PDA

View Full Version : The "LvL 10's"

jasperr
11-26-2007, 05:27 PM
hey all,

i was just thinking to myself about whether or not i really wanted to try to become a member of either of the so called "lVl 10" trackers. Besides the rarity of invites(which is basicly none at all) what makes them so special?? so, i was curious to see if any members of such sites would be willing to share some insight on this... either by pm or in this thread..

one of them i know i would really like to have(but would like to know more about it)... the other one well, i'm not sure of.. (and yes, i know there are 3 of'em.. but the third ones content doesnt interest me much..

many might see this thread as an attempt to get an invite to one.. but, no it's not. i would really like to know if they are for me. thats all.... Then, there are those that are gonna say this thread is pointless spam... well, maybe it is.. but not to me as its for my benefit only... maybe someone else can get some usefull info from it.. IF its a productive thread..??

the things i'm intrested in are not so much tracker related... but, community wise an such.. In these days most everyone in the BT world are wanting trackers for no real reason other that there is some type of value on'em.. the only value i see is the value of the communities, thats about it..

so, if anyone that has valueble info on these sites feel free to post or pm me..

:cool:

Skiz
11-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Other than what's in the reviews and this (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-what-trackers-offer-content-speed-pre-time-etc-235742) thread, what else is there to know?

Something Else
11-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Don't bother, it will only make you look silly, like now :)

LoKaLiRi
11-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Other than what's in the reviews and this (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-what-trackers-offer-content-speed-pre-time-etc-235742) thread, what else is there to know?

thnx Skizo :cool:

masterbat
11-26-2007, 05:56 PM
hey all,

. Besides the rarity of invites(which is basicly none at all) what makes them so special??
:cool:

:mellow: nothing .

mikolan
11-26-2007, 06:10 PM
From what I understand most of them have a really solid community, other than that they don't differ much from most other trackers in the same niché. Maybe a little more material, slightly faster pretimes etc.

I don't understand why some people get so worked up over FTN, UK-T, FTWR and the likes. I'm content where I am right now.

masterbat
11-26-2007, 06:26 PM
From what I understand most of them have a really solid community,

yes,like dead solid :mellow:

if it wasnt for the rarity we wouldnt even be talking about those trackers in fst

I don't understand why some people get so worked up over FTN, UK-T, FTWR and the likes

dont include FTN in that shitlist ;)

FTN is a great tracker

jasperr
11-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Other than what's in the reviews and this (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t-what-trackers-offer-content-speed-pre-time-etc-235742) thread, what else is there to know?

thanks... i've done searches on the site previously on these.. but no results, i dunno why..... i have managed to find a couple posts reguarding these sites.. i just have to read up on'em now since i have'em bookmarked.. i don't know why but many of my searches here have no results.. ?? but anywho..

and @benchez... thanks for pointing that out.. and also for being so helpful with this.. and besides... maybe i like looking silly, it passes the time and entertains ppl like you i guess..:pinch:

@mikolan (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/mikolan-122827)
thanks for your input... thats what i'd like to be a part of, solid communities...

@masterbat, i agree with you on ftn... but not quite sure what ya mean about them being "Dead Solid" tho... ??

masterbat
11-26-2007, 07:23 PM
@masterbat, i agree with you on ftn... but not quite sure what ya mean about them being "Dead Solid" tho... ??

inactive :mellow:

DanielleD87
11-26-2007, 07:33 PM
if you want to join a community join a forum not a tracker.

it doesn't even matter because invites are closed. like the last person to get on ex last month for example.

th0r
11-26-2007, 08:01 PM
E*** is level 10 now?

:ermm:

Skiz
11-26-2007, 08:04 PM
E*** is level 10 now?

:ermm:

Was at nine until closing invites completely.

YoYoY
11-26-2007, 08:08 PM
I think the level 10 sites are communities more than torrent sites
i didn't join any of them but i only think

Skiz
11-26-2007, 08:21 PM
That's what you get for thinking.

SiNa
11-26-2007, 09:27 PM
if those sites, forums, or trackers or whatever you call it does not have anything except a few torrents and a small forum, or any other special or good feature about it, then i think they are useless. And it seems that its like this too, so if you ask me dont bother entering those sites.

btw by community i really dont know what makes them better in that. can someone explain?

if its a place where you can get help, then there are so many other places that are specialized in answering any problem you have.
but if its like you request something very rare and you get it within minutes, then i think its definitely worth it

cant think of anything else as i'm tired now, but hopefully someone can explain this

dawsonkm
11-27-2007, 12:06 AM
I agree with sina. Find a tracker you like and stick with it. Find a tracker that has stuff you are interested in. Community is the greater part of what a tracker should be.

pandabear
11-27-2007, 01:55 AM
I have been in a few site etc, and the different in speeds and pre times are not that difference between a site like st or revott and something like ftn or sct, unless you have a 4 or 5MB line, and really need all that speed. And scc offers all that speed.

t0mmy
11-27-2007, 01:57 AM
I have been in a few site etc, and the different in speeds and pre times are not that difference between a site like st or revott and something like ftn or sct, unless you have a 4 or 5MB line, and really need all that speed. And scc offers all that speed.

but no polish users :whistling

jasperr
11-27-2007, 05:08 AM
if those sites, forums, or trackers or whatever you call it does not have anything except a few torrents and a small forum, or any other special or good feature about it, then i think they are useless. And it seems that its like this too, so if you ask me dont bother entering those sites.

btw by community i really dont know what makes them better in that. can someone explain?

if its a place where you can get help, then there are so many other places that are specialized in answering any problem you have.
but if its like you request something very rare and you get it within minutes, then i think its definitely worth it

cant think of anything else as i'm tired now, but hopefully someone can explain this

In my opinion some places including trackers such as fst, sct, ftn and fsc to name a few have many members that are active which means its more than likely your gonna meet some good folks...

pre-times on trackers are highly over rated!... i've seen some debates over seconds... geesh, who really cares in the end anyways.. lol

@DanielleD87 forums are probally best for communities i suppose.. but to be honest i'm not really sure how many of those there actually are.. good ones any way.. i know of only a few right now..

@masterbat - thanks for explaining m8... i dont like inactive places myself

@dawsonkm
yeah, i do have some trackers i really like and am thankfull for being a member on them...

Skiz
11-27-2007, 05:59 AM
I agree with sina. Find a tracker you like and stick with it. Find a tracker that has stuff you are interested in. Community is the greater part of what a tracker should be.

No, no it isn't. A trackers main function should be to track torrents.

smore
11-27-2007, 07:42 AM
jasperr, on my opinion U don't have to be a member of those "lvl 10" -trackers... but it's really just my opinion, i do not know them. what i know is that i am listed on some trackers what are -according to this forum- lvl 2-3-4-6, (BitGate, PREtorians, GigaTorrents, nCore, HDPRE, TVTorrents, BitSoup...) and i am definitely happy with them, both with the content and community.

here i would point that i don't get why is GiGaTorrents just lvl 3 with invites closed...

so, if U want to be part of a good community, pick some of the lower-level trackers, U'll find everything U might need, and don't bother with those "elit"-trackers, i think they are not better than the others, they just pretend to be...

BUT! this is just my opinion... :)