PDA

View Full Version : Newzleecher has stopped working - help!

BigH
11-28-2007, 10:42 AM
at home, my Newzleecher/Giganews works just fine, and was the same at work computer

but recently, Newzleecher has stopped working ot work - when I start downloading, the program just freezes

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the program (final & beta versions) - no difference

also tried Grabit and Alt.Binz but couldn't get them to get through the work proxy server

any idea what it could be? (perhaps Giganews doesn't like one account being used on different machines?)

Colt Seevers
11-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Perhaps you IT dept. have decided to shut you down?

BigH
11-28-2007, 03:37 PM
we're only a 7 person business - I think I am the IT dept :)

Colt Seevers
11-28-2007, 03:38 PM
we're only a 7 person business - I think I am the IT dept :)

Fuck knows then. :frusty:

Racket
11-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Can I access my Giganews account from multiple computers/IP addresses at the same time using the same account? (http://www.giganews.com/faq.html#q5.8) Giganews personal accounts are for single customer use only. Your account is restricted to a single computer / IP address at any one time.

I don't know if Giganews locks accounts to one IP for a certain period of time, but I would contact them to see what is up.

ghfdse
11-29-2007, 06:39 AM
Hi

1. you can't use your giga account on more than a machine at the same time - but the only message you'l get will be "error xxx: too many connections at the same time"

2. What do you mean by freeze ? Have you checked your registery (i assume you're using windows) ? If not, use a reg checker to search for errors.

mbucari1
11-29-2007, 08:03 PM
try renaming the appdata folder for newsleecher and starting from scratch. you will have to reset your settings and re-enter your server information, but it might work.

Chewy
11-29-2007, 08:29 PM
What OS is it? Vista or XP?

BigH
11-30-2007, 09:17 AM
XP

thing is now the problem is intermittent

one day fine, next day Newzleecher crashes

can't think it is a Giganews problem - never known them to be down

mbucari1 - sorry for being thick, but what do you mean by application folder - you mean where it downloads the RAR files?

rapidmovies
12-01-2007, 05:15 AM
Try deleting the newsleecher folder in %appdata% then reinstalling

just in run type %appdata%

mbucari1
12-01-2007, 10:50 AM
XP

thing is now the problem is intermittent

one day fine, next day Newzleecher crashes

can't think it is a Giganews problem - never known them to be down

mbucari1 - sorry for being thick, but what do you mean by application folder - you mean where it downloads the RAR files?

Try deleting the newsleecher folder in %appdata% then reinstalling

just in run type %appdata%
that's what I meant ;)