PDA

View Full Version : HDbits account disabled?

psxcite
11-25-2007, 06:49 AM
I've seen a few of these threads lately, and I guess I can add my name to the list. Just tried to login and my account is disabled. Absolutely no idea why. I don't use a seedbox, nor do I login from various different IPs. Only my home computer - that's it.

Attempted to join the irc channel but the channel key I saved in Mirc preferences has been changed. If anyone has the channel key or the time to assist me, it would be appreciated.

The wierd thing is I'm still seeding so my passkey is obviously still good. :blink:

Edit: Scratch that, stopped the upload and restarted torrent - key failure.

tyler78
11-25-2007, 07:12 AM
Same here.i dont know why im disabled.my ratio was good and i was seeding for weeks.my user name is esamgen.can anyone ask why?

awoeonip
11-25-2007, 07:32 AM
the site is starting to ban users that have been on the site for a long time but have very low download. they figure if you've been on the site for months and download only a few gigs, there's a good chance that someone would rather be using the site than you.

dave12
11-25-2007, 07:39 AM
hmmm inactivity is different but act disabled for not downloading gigs of movies thats weird if its true

Parag0n
11-25-2007, 07:41 AM
Granted I have limited bandwidth and I'm not able to frequently download the often large files, but I did value my account there. How does one get in touch with them?

psxcite
11-25-2007, 08:11 AM
That is exactly why they are disabling accounts. They want active users. My stats reflected very little download but I was uploading. After further research, all of my downloads were freelech so that's why I had no DL stats.

I would advise everyone to READ the rules/FAQ more closely. As long as you maintain a 0.45 ratio, then they won't bother you. But, you MUST have download stats and use the account more frequently. Otherwise look forward to getting your HD content somewhere else.

Polarbear
11-25-2007, 08:48 AM
i wrote in another post that more and more tracker will demand download from the users, not only upload and high buffer.

antonpolaco
11-25-2007, 09:18 AM
anyway if someone still doesn't know the reason of his ban can ask for help the person who invited him
the staff over there accepts explanations if they are reasonable

pandabear
11-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Err my account just got deleted, as i never downloaded much. I never got disabled message.

ejac
11-25-2007, 12:36 PM
arg, same here :(. At least i have one more hd tracker account, but hdbits was better...

erunestian
11-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Yes, my account got disabled too... It's a bit upsetting because for a low ratio you usually get a warning and a week or two to resolve the issue, and here, they just disable you... Can somebody please help me, like talking on IRC for me, I'll PM my username...

melatonin
11-25-2007, 12:44 PM
that sucks, i gotta download more stuff asap

ghostat2005
11-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Me too , My acc has been disabled

krisil
11-25-2007, 12:59 PM
mine too.... i had a ratio of 7 , only that i had downloaded mostly freeleech torrents . they should have at least intimated the users about it before taking such a step....... i did value my account..... :(

melatonin
11-25-2007, 01:00 PM
bye the way guys, what were ur ul and dl numbers as far as you remember ? so we can take precautions ?

erunestian
11-25-2007, 01:13 PM
triple post...:(

erunestian
11-25-2007, 01:19 PM
...triple post...:(

erunestian
11-25-2007, 01:19 PM
I have uploaded ~9GB and downloaded ~1.5GB. I didn't have much space on the HDD lately for HDs... :( However, I would have a download of about 10GB if freeleech was to be counted...

ahmzezo
11-25-2007, 01:20 PM
the same here ,what is going on ? my username is ahmspider

raj3186
11-25-2007, 01:37 PM
same here :(

krisil
11-25-2007, 01:54 PM
if freeleech is added i downloaded about 20 GB and bonus + upload was about 10 GB , i think i was doing well enough . if they wanted more leechers they should have implemented the blackcats plan instead of kicking out honest users....

Polarbear
11-25-2007, 01:56 PM
maybe some people will learn now that it's not all about buffering and high ratios, but using trackers for content/downloading.

erunestian
11-25-2007, 01:56 PM
I don't remember exactly, but I think they had some announcement about implementing the blackcats plan... Am I wrong?

maybe some people will learn now that it's not all about buffering and high ratios, but using trackers for content/downloading.

