PDA

View Full Version : ex-traders changing name and hiding rep ?

masterbat
11-24-2007, 09:18 PM
what makes them do that ? :O

are they ashamed of their past ? :lol:

Sylar666
11-24-2007, 09:25 PM
I'd say no. But that is my opinion.

LoKaLiRi
11-24-2007, 10:27 PM
they see No-Traders have all so they asked them selves why we dont be No-traders :D

RainRoofer
11-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Ashamed, don't want bad rep on their back...pick your answer.

Peter North
11-25-2007, 12:04 AM
None of does, at least for me.
Dont hide my rep points, but changed nick twice, one because i add some troubles in some other foruns witch im Mod/Admin.
The other because look to me, a to much dark nickname.

t0mmy
11-25-2007, 12:22 AM
why would people hide their rep, mines only from giving away invites? :o thought it would be a good thing to have by my name

mrnobody
11-25-2007, 12:42 AM
what makes them do that ? :O

are they ashamed of their past ? :lol:

for many who do so, yes.

BLaZiN
11-25-2007, 12:44 AM
If u r a scammer lets face it ur gonna do wuteva u can to scam, same for a trader if ur gonna trade ur gonna try do it in a secretive manner - aint no big deal!

celtic
11-25-2007, 12:48 AM
OMG i have REP :-O

DannyGnXz
11-25-2007, 01:03 AM
With all of these bannings going on here & there.... probably they don't want to get caught.

OMG i have REP :-O
Hey Celtic, Can you check your mail over at FT*.... I sent you a note.

masterbat
11-25-2007, 06:53 PM
With all of these bannings going on here & there.... probably they don't want to get caught.

i think there are some trackers that you wont get into no matter how big you trade . maybe they decided to play nice and get those trackers :naughty:

YoYoY
11-25-2007, 06:57 PM
do they really change the name ?!!
this is the first time i know this
anyway , if somebody checked their profiles they will get caught ( i'm ex-trader )
so there's no point of changing the name

DanielleD87
11-25-2007, 07:20 PM
why would someone change their name to hide their rep when there is an option in their user profile to hide their rep?

YoYoY
11-25-2007, 07:28 PM
why would someone change their name to hide their rep when there is an option in their user profile to hide their rep?

no he means change the name AND hide their rep

sense
11-25-2007, 07:29 PM

You can't hide your previous posts and your trading background.

There are a number of people doing this but it will eventually come out making you look like a total ass. :yup: You don't need to create another identity to move away from trading. Alas, it's only about getting into those "top levels" for some and speed is of the essence.

sear
11-25-2007, 07:43 PM
I think the answer would be obvious...they want to hide their past and trick people into thinking they are not a scumbag. It's the same reason a number of people post on here with multiple accounts.

t0mmy
11-25-2007, 07:49 PM
are giveaways considered to be trading..? and here i thought i was doing a good thing helping out fellow members :o

jr56
11-25-2007, 07:55 PM
trick people into thinking they are not a scumbag.

I find the term scumbag to be very harsh, there's many people who don't trade that received their invites from people who do trade. :yup:

Trading is against tracker rules of course but not all traders are bad guys i'm sure of that :yup:

DanielleD87
11-26-2007, 12:11 AM
I think the answer would be obvious...they want to hide their past and trick people into thinking they are not a scumbag. It's the same reason a number of people post on here with multiple accounts.
i didn't realize it is that bad..

anyone here knows who i am. my nick is different on different trackers but people know i'm 'danielle' 'bunny' ..... and others. I tell people the connection if I have to. I have a history and it is better then most staff, so I have nothing to fear. Of course telling people i'm a siteop here and an admin there doesn't really happen for obvious reasons.

Detale
11-26-2007, 02:33 AM
Well I remember when I put mine away, I did it because I felt I didn't need it anymore. I know this may sound odd but There's a passage in the Bible ( of all things ) that comes to mind

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.

5hit thats gonna be me new sig :)

sear
11-26-2007, 02:51 AM
trick people into thinking they are not a scumbag.

