PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Data From Windows Seedbox TO PC

willsmith099
11-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi all
I am a seedbox noob
I need some help
I want to know how to transfer a file from windows seedbox to PC
I have heard that i have to setup a FTP but i don't know how to do that at all :unsure::unsure:

Also is it possible to transfer data from Seedbox to PC very fast cuz i am on a slow connection so my download speed is also slow :frusty:

t0mmy
11-26-2007, 01:17 PM
i can recommend you a ftp program, filezilla, even i knew how to use it, and im noob :)

Bad Blue Boy
11-26-2007, 01:17 PM
you should use winscp or cuteftp there are the best!!!
you just enter your seedbox info and your good to go if you have some more question just ask

DannyGnXz
11-26-2007, 01:29 PM
I have been using FlashFXP. Bottom line, use the program which you can get most comfortable with. As far as download speed from your seedbox to your PC, you can only go as fast as your download speed from your ISP allows.

willsmith099
11-26-2007, 01:29 PM
you should use winscp or cuteftp there are the best!!!
you just enter your seedbox info and your good to go if you have some more question just ask

Thanx both for the help
I will download CuteFTP on my PC then download stuff from seedbox...
When i will download the stuff will it download at my isp's speed cuz my downloading speed is 70 Kb/s :ermm:
Is there a way to quickly grab files from seedbox to PC :mellow:

thechile
11-26-2007, 02:45 PM
in windows, when you RDP to the remote server you can get it to map your local drives within the remote RDP session. So technically when you open your seedbox 'my computer' you should see your local drives and you can just drag and drop.

Fibre
11-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Client = FlashFXP
Server = Serv-U

melatonin
11-26-2007, 03:18 PM
flashfxp recommended...

Parag0n
11-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Don't use your seedbox to download the torrents you want. Use your home machine for that. Keep the seedbox only for ratio-building torrents. Don't waste potential seeding bandwidth transferring files home.

CrabShack
11-26-2007, 04:26 PM
FlashFXP

prescript
11-26-2007, 04:39 PM
FlashFXP

scene edition

Artemis
11-26-2007, 08:53 PM
It is all very well having your choice of the above listed ftp clients (everyone has their own favorite) , but you are going to connect to exactly zero if you do not install an ftp server on the seedbox, if you want something quick there is already an ftp server by default in IIS on your server or you can install a third party ftp server like Serv U as someone mentioned , Filezilla server or my personal favorite Bulletproof FTP server.

dawsonkm
11-26-2007, 11:59 PM
Don't use your seedbox to download the torrents you want. Use your home machine for that. Keep the seedbox only for ratio-building torrents. Don't waste potential seeding bandwidth transferring files home.

I agree with paragon. Seed boxes are for seeding. Why waste the bandwidth on downloading

Fibre
11-27-2007, 01:17 AM

If he downloads using his home computer, it will take him longer to seed and will tie up his connection. He probably won't achieve a high ratio on any torrent either.

It's hardly going to waste potential seedbox bandwidth. If he had a fast home connection he probably wouldn't have a seedbox in the first place.

OmaRin0
11-27-2007, 10:30 AM
i'm using BulletProof to make the server in the seedbox, and i download to my pc through download accelerator plus, always max out my dl speed...

t0mmy
11-27-2007, 10:40 AM
yeah i just leech the torrents i want onto my box, then leech it onto my computer :)

Sylar666
11-27-2007, 11:40 AM
TotalCommander is satisfactory for me...Easy to use, reliable, fast.