PDA

View Full Version : x264 reasons

maddoxro
11-25-2007, 02:23 PM
i am thinking...what's the problem with x264 staff...? yesterday i was invited there by some nice member of this community.soon after i downloaded a torrent from there with size something about 12 gb..and after 2 hours i was seeding...and..just to find out today that my account was disabled...for simply NO REASON..
and here's my question..they done that because i'm a member and active user here ?(i saw some members complaining about this.),if so..that's just rude :angry:
if not..can someone give me they're irc channel address,so that i can ask them.. ?

Polarbear
11-25-2007, 02:29 PM
if you use the same username here, it might be the reason for your ban.

afaik x264 disables users for membership at fst (which is absolutely spastic)

titofat
11-25-2007, 02:43 PM
yes they disabled all people giveaway x264 invites in fst

maddoxro
11-25-2007, 02:49 PM
how rude :mellow:
:fst:

LoKaLiRi
11-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Giveaway invites make u disable :(

maddoxro
11-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Giveaway invites make u disable :(
what do you say...that x264 invites are for trade :blink: ?

Prilost
11-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah, Giweavay invites and my account was disabled.:angry:

Mrststyle
11-25-2007, 04:27 PM
i lost my account too:(

Era
11-25-2007, 05:11 PM
It might be that, or they thought you were a leech becuase 12gb isnt exactly a good choice of a first file downloaded, prolly will get you on the top 10 biggest leechers.

kaffeine
11-25-2007, 05:49 PM
As Polarbear says, do some research and you'll see that for x264 staff, being a member at FST is a bannable offense

maddoxro
11-25-2007, 06:29 PM
well..on my bandwidth that's not a problem,in more\less that 2 hours..my ratio would have been 1 +.
But..that torrent was Free :)..so.wasn't ratio problem.
Anyway..i will not request another invite to this site..and not even signup if it's free signup

YoYoY
11-25-2007, 06:32 PM
yes they disable the account without a reason

pullablank
11-26-2007, 01:39 AM

Papps78
11-26-2007, 03:01 AM
Same thing happenned to me.. got an invite here and a couple of hours later I was banned ..

Cheffy
11-26-2007, 05:35 AM
I can understand them banning people that just got a invite form a giveaway or a request.
Since you basically dont know the inviter.

But just being an member here is a bankable offense is beyond sick.
There are much more to this place than trading invites.

And what weird is that they need spots like this when they open to spread the word about the tracker. If there is one thing a tracker needs it members. Without it its never going to make it.

PRINCE
11-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah, Giweavay invites and my account was disabled.:angry:
also i get ban bec that:angry:
giveaway this site very bad
thanks x264 staff

Night0wl
11-26-2007, 02:00 PM
I was an active member for several months before them banning me for being a member here. Their staff sucks. I was even told that I would get a new invite if I stopped being a member here.

carpediemm
11-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Are you banned because you have the same username here and on the tracker or because they check your ip?

maddoxro
11-26-2007, 02:26 PM
maybe their staff is banned here :lol:,and they are offering bonus to those who give them users invited from here :ermm:

Night0wl
11-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Are you banned because you have the same username here and on the tracker or because they check your ip?

I used the same username as here minus the underscore (I don't usually do that). Reason: Member of trading forum

They didn't give a shit about me never having traded a single invite or account. Just being a member here was enough. So I say screw them. Lots of other better places.

Grind$oFine
11-26-2007, 04:42 PM
I can't say that all of the reasons people have been banned are justified,
but if you got banned for getting your invite here, you shouldn't be mad at x264,
because if your inviter paid attention to the rules or read in the forums, they would know not to even try giving away invites, because this would happen...
x264 has stated very clearly that they check up on FST and they do this to who they catch.
I understand that people are being generous, but if you're gonna give out invites you should know what the penalties are gonna be.
In fact, I believe that you can do giveaways with invites, just not in PUBLIC forums... like FST...

Night0wl
11-27-2007, 01:40 AM
Since I wasn't a member, I had no idea they didn't allow me getting an invite here. I was a good member there for about 6 months. Seeded everything I got from there for long times and had a good ratio like everywhere else I am a member.

Also I could have gotten invited from elsewhere no problem, but as I didn't see a problem they sure as hell shouldn't blame me for getting it here. I spent an hour talking to that powerwhore of an admin they have there on IRC before giving up.

Well it's their loss..

carpediemm
11-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Since I wasn't a member, I had no idea they didn't allow me getting an invite here. I was a good member there for about 6 months. Seeded everything I got from there for long times and had a good ratio like everywhere else I am a member.

Also I could have gotten invited from elsewhere no problem, but as I didn't see a problem they sure as hell shouldn't blame me for getting it here. I spent an hour talking to that powerwhore of an admin they have there on IRC before giving up.

Well it's their loss..

But if I make a giveaway. Do they ban me if I have the say username? Or are they admins here so they can see our ip and ban us that way?

Night0wl
11-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I would say that username and timing are the main reasons, but I have heard there are ways to get a persons IP just by sending them a PM with some attachment. But why do a public giveaway and risk your account?

Daniel
11-27-2007, 08:29 PM
If you guys are still interested in joining that tracker you should read the invites-thread over at scenehd.org *hinthint* ;)