I find the term scumbag to be very harsh, there's many people who don't trade that received their invites from people who do trade. :yup:

Trading is against tracker rules of course but not all traders are bad guys i'm sure of that :yup:

that's true it was a bit harsh and no not all traders are bad guys. However I still think people that trade are seriously misguided and the ones that feel the need to create a new persona to hide their past are not to be trusted...scumbags? well I guess that's in the eye of the beholder.

pro267
11-26-2007, 03:00 AM
Yeah, calling them scumbags is a little bit harsh. They are more of idiots with a lacking sense of judgment, especially those who continue doing it after they realize it is forbidden.

jasperr
11-26-2007, 03:23 AM

that's true it was a bit harsh and no not all traders are bad guys. However I still think people that trade are seriously misguided and the ones that feel the need to create a new persona to hide their past are not to be trusted...scumbags? well I guess that's in the eye of the beholder.

as usual, very well said sear ..... theres nothing i can add to this.... :noes:

DanielleD87
11-26-2007, 03:52 AM
Yeah, calling them scumbags is a little bit harsh. They are more of idiots with a lacking sense of judgment, especially those who continue doing it after they realize it is forbidden.
i've never thought about it like that before but it makes sense.

Artemis
11-26-2007, 06:23 AM
The thing I see is that traders treat the whole thing as a game, its like a big monopoly set to them. They don't particularly care that it is against the rules of the trackers they are trying to join, they just want to get the next one then discard it when it becomes old or not as valued because they have climbed further up the ladder according to the trading bible. I always see the same comment "I know it is against the tracker rules but" followed by some lame justification of the reasons for not following the rules. It is quite funny though to see the self same people rend their hair in abject woe when a they get scammed trying to trade one of their trackers or b get caught & or identified as a trader and banned from one or several trackers.
Most trackers want a small community of members, ie people who participate in the forums and irc, a small trusted group, and the most successful trackers are that because they achieve this, so the biggest threat to these communities is having memberships passed around like baseball cards, because they no longer know the members. The rules were made by the people who made these websites so that they could have a userbase of known people a 'trusted' group from their point of view, a group that shares and cares, this is what trading attacks & damages, and you can say but as many times as you like, in the end the people that put in the hard work to make the website and staff it and moderate the forums and irc , are the ones who have the right to say who can & cannot belong to their website. The ultimate thing though is the WIAW thread (the trading bible) is a pyramid, at the top are trackers that cannot be achieved by trading or only very rarely can so the traders reach a plateau and suddenly 'see the light' give up trading and say it is bad......now that they selfishly have everything they can get in a hurry and hope now they are reformed that they will be invited to the closed community sites.

dave12
11-26-2007, 06:35 AM
hmmm let me think no why would they be ashamed of their past never regret whatever u have done ya u may change any time u want but never run from ur past though and u can change ur ways whenever u want.

t0mmy
11-26-2007, 06:47 AM
so poetic dave12 :)

wheeloftime
11-26-2007, 08:02 AM
When I came to this forum I was new to torrents and after reading the torrent info here (wiaw etc) I wanted, like many others, to get the 'best' trackers. It seemed at the time that everyone was trading for them here, which is how I got some of mine.
You live and learn, the longer I spent here the more I learned about the trackers rules and the more friends I made. Eventually I decided I no longer wanted to trade. I don't think I have committed any 'crime' that can't be forgiven - everyone is entitled to make mistakes as long as they learn from them. However to some people here I will always be a 'scumbag' and with that in mind I can fully understand why some ex-traders choose to change their names and hide their reps.

