghz and 40 gig of hard drive space so i can use torrent flux on it i know i have to install linux operating system just need to know what else to do thank you .

In order to take advantage of super speed, like 100M up and down, you have to lease a dedicated server unless your on some kind of backbone line where you can get speeds like that. You could run TF on a home-built server, buy a static IP/business internet (about $80 a month here) ...but for that you won't be getting the 100M speeds.

As far as installing Linux goes...it's a hell of a lot easier messing around with at home in front of you then remotely through SSH...:D

Ghost+Rider
11-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Torent flux is teh shit,U can't seed torrents downloded frm one tracker to the other,u Can't RSS feed the torrents,Networking can not be compared to utorrent and is very much unstable while having multiple torrents,U may have frequent problems while downloading from FTP...;)

tiolewis
11-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Im using TF right now , and its not working well ...

I cannot seed anything

t0mmy
11-23-2007, 06:55 AM
it could be the settings on your provider, it works fine for me here, just not bitmetv cause ive got the most recent version of bittornado and they dont allow it ~_~

GoLDeN
11-23-2007, 08:49 AM

I cannot seed anything

same here:cry::cry::cry:

kiosk
11-23-2007, 09:08 AM

I cannot seed anything

you can't seed at any sites or just 1 or 2

Ghost+Rider
11-23-2007, 10:36 AM

I cannot seed anything

Thatz wut i meant to say,Prepaid Torrent flux are not for the purpose of seeding,they are for the purpose of downhloading frm public trackers and then get the stuff into your PC later on cuz downloading frm public sites sux....

U can get more info at webhostingtalk

There are only a few Flux services which intend to make seedbox and the only one i know is JMH,Or u can get flux on any good linux server yourself

All other cheap flux boxes like omh,flux boys,torrentflux-hosting are not for seeding purpose and are cheap as shit

And wut i think is that generl and tiolewis are using prepaid flux accs ;)

LoKaLiRi
11-23-2007, 10:48 AM
TF is so bad for me

cant seed any thing , Leech only :cry:

arkiebrian
11-23-2007, 02:09 PM
u Can't RSS feed the torrents,Networking can not be compared to utorrent and is very much unstable while having multiple torrents,U may have frequent problems while downloading from FTP...;)

Can't RSS? It's built in! I'm not sure what you mean by seeding to other torrents because you can do precisely that. I haven't actually done it yet but when I do I can post back in here how I did it. It doesn't look like a big deal to me.

I cannot seed anything

Did you set it up yourself?

I saw in your sig. that you wanted a seedbox - you know TF is meant for seedboxes/servers, right?

[quote=The Generl;2438989]

Thatz wut i meant to say,Prepaid Torrent flux are not for the purpose of seeding,they are for the purpose of downhloading frm public trackers and then get the stuff into your PC later on cuz downloading frm public sites sux....

U can get more info at webhostingtalk

There are only a few Flux services which intend to make seedbox and the only one i know is JMH,Or u can get flux on any good linux server yourself

All other cheap flux boxes like omh,flux boys,torrentflux-hosting are not for seeding purpose and are cheap as shit

And wut i think is that generl and tiolewis are using prepaid flux accs ;)

OK...I'm following you now...:)

Yes...I set up TF on Linux myself - I'm not "renting" the service prepaid or anything. It's a free download since PHP is open source and all. The toughest part was a little debugging I had to do with blank spaces not being where they're supposed to be but I did manage to do the whole thing over SSH.