PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear ?

Saroman
11-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey guys,

I am sure there are lots of Top Gear fans out here

I havent followed it much but recently watch an ep so what i wanted to ask was, Is it worth getting episodes of all previous 9 seasons ? i.e the previous ones must be outdated na so not much use or it'll be worth it ?

Thanx :)

sleepyy
11-25-2007, 11:58 PM
If your a fan then yes i have most of the specials but i don't collect the series i download them if i miss it on tv it's going to be hard to find the whole lot unless you could point me in the right direction as i have never thought of downloading all 10 complete series

AmpeD
11-26-2007, 02:08 AM
dont do it. I thought 24 was the greatest show ever and d/l'ed all 5 seasons. watched the first season before I realised it was the same thing over and over. didnt watch the other 4 seasons, and wasted 30 gb of buffer

atleast get the seasons 1 at a time, u might get bored of it

Saroman
11-26-2007, 08:03 AM
lol...:P

Although i loved 24... Every season except 6th :P

But Top Gear is diff thing.. Well i wont say i am car fanatic.. But yeah i do have interest.. and i wont mind learning a few things as well as enjoy the show ;)

Also i wasnt downloading it... My friend already has it.. Was just wondering if i should make the copy :P

Daniel
11-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Well, I believe you're safe downloading from season 4 or 5 (s4=2004) onwards. It's not like even half of the cars they process in their shows are outdated by now. Many are supercars that will still be important today and don't forget about the 60-90's classics theme they have every now and then either.

The only thing I consciously remember that is most certainly outdated today are market tips for second-hand cars like they had in the first couple of seasons. They had some hilarious stuff in the earlier seasons too, I still remember vividly how they tried to destroy a Toyota pickup truck by putting the car on the top of a large building and blowing said piece of architecture to pieces ;)

By the way, the torrent should be free leech on tv.torrents.ro. I haven't ever downloaded it because this is a show I've been watching for years but considering that each torrent above 10GB in size is FL on their tracker, this pack should be as well.

barakokula
11-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Yep,what he said. :)
This season is probably their best one so far,but the others are also good,you don't get bored watching it.

Barbarossa
11-26-2007, 11:19 AM
dont do it. I thought 24 was the greatest show ever and d/l'ed all 5 seasons. watched the first season before I realised it was the same thing over and over. didnt watch the other 4 seasons, and wasted 30 gb of buffer

atleast get the seasons 1 at a time, u might get bored of it

You're comparing Top Gear to 24 :blink:

And anyway, you're talking complete nonsense :frusty:

Did you fall out of the mental tree and hit every branch on the way down? :blink:

Cheese
11-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Dexter has been very good this season.

QazQaz007
11-28-2007, 11:29 AM
yes do everone of them are great the cars are very different and its just funny to you wont

helsing
11-28-2007, 09:13 PM
As a fan of Top Gear i suggest you have them all :)

Saroman
11-29-2007, 01:19 AM
Yeah i got them all from Season 1 - 9 :P

Will watch 10th one later ;)

OtG
11-30-2007, 03:47 AM
Yes get them all.

Sure some of the car reviews will be outdated... but it's not all about the car reviews. It's all about the beautiful camera work... Jeremy Clarkson's rants about this and that... and the crazy stunts they pull. Like turning a Reliant Robin into a space shuttle and launching it (complete with booster rocket)... that made a pretty big bang when it came down. More recently, trying to cross the english channel in a home made amphibious car... travelling across America with cars that had been graffitied with slogans designed to cause offence (and almost getting beaten up and/or shot in the process).... there are so many brilliant segments on Top Gear, and that's before you even start on the cars, the interviews, the Stig's driving, and every other bloody thing that makes this show awesome.

Seriously - it's all good fun. You don't get bored. Just do it!

Acid_death69
12-02-2007, 03:10 PM
I woulget every single episode if i could:) its just an amazing show and i watch whenever i can:D

*edit*
think the best episode i ever watched was when they all got tractors and that. i wa just laffing through out the whole episode:D

kyrcer
12-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Top gear is great I always watch it. Jeremy rox

Qua
12-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Glad you decide to get them all. TG is one of those things that never gets to old, you can allways laugh at Clarksons coments,enjoy beautifull cars on some great locations, exellent camera work.... And perhaps they are bit outdated but like you care about that when you watching race betwen Ferrari and airplane? Durring wich Clarkson shows why you need ducktape in Ferrari :D

Sanka113
02-21-2009, 02:22 PM
First, thanks for using the search feature. Second, it's unfortunate that the shows future is somewhat in doubt. The show is going as strong as ever. I hope they can get a few more series out of it.

Villalltheway
02-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Also make sure u got the uk top gear not the american edited version.

tesco
02-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Second, it's unfortunate that the shows future is somewhat in doubt.
what?:mellow:

Villalltheway
02-22-2009, 02:09 AM
Second, it's unfortunate that the shows future is somewhat in doubt.
what?:mellow:
lol yea its in no doubt its going strong as ever and should be ack for the second half of the year, even with clarksons silly outbursts.

dorgalam
02-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Top gear's AWESOME.

two_stroke01
02-24-2009, 02:19 PM
need the latest show - Vietnam revisted...can some post please

UnGodly
02-25-2009, 02:19 AM
@OP this show does not date, it is always entertaining even if it was an old one. it's not so much even about the cars now it's just entertainment. And the Vietnam one kicked

Bone.W.Machine
02-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Does anyone know if there are DVDRs of all seasons?