Maybe, but I was actually downloading, as much as I had space on my HDD. Before the Freeleech I had 3.5GB upload and 1.5GB download, and that buffer, of 2GB, I got it at the last freeleech they had... I don't think that you can call that a high buffer, like the ones that traders make... I don't know, did we actually break any rule? :ermm:

melatonin
11-25-2007, 02:15 PM
yeah i think they gonna change the ratio system soon

ghostat2005
11-25-2007, 02:37 PM
No way to re back our accs :(

Vagaz
11-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Too bad for you then. Should have USED your account, rather than just sit on your ass being useless.

melatonin
11-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Too bad for you then. Should have USED your account, rather than just sit on your ass being useless.

no need to be rude pal... imho everyone can be usefull in different ways on trackers, maybe they were xtremely usefull and helpful people on forums assisting people, hd stuff can be very complicated and confusing lots of times :wacko:

ghostat2005
11-25-2007, 02:48 PM

Sure i use it

erunestian
11-25-2007, 02:58 PM

Like, when you're seeding for other people your useless, yes...:whistling

I don't know, why do you have to have this kind of attitude? How do you know what he did with his account?

KinkyAfro
11-25-2007, 03:14 PM
could someone PM me the IRC pass please.

Parag0n
11-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Too bad for you then. Should have USED your account, rather than just sit on your ass being useless.ironic how your post mentions useless :P

Considering the typical file sizes on HDBits I don't think it was irresponsible of me to try and build a substantial buffer before potentially getting myself into a 20GB hole. That's just good sense and common practice. There may be rules about inactive accounts but my account wasn't inactive. If there was a rule about minimum activity then it is my fault for overlooking it. Can someone please check and confirm. Either way, I received no warning that my account was at risk, my account was just unexpectedly disabled. I have no problem with their (new?) policy, but I think it could have been handled with more communication and courtesy.

I notice that my torrents are still seeding. Perhaps my account is not deleted, just temporarily suspended until the end of freeleech later today?

erunestian
11-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Please, somebody, PM the password too... Thanks! :)

Vagaz
11-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Pardon my french, of course you're useful to the site when you ONLY leech the free stuff.. using your brain isn't illegal, you know.

utear
11-25-2007, 06:06 PM
from their forum: " 1GB must be DL per month (but its cumulative, so 13GB = 13 months saftey"
(topicid=20149)

gameover
11-25-2007, 06:09 PM
give me user account and help you

Parag0n
11-25-2007, 07:14 PM
from their forum: " 1GB must be DL per month (but its cumulative, so 13GB = 13 months saftey"
(topicid=20149)Thanks for researching that utear. I suppose I could surpass that requirement with a little more effort. Now how do I get my account re-enabled?

give me user account and help youIf your offer was directed at me my account name was sharktooth.

kavselj
11-25-2007, 07:27 PM
You can't get your account re-enabled, lol. It was disabled for a reason. Besides they introduced this requirement few months ago, saying that you need to have 1GB per month downloaded, so if you're on site for 12 months, you need at least 12GB downloaded. Your own fault actually if you never read the news/rules/FAQ etc.

jr56
11-25-2007, 07:31 PM

True, too many people collect trackers but hardly download anything off them. At this point in time i'm gonna let my unused accounts expire and concentrate my activity on the few great ones in my collection :yup:

Daniel
11-25-2007, 08:06 PM
One of my invitees got disabled this time ;) Pity for him but it was his own fault as I didn't plan to invite him just so he could idle on the site.

But it looks like I'll have to download more as well because due to the recent changes I got demoted as my download value is too low for UHD.

On another note, I believe trying to get your account back is useless because they already know you're not an active user and rather replace you with a fresh batch of users which there are more than enough of.

