PDA

View Full Version : Peace In The Middle East?

brynasmith
07-21-2003, 07:33 AM
do you think the road map is going to work in Israel???
I'm not so sure. Whats you opinion?

thewizeard
07-21-2003, 08:00 AM
All maps are made for travelers who want to go somewhere. The chances are that both sides have a different map and want to go to different destinations.

ilw
07-21-2003, 08:03 AM
wow thats deep
*sarcasm* :P

But seriously I can't see it working out, one of the extremist groups will eventually do something to disrupt it, I'm fairly sure they'll never accept any kind of Israeli state.

J'Pol
07-21-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by ilw@21 July 2003 - 09:03

But seriously I can't see it working out, one of the extremist groups will eventually do something to disrupt it, I'm fairly sure they'll never accept any kind of Israeli state.
The implication from your post is that only the Palestinians have extremists, or are likely to disrupt the peace process.

Is this how you really feel ?

ilw
07-21-2003, 11:16 AM
No, but from what i've seen (almost certainly biased) it seems like it is mainly the palestinians who are so strongly divided into factions and these extremist factions seem to operate a lot more independently of the Palestinian government than Israeli groups do from their government . Overall i do feel it is more likely that the Palestinian groups will disrupt this current peace process (by disrupt i mean by terrorist means, not through political reshaping).

brynasmith
07-21-2003, 05:39 PM
I agree with you the palastinians will object and they will show that by doing more terror attacks.
There are also Israelies that will object but they will show it in a diffrent way: protests ect. or they will just have elections again, thats what they do in Israel, people don't like what the goverment is doing so we have ellections about ever year. It's crazy.

Rat Faced
07-21-2003, 08:36 PM
Although i agree that Hamas is the most likely to disrupt this "roadmap", as its an extremist religious organisation, not a nationalist one...

I also feel the need to point out it was the Israeli's that ripped up the last peace agreement and started the current round of troubles of (and making Hamas as "popular" as it is today by doing so)

brynasmith
07-22-2003, 05:59 AM
what did the isarelies do to ruin the peace?? I live in Israel and it seams to me that it's the palestinains who are ruining the "peace" that was before (not that there was any peace to begin with)

thewizeard
07-22-2003, 01:26 PM
No offence, but that's exactly what the Palestinians believe about Israelis.

echidna
07-22-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by brynasmith@22 July 2003 - 15:59

what did the isarelies do to ruin the peace??
brynasmith, if you can't see how helicopter gun-ship attacks and tanks, APCs and armoured bulldozers ruin peace then you are very blind
it wasn't a palestinian who murdered prime minister Yitzhak Rabin, it was a jewish israeli
since israel birthed itself through war and occupation it has no peace to return to, it is a creature of war
the very election of sharon as prime minister was an extremely damaging event to relations with the palestinians [a man of peace my ass, the only peace sharon has brought is the peace of the dead] the continual expansion of illegal settlements continues along with the water theft and road building

maybe the information you have been exposed to in israel is no good, try reading;
israel.indymedia (http://indymedia.org.il/imc/webcast/) & palestine.indymedia (http://jerusalem.indymedia.org/)

i think that the map having been authored by the USA will make palestinians not trust it and make israel feel it doesn't need to comply

this is not the sort of fence to build if you want to have good relations with your neighbours http://www.4blacksheep.com/photos/separation_wall/images/DSC03087.JPG

brynasmith
07-22-2003, 08:54 PM
for your information, this problem did not start when prime minister Rabin was killed it started way before, I'd say since Israel has become a state, even before prime minister Rabbin was killed there were bombings and other terrorist attacks. and that is what the palestinians started.
I'm not trying to say that EVRYTHING the israelie's do have been good.and I am for surlly not saying that Sharon is the guys we need, but is there anyone else? who would you vote for?? there is no one normall in our gorverment.
Both Israel and the palestinians are making MANY mistakes (even though there are some few things they can do right, I'm just not sure what they are)
But the road map is not going to help solve those problems! the attacks will continue. And I don't know if there is anything that WILL help.

lynx
07-22-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by brynasmith@22 July 2003 - 06:59
what did the isarelies do to ruin the peace?? I live in Israel and it seams to me that it's the palestinains who are ruining the "peace" that was before (not that there was any peace to begin with)
Do I smell a rat ?

You say you live in Israel, yet you cannot spell Israeli, or Palestinian ?
Your timezone is not the board default, but it is also not that of Israel.

Please explain yourself.

echidna
07-23-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by brynasmith@23 July 2003 - 06:54
for your information, this problem did not start when prime minister Rabin was killed it started way before, I'd say since Israel has become a state, ... And I don't know if there is anything that WILL help.
you had asked what israelis had done to ruin the peace process

i answered you
if you want to live in some fools paradise of blind ignorance, only blaming 'the other' for the troubles :: go ahead
but it won't help anyone
it takes two to tango
there isn't a situation of terrorist trouble between the chinese and the tibetans to a great degree because the dalai lama will not enter into conflict
the murder of rabin is just one incident in a long history of mistakes, it didn't begin the trouble, but it sure didn't go anyway to stop them either

israel under rabin had a powerful leader seeking to find a solution to the troubles, and he was killed by his own, for me it serves as a prime example of how israelis have contributed to the continuance of the violence

if you don't like the answer to the question, why ask it?

kAb
07-23-2003, 03:48 AM
i think, if bush was to have nothing to do with it, that everything would work out ;)

he seems to ruin things...

thewizeard
07-23-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by echidna@23 July 2003 - 03:35

there isn't a situation of terrorist trouble between the chinese and the tibetans to a great degree because the dalai lama will not enter into conflict

Not only the Dalai Lama, but the Tibetan folk are Budhhistic. Now that would be the solution for the problems in the Middle east and for the world in general. Only problem is how to convince the combatents?

Israelis would no longer have a God that had given them "the promised land." The Palestinians (Islam) would have nowhere to spread their religion to.

I think we better leave it as it is, without the violence.

Neil__
07-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by nigel123@23 July 2003 - 06:11
Israelis would no longer have a God that had given them "the promised land.

Israel says that Palestine was given to them by God and the proof is in the bible.

Well I think that contract is nothing but hearsay and is invalid as it isn't signed.

Neil

tralalala
08-04-2003, 03:04 PM
ther wil have to be peace soon cos otherwise, the US will not contact israel or palestine.
plus, if there wont be peace, ill have to go to the army... :ph34r:

tralalala

j2k4
08-13-2003, 01:53 PM
Looking kind of grim at the moment.

Al Aqsa and Hamas, as usual. <_<