PDA

View Full Version : Are you a collector?

jars
11-25-2007, 01:56 AM
A couple of weeks ago, well, probably around the time that oink went down, I realised I was a collector and an addict. Any new site, I'd grab despite not really needing it. Had about 15 trackers to my name which I bet is nothing compared to a lot around here. My computer spent every second of its life seeding to trackers I didn't need.

Then I thought, screw it, I don't actually need most of these as they're duplicates of ones I already have. Do I really need SCC is I have ScT etc. I then killed my libble, STmusic, funky, TheMuzic, SITR, Chronic, Pussy, MySpleen, REV TT, SCC (because the 1 week log in is BS) amongst a crapload of others. What am I left with? The 2 bits, ScT, TL, BrokenS, waffles, what and Blackcats which I don't use and is probably next to go, although I'll keep it for now because you never know when a tracker like that might come in handy.

Anyway. I thought, that's enough, well of course FtN would complete me but that's unlikely to happen any time soon.

Anyway, are you a collector, or cutting down and concentrating on a few like me?

pandabear
11-25-2007, 01:59 AM
I am sadly in way too many 0day sites atm. I just don't want to delete, becuase i like range to look site to site, when one site doesn't have what you want.

LaPistola
11-25-2007, 02:00 AM
I have about 7 trackers and use 3 RevTT, SCC, TDC

Daniel
11-25-2007, 02:18 AM
A tracker collector? No. I may have joined many more trackers than I really need since I've been a member here at FST but I've let plenty of accounts get pruned because I don't need them.

jars
11-25-2007, 02:24 AM
A tracker collector? No. I may have joined many more trackers than I really need since I've been a member here at FST but I've let plenty of accounts get pruned because I don't need them.Interesting way of putting it. You get them but let them get pruned. I supposed heaps are like that. Bit like saying you collect baseball cards but leave them lying around the house and don't care if mum throws them out. That was the step I was at before being active and pruning them myself.

fsephie
11-25-2007, 02:25 AM
No. I generally have very purpose specific trackers. Blackcats for games, BS for apps, What for music, etc.

Right now I'm just working on the whole 0-day tracker angle.

DannyGnXz
11-25-2007, 02:26 AM
You might be on to something here...

Tracker Collector's Anonymous

My name is DannyGnxz, and I'm an addict

GoLDeN
11-25-2007, 02:33 AM
used to be

t0mmy
11-25-2007, 02:40 AM
i think im a collector, i like the thrill of being apart of many different communities :)

celtic
11-25-2007, 02:42 AM
i think im a collector, i like the thrill of being apart of many different communities :)

Yeah, it makes me feel naughty :D

t0mmy
11-25-2007, 02:47 AM
how naughty :naughty:

LoKaLiRi
11-25-2007, 02:48 AM
NO , Just Looking For Good Communities :P

bornwithnoname
11-25-2007, 03:06 AM
No I was not a collector. I used to use oink for music, demonoid for audio books, and docs.torrents for e-learning. No that my world has been destroyed I am desperately looking for somewhere to get audio books (fiction)

jr56
11-25-2007, 04:25 AM
I fell into the trap once i joined this forum but i have wisened up since. I checked out the "What Trackers are Worth" and "What Trackers Offer" to see what's out there and set myself a goal of only getting the few great trackers and the rest is history.

Papps78
11-25-2007, 04:39 AM
I don't collect, i just join many, and then decide which ones I like best and keep those ..

Grind$oFine
11-25-2007, 05:00 AM
I must admit, I'm a music tracker whore.
And a movie tracker whore.
I guess I collect them in a way.
:blushing:
I love and use them all, though.
So what's wrong with that?

I don't think having a lot of trackers is a bad thing for someone to do,
I think it's bad when you want a tracker and you don't even know the content... :dry:
Or if you want BitMe and you don't give a shit about e-learning... or you want BCG and you don't play games.. or BrokenStones and you don't have a mac... :rolleyes:

fsephie
11-25-2007, 05:04 AM
NO , Just Looking For Good Communities :P

What the BS is this? Do you really think posts like these are going to rock you some high-end trackers? All it means is that you are buying into some meme that pervades this community in the vain attempt to secure a high-level tracker. Thank you for your attempt at being clever, but I'd rather you just post like you have two brain cells that work.

Aaxel21
11-25-2007, 05:29 AM
I use to be. I now have a couple that I use often to meet my needs. Although since Oink went down I need another one to fill my music needs. It suck I can't get a new one yet cause I can't get an invite to a good site.

kooftspc11
11-25-2007, 07:41 AM
it pisses me off that people will take one of the few invites u have just to add another tracker to their collection. i only have 4 trackers and use each of them daily

Stellar
11-25-2007, 07:56 AM
I'm active at more than a few sites at the moment. I try to sign up for sites that are worth my time. Why sign up for something that has nothing of interest to me? I have two main sites that I use for music, Demonoid was my e/n site, a couple of others for movies, etc.

zizo85
11-25-2007, 07:57 AM
maybe i am collector
but try to use all trackers i have

Night0wl
11-25-2007, 08:06 AM
A few months ago I would be a sure thing for Trackers Anonymous, but I am cutting down now. Down to a little over 20, and every time I say this one is going now, something precious pops up only on that tracker. So no, not a collector, but I have a few.

Adman65
11-25-2007, 08:09 AM
I am a collector. I only really collect trance and videos. I have rental pass at hollywood video. Everyday or so, I get 3 new movies, rip and encode them and return. I am an AVID Trance collector.