Parag0n
11-25-2007, 08:35 PM
You can't get your account re-enabled, lol. It was disabled for a reason. Besides they introduced this requirement few months ago, saying that you need to have 1GB per month downloaded, so if you're on site for 12 months, you need at least 12GB downloaded. Your own fault actually if you never read the news/rules/FAQ etc.Actually there doesn't appear to be anything about this in the FAQ. And the only relevant line in the Rules states "You MUST make use of your account. If you download very little, your account will be disabled." but no mention of any requirements. It then goes on to list, in detail, all the consequences of downloading too much - warnings, demotion, slot reduction, ratio requirement, grace period, etc. - offering offenders many chances to redeem themselves which are not being offered to those who may have downloaded too little.

KinkyAfro
11-25-2007, 08:41 PM
i only had 8gb - 3gb on stats but around 20gb in free leech torrents. not complaining but with a home connection and in only a few months that seems like an ok amount of leeching to me.

susuk
11-25-2007, 08:46 PM
my account disabled too ...

rtz23
11-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I don't understand why free leech torrents do not count in this strange rule. Can someone explain this to me?

I was disabled as well.

kavselj
11-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Because with FL torrents your downloaded data isn't counted. d0h

rtz23
11-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Because with FL torrents your downloaded data isn't counted. d0h
Well, it's still downloaded data, displayed or not. My point is that eventhough you DL free leech you're still active and contributing to the site.

erunestian
11-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Pardon my french, of course you're useful to the site when you ONLY leech the free stuff.. using your brain isn't illegal, you know.

:smoke:

davidw89
11-25-2007, 10:06 PM
worst policy ever
should of at least notified the user

yayyyyyy
11-25-2007, 10:14 PM
omg

/me start downloading some random pr0n to get the ratio low ASAP :|

EDIT: there's still the freeleech running!!! hope they will not extend it again :|

erunestian
11-25-2007, 10:26 PM
This is hilarious... Can't wait the Freeleech to end...:D :D

yayyyyyy
11-25-2007, 10:29 PM
This is hilarious... Can't wait the Freeleech to end...:D :D

not very hilarious...

FREELEECH: 30 mins left

30mins... and i'll start getting some new pr0n :frusty:

tiger6969
11-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Hi all,

I understand the principle of being disabled for low usage, but my account was 420Gb uploaded and 400Gb downloaded over the last 2 years, and I have also been disabled, if anyone is able to forward this on to Hdbits admin, as I believe my account has been disabled in error, username is tiger6969, any members reading this can check my stats under users.php data, would be really appreciated, I do not have the irc channel, as I never had need to use it before.

Thanks in advance,

tiger6969

yayyyyyy
11-25-2007, 11:15 PM
ouch :|

just saw your profile... you ratio was: Share ratio1.061

simply perfect...

wtf :S

and what is:
Last checked 2007-11-25 16:01:11 (8 hours ago)

in the profile page?

tiger6969
11-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Hi yayyyyyy,

I had another person check it for me last night, but still no answers, I am still seeding four files as we speak, if you could forward this on to an admin would be great, as it seems unfair that I have been disabled when i was doing everything right :(

tiger6969

ouch :|

just saw your profile... you ratio was: Share ratio1.061

simply perfect...

wtf :S

and what is:
Last checked 2007-11-25 16:01:11 (8 hours ago)

in the profile page?

mavenfool
11-26-2007, 01:54 AM
nopants

messi30
11-26-2007, 05:14 AM
my account is disabled too
For three days with the account ratio above 1
Could someone help me?

krisil
11-26-2007, 07:28 AM
it seems that they have acted in a random and arbitrary way , truly sad .

11-26-2007, 10:23 AM
My account was also disabled, to be honest I thought it had been hyjacked or something, couldnt understand the ban because I had an excellent ratio and had downloaded loads!