Sylar666
11-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I agree with wheeloftime. However, this whole thread seems pointless to me. Moralizing on this doesn't make any sense. There will always be traders (just like gamblers) who do it for sheer joy. Like gambling. And there always be collectors as well. And there wil be a segment, "The Retired". Who either changed their view on the whole issue and undergone some sort of metamorphosis ("Anti-Trader"), or just set the target properly and achieved their goal. I do not blame traders.

waterloo
11-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Didn't know you could change names. :/

gnlstryker
11-26-2007, 01:07 PM
These so called EX-TRADERS are foolz and scum of BT world ! These losers think they can be something great by changing their past with just a new account and think that they are clean and innocent from raping BT invites all their life's and earn rep points to show there gay power ! lol....

nbo
11-26-2007, 01:30 PM
is it not possible that their trading days are over?
that they started with tl giveaways and worked their way up to uk-t, after 7 months 36 trades, 74 giveaways and 1375 posts they finally got a uk-t account, this made them happy for 2 days but after that they didnt know what to do, since they have the highest level tracker, there was nothing left to trade. so they figure, might as well use it and thats when they realize that is also sux, that it has the worst pre times and bad speeds, but they gave away their ftn for it so now they are screwed. so they decide to trade it foro 2 level 9 but their accout gets disabled, or they get scammed, so now they are left with nothing, back where they started and thats when it hits them, holy shit, what have i gained from all this?? so they go back to using one of the best tracker out there (tl) and they realize trading sux so they decide to become an "anti trader", but how can someone yap all day that hes an anti trader when he has a rep of 100+ with comments like "good trusted trader", must he explain himself to every idiot and other anti trader that call him a fake, that he doesnt trade anymore, ope he hides his rep, still doesnt help so he changes his nick, now he might get all those sites that he wasted so much time and effort on, for free without doing much.
so what should you do, just write below your nick "ex-trader".
-the end.

wheeloftime
11-26-2007, 03:14 PM
These so called EX-TRADERS are foolz and scum of BT world ! These losers think they can be something great by changing their past with just a new account and think that they are clean and innocent from raping BT invites all their life's and earn rep points to show there gay power ! lol....

I forget sometimes that the average age here is so young.

masterbat
11-26-2007, 03:16 PM
that they started with tl giveaways and worked their way up to uk-t, after 7 months 36 trades, 74 giveaways and 1375 posts they finally got a uk-t account, this made them happy for 2 days but after that they didnt know what to do, since they have the highest level tracker, there was nothing left to trade. so they figure, might as well use it and thats when they realize that is also sux, that it has the worst pre times and bad speeds, but they gave away their ftn for it so now they are screwed. so they decide to trade it foro 2 level 9 but their accout gets disabled, or they get scammed, so now they are left with nothing, back where they started and thats when it hits them, holy shit, what have i gained from all this?? so they go back to using one of the best tracker out there (tl) and they realize trading sux so they decide to become an "anti trader", but how can someone yap all day that hes an anti trader when he has a rep of 100+ with comments like "good trusted trader", must he explain himself to every idiot and other anti trader that call him a fake, that he doesnt trade anymore, ope he hides his rep, still doesnt help so he changes his nick, now he might get all those sites that he wasted so much time and effort on, for free without doing much.
-the end.

thats a perfect explanation :lol:

Beenieman
11-26-2007, 03:57 PM
-the end.

+1 :yup:

Thats exactly how I felt once I had everything I needed, infact once I had what I needed I gave most of it away lol.

sear
11-26-2007, 04:21 PM
However, this whole thread seems pointless to me. Moralizing on this doesn't make any sense. There will always be traders (just like gamblers) who do it for sheer joy. Like gambling. And there always be collectors as well.

I agree it is pointless ;)

And...@wheeloftime I wasn't talking about all people that have stopped trading mainly the ones that feel they can change their name run from their past and not make up for their wrongs while at the same time enjoying the fruits of their misdeeds. Trading is only a petty crime but you still need to atone before you can be forgiven.

gnlstryker
11-26-2007, 05:24 PM
I forget sometimes that the average age here is so young.

I forget gay people are everywhere in FST. :lol:

There is no heaven for traders only hell.:(

dawsonkm
11-27-2007, 12:09 AM
I don't know. I don't own a tracker nor am I a staff on one. WFT are you going to do about it. Not something I would lose sleep over