PDA

View Full Version : People Who Don't Share: How To Detect And Stop?

iftheyonlyknew
07-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Guys,

I have just begun using kazaa lite and make sure all my files are shareable nut I read that some people won't allow you to download if you don't share. What my query is about is that sometimes people download stuff from me and their participation is "low(0)". Does this mean they don't share? If so, how do i stop them like everyone else does. Please advise me if I have my info wrong too.

Thanks peeps,

:ph34r:

ck-uk
07-21-2003, 07:42 PM
What my query is about is that sometimes people download stuff from me and their participation is "low(0)". Does this mean they don't share? If so, how do i stop them like everyone else does.

They may have just installed Kazaa.No body else do..theres nothing that can b done except stop being so concerned and forget about it.

Idownloadmusic
07-22-2003, 03:26 AM
I've been wanting to konw this too, because on the Klite options it tells you that people will cancel uploads to those who don't share, so share. Or is that just a bluff?

FreakBoy
07-25-2003, 04:38 AM
Ditto

I can cancel a upload to someone who doesnt share, but it starts back up again. How do you cancel a upload and make it stick? B)

RealitY
07-25-2003, 04:54 AM
You would have to do an IP block and etc...

Though as said earlier...

Forget About It.

balamm
07-25-2003, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by FreakBoy@25 July 2003 - 05:38
Ditto

I can cancel a upload to someone who doesnt share, but it starts back up again. How do you cancel a upload and make it stick? B)
There's an icon on the far right side of the task bar (in most systems) right click on that and select close.

Problem solved.

shn
07-25-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by FreakBoy@24 July 2003 - 22:38
Ditto

http://www.shn.free-host.com/quit_bitchin.gif

Tiffosi2000
07-25-2003, 06:41 AM
u can't tell if someone is sharing or not. As saiod in prev posts, they may just block acess to the list of shared files to stop companies catching them. You might as well leave them on instead of taking all your time blocking them, it doesn't really make that much difference to you anyway!

Adster
07-25-2003, 07:35 AM
There's an icon on the far right side of the task bar (in most systems) right click on that and select close.

Problem solved.

exactly balamm right

who cares get what the hell you want and be happy. Theres better things in life just wasting your time checking if people don't share. If your that serious about it then sit at your computer 24/7 whist useing kazaa and check every user that uploads off you

there is no way to tell

Privacy Patch

Some people don't use the PL cheat

of course some people maybe just starting fresh and are new

spyware
07-25-2003, 07:51 AM
ppl who dont share should die along with the RIAA bitches

FreakBoy
07-25-2003, 07:57 AM
If they die who are we going to make fun of? :D

DasScoot
07-25-2003, 08:00 AM
Personnally I&#39;ve never canceled an upload, everybody leeches sometimes... <_<

Adster
07-25-2003, 08:19 AM
well who cares I prefer to give more then take and just cancelling an upload means your being a leech yourself ;)

N£MO
07-25-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by iftheyonlyknew@21 July 2003 - 20:27
Guys,

I have just begun using kazaa lite and make sure all my files are shareable nut I read that some people won&#39;t allow you to download if you don&#39;t share. What my query is about is that sometimes people download stuff from me and their participation is "low(0)". Does this mean they don&#39;t share? If so, how do i stop them like everyone else does. Please advise me if I have my info wrong too.

Thanks peeps,

:ph34r:
Don&#39;t go down to their level and become a leech yourself.

Just share.

Iridium
07-25-2003, 02:26 PM
From the FAQ

How does the Participation Level work?

Kazaa and Kazaa Lite version 2 have a Participation Level feature.

If you have a high Participation Level, you will get priority over people with a lower Participation Level when you download files. This only applies if you download from someone that also uses v2. If you download from someone with an old version, there will be no difference in priority, it will just be first come first serve.

Facts:

- You can increase your Participation Level by uploading files.
- When you download files, your Participation Level will go down.
- The higher you Participation Level is, the more difficult it is to maintain that value. This means the ratio of bytes uploaded/downloaded must be higher to maintain your level.
- Old versions automaticly get a Participation Level value of Low (0). This value cannot be changed.
- Our K++ Editions will give you the highest possible Participation Level.

HTH

Rat Faced
07-25-2003, 02:53 PM
&#39;0&#39; Participation Level does not mean they are Leechers.

They either have an Older Version of Kazaa/K-lite or a different client program.

You cannot tell who leeches off you and who doesnt (especially with the privacy patch)........so dont worry about it, you&#39;ll get high blood pressure.