My username on there was MrCheese

So, does anyone have a contact email for them?

erunestian
11-26-2007, 11:08 AM
I don't think they can be contacted via e-mail... My inviter talked with them on IRC and they didn't want to reactivate my account... I had an ratio of over 1... They don't care, they want leechers, I see... :D

rtz23
11-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Not a very smart move by HDBits! Anyone got an official statement about it? I really want to see how they justify this.

davidw89
11-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Is this a permanent ban or what? And here i am thinking about joining the site and keeping a good ratio

erunestian
11-26-2007, 03:03 PM
In my opinion, too, it's a really stupid move. Instead of doing things like this they could have tried firstly the BlackCats plan, or they should have told everybody that they want us to download more. They just disabled all the accounts of those with low download. Like I said before, I find it interesting that when you have a low ratio you get a warning and time to do something about it, but in this case they disable all these account like their owners would be the worst people around... We were careful not to have a low ratio and uploaded a lot so that we would never get under 1.0 and that's a problem.

However, I already have an invite for HDBits... So, I don't really care about their crap ideas...

dashboardy
11-26-2007, 05:41 PM
damn it my acct got disabled too. a shame cause ilove HD stuff :(
woulda liked a warning for it...

Sighfried
11-26-2007, 07:02 PM
My account got disabled.

barakokula
11-26-2007, 07:04 PM
your account is parked. hihi :D

Parag0n
11-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Is this being discussed on the HDBits forums? Has an admin explained why the members who only give are treated with less courtesy than the members who only take?

-

barakokula
11-26-2007, 07:38 PM
I think the members who only take get banned. ;) And the users who only collect trackers so they can have them, should be banned. If you don't use it,lose it. I hope more trackers will follow this example.

Parag0n
11-26-2007, 08:06 PM
I think the members who only take get banned. ...after being given a warning and a week to redeem themselves.

susuk
11-26-2007, 08:18 PM
I think the members who only take get banned. ...after being given a warning and a week to redeem themselves.

it's not a fair treatment to me :angry:

barakokula
11-26-2007, 08:26 PM
I think the members who only take get banned. ...after being given a warning and a week to redeem themselves.So,if they manage to redeem themselves,they can continue to USE the account.

With a warning,you lot would only download the needed amount and wait for the next warning message.

Parag0n
11-26-2007, 08:48 PM
With a warning,you lot would only download the needed amount and wait for the next warning message.Since you're psychic I probably don't need to tell you what I think of your opinion.

barakokula
11-26-2007, 09:00 PM
I really don't care about your opinion. ;) So,pls tell me how were you using hdbits when you couldn't find 1gb a month to download from site dedicated to downloading stuff? That's one episode of herose/pb/whatever...1 episode per month. And now you're bitchin. :rolleyes:

erunestian
11-26-2007, 09:02 PM
I think the members who only take get banned. ;) And the users who only collect trackers so they can have them, should be banned. If you don't use it,lose it. I hope more trackers will follow this example.

I didn't collect that tracker, I just uploaded too much...

And please tell me, what harm those who seed a lot do to the trackers? And even if they really are collectors but do seed a lot, aren't they helpful?

So,pls tell me how were you using hdbits when you couldn't find 1gb a month to download from site dedicated to downloading stuff?

Was that 1GB download/month even a rule? Or they are introducing it after they disable lots of accounts...

zorozilka
11-26-2007, 09:12 PM
torrent sites are meant to download from not keep warm...
if you dont use 'em - close 'em , so other people will enjoy it.
there is no use the site nor members having inactive members.
as active members help active members holding their ratios,downloads and content

KinkyAfro
11-26-2007, 10:35 PM
haha, how many people we have here with such high ethics.........

the fact people are bitching at is they offer lots of freeleech torrents but it's not counted as activity, not that they never used the account and got banned.

so get off your high horse and read topics fully before posting.

barakokula
11-26-2007, 11:09 PM
I didn't collect that tracker, I just uploaded too much...

And please tell me, what harm those who seed a lot do to the trackers? And even if they really are collectors but do seed a lot, aren't they helpful?Bcs they take someone's place there. Someone who is legitametly interested in what a tracker has to offer,but can't get in.
We are talking about specialized tracker,not a general,people are(should be) there bcs they are interestest in hd.

Why are you there,spending money and time,building a buffer you'll never use? It could be that you are a giving philantropic person who likes to help out a fella torrenter to download faster,or it could be bcs you want to have invites/acc for trade,a hdbits power user in your sig,an access to some l33t forum ,whatever. IMHO,that's not a reason to be a part of a group that share the same specific interest,in both cases.
If you want to help out and seed,try piratebay-god knows they need it. :)

Was that 1GB download/month even a rule? Or they are introducing it after they disable lots of accounts...Does it really matter? I mean,it's obvious you couldn't care less about hd if you can't find a gb worth of stuff to download in one month. A gb is nothing in hd terms.

haha, how many people we have here with such high ethics.........

the fact people are bitching at is they offer lots of freeleech torrents but it's not counted as activity, not that they never used the account and got banned.

so get off your high horse and read topics fully before posting.
And your taste in movies/series is ALWAYS the same as a freelech section?

Tarniz
11-26-2007, 11:17 PM
I just feel its a pitty. My account just been disabled. And i almost had that sweet +10GB bonus which would mean that i could download the HDDVDs ive wanted for a long time... but hey, now's my acc disabled.

I think rule at HDbits is fair. But it is not fair to ban people without warning them first.

Daniel
11-26-2007, 11:39 PM
So,pls tell me how were you using hdbits when you couldn't find 1gb a month to download from site dedicated to downloading stuff?
Was that 1GB download/month even a rule? Or they are introducing it after they disable lots of accounts...
Yes this was a rule. Some months back it may even have been mentioned in a news entry, at least it ws discussed widely in their forums. They've been using that criteria on inactive users for some time and it's certainly nothing new.

One thing noone of you seems to understand. You weren't banned from the tracker if you were too inactive but your account merely got disabled to allow other people to use the tracker. This only makes sense on a tracker that is constantly living at the user limit. So, while you shouldn't expect a reactivation of your account, signing up with a new invite shouldn't be a problem.

KinkyAfro
11-27-2007, 01:34 AM
@ barakokula (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/barakokula-181148), i had over 30gbs downloaded in around 3 months and yeah nearly all of it was on the free leech's or free leech torrents. i would have happily ruined my ratio on non free torrents if i knew how it worked but i wasted my time trying make a buffer so i could get some of the bigger downloads on the site without ruining a ratio, silly me.

Icetoad
11-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I too was also building a ratio so that I would be able to get some of the larger sized torrents. Its hard to go about grabbing full uncompressed HD movies without at least 20gb of upload built up.

Is there anyone who could PM me the pass for the irc channel?

My user name was also Icetoad if that helps.

Why is it that my passkey still works if my account is disabled? They want me to keep uploading even though I can't download? heh

tealc
03-04-2008, 05:16 PM
hi there,

i'm an HDBits user for ~1 year.

my account has just been disabled today !!

are there people from HDBits here ?
in fact, i would just find someone who can explain me the reason why it's been disabled ?!

L: tealc ;)

i love this tracker/site/forum...
my ratio was around 0.88, DL/UP around 300GB.
& active almost every day.

can someone help me on this please ?
i would really appreciate an explanation and/or a re-activation :(

thx a LOT :(

danaren
03-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Hi, now i´m also part of the group which have gotten their accounts disabled..

I had an 3tb upload and 1,5tb download... which means over 2,0 in ratio..
I use hdbits every day, downloading aproxematly 20-30gb/week ...

i´ve also tried to contact admins through friends, and the irc-channel.. but i get no answer!!!

any1 who knows ? i have a feeling that my account got hijacked maybe.. but i don´t know..

my username on hdbits is danaren ..

thankful for help!!!

KennyX
03-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Add me to the list.

185gb uploaded, 200gb downloaded. Seeding 35 torrents.

edit: I did just get a seedbox so that is probably why.

Annoyed
03-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Yeah, fuck this site. I'm thinking about just giving my account away. But I don't want to hurt the guy that invited me because the person I gave the account to is a douche and cheats or something like that.

I really don't want to be part of a site that bans you if you don't download enough. Some weeks there just isn't shit that you want. So you're suppose to just download useless crap just to keep your account? That's lame.