PDA

View Full Version : need some answers from staff?

dave12
11-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Accounts That Are Not To Be Traded

Below lists bt sites which accounts are NOT allowed to be traded.
Note that any invite trades for these is allowed on the site.
Trades that are NOT allowed will be edited or trashed.
Infractions might be given for posting such threads.
Those repeating will be locked from the section.
E**** | FTN | iPlay | iTS | NB | TDC | TL | WB

here is the list of trackers for which accounts are not allowed to be traded but i have seen quite a few guys try to trade then they are told not to do so and may be they get infrac.

Here is the main question , does fst allow the following trackers accounts to be give away and what does those trackers staff think about giveaway of account?

Grind$oFine
11-28-2007, 06:00 PM
I highly doubt it,
mostly because the community reps from those sites are pretty aware of whats going on here.
They'll probably tell you themselves that the account will be banned instantly if you try.

Tokeman
11-28-2007, 06:01 PM
most sites consider an account giveaway a trade. Accounts are for your use, if you don't want them, then delete them. I'm not against giveaways, but this is the answer I've seen from some site admins. However, some sites, like ThS would allow you to give away an invite, in exchange for deleting your account. Just depends on the tracker I suppose.

AugustoP
11-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Much more interesting thing is what FST gets in return for enforcing foreign rules here.

E - invites closed, never seen giveaway here (i'm talking only about giveaways by staff members, not by individual users)
FTN - seen giveaways
iPlay - never seen giveaways and staff here
iTS - dunno wtf is this
NB - 1 or 2 giveaways
TDC - at least 1 big giveaway
TL - registration closed, never seen giveaways
WB - seen a couple of giveaways back then

So at least 4 sites don't give anything in return.

raj3186
11-28-2007, 06:03 PM
need some answers from staff?.......:whistling

Probability
11-28-2007, 06:09 PM
In case you dont know FST mods do not give a shit if trackers do not want their accounts traded.

spark
11-28-2007, 07:08 PM
is the main question , does fst allow the following trackers accounts to be give away and what does those trackers staff think about giveaway of account?

Yes (according to tralalala)

Do not allow it

celtic
11-28-2007, 07:24 PM
most sites consider an account giveaway a trade. Accounts are for your use, if you don't want them, then delete them.

That^^

wildbytes
11-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Well i have done some giveaways here in the past. I have given out about 100 accounts give or take a few. Now the first batch i did 2 were banned in 1 week for trying to trade there accounts, 1 clown even tried to trade it same day. I then did another large give away and at first went good and then all helll broke lose. most built up a buffer waited and thought we would not look at them again and then traded there accounts. about 80% from that giveaway was banned for cheating and or account trading. I did another one and about half still on site.

So out of all the free accounts i have given only about 15% are still members and very active. So based on this why would i waste my time when all these people want to do is stock pile accounts to trade or use untill they get banned from over leeching and hit and running, then get banned and then try and get another account. This happens way to much from people, and is why the invite system is now off to all members.

Wild

SgtMajor
11-28-2007, 07:27 PM

here is the list of trackers for which accounts are not allowed to be traded but i have seen quite a few guys try to trade then they are told not to do so and may be they get infrac.

Here is the main question , does fst allow the following trackers accounts to be give away and what does those trackers staff think about giveaway of account?

That's 2 questions, how can it be the "main question"?

No - FST does not allow giveaways of those accounts, there is no difference in trading or giveaways

And it is against tracker rules to giveaway your account to anyone.

Mayhem
11-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Well i have done some giveaways here in the past. I have given out about 100 accounts give or take a few. Now the first batch i did 2 were banned in 1 week for trying to trade there accounts, 1 clown even tried to trade it same day. I then did another large give away and at first went good and then all helll broke lose. most built up a buffer waited and thought we would not look at them again and then traded there accounts. about 80% from that giveaway was banned for cheating and or account trading. I did another one and about half still on site.

So out of all the free accounts i have given only about 15% are still members and very active. So based on this why would i waste my time when all these people want to do is stock pile accounts to trade or use untill they get banned from over leeching and hit and running, then get banned and then try and get another account. This happens way to much from people, and is why the invite system is now off to all members.

Wild

Well all i can say is good call. I think many trackers should disable invites and have them given out on special occasions or only by user requests.
Maybe even let only the staff invite people.

spark
11-28-2007, 08:10 PM
No - FST does not allow giveaways of those accounts, there is no difference in trading or giveaways

I've been told something different :blink:

SgtMajor
11-28-2007, 08:31 PM

I've been told something different :blink:

If the post is reported, it has to be actioned in accordance with the rules, if it is ignored, then it also gets ignored by the staff.

cyph3r
11-28-2007, 08:43 PM
i know at least one site that wishes to remain private, yet nobody here gives a fuck... the staff at the site even tried to work with the site here, to no avail - even after a big giveaway (after invites were closed)

oh yeah, from what i've heard, more than 75% of the users that got on the site were banned within 2 weeks for trades, cheating etc.

and people here wonder why fst has such a bad reputation!

dave12
11-29-2007, 10:16 AM

i wonder too but i know they fst don't give a damn about is trackers point of view

Skiz
11-29-2007, 11:39 AM

No. The whole point is the account should not change hands.

Invite trades (if available) and giveaways for those trackers are OK.

JA
11-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Much more interesting thing is what FST gets in return for enforcing foreign rules here.

E - invites closed, never seen giveaway here (i'm talking only about giveaways by staff members, not by individual users)
FTN - seen giveaways
iTS - dunno wtf is this
NB - 1 or 2 giveaways

Mhmm, i did a giveaway a while back a month or two, maybe three, in which i combined most of these trackers, and asked staff for invites to giveaway. They gladly accepted. Many of those listed actually participated...

raj3186
11-29-2007, 11:45 AM
+1 , agree

Skiz
11-29-2007, 11:59 AM

FTN - seen giveaways
iTS - dunno wtf is this
NB - 1 or 2 giveaways

Mhmm, i did a giveaway a while back a month or two, maybe three, in which i combined most of these trackers, and asked staff for invites to giveaway. They gladly accepted. Many of those listed actually participated...

You're talking about invites; he's referring to accounts.

Skiz
11-29-2007, 12:28 PM

i wonder too but i know they fst don't give a damn about is trackers point of view

What, in your 3 months of membership makes you believe that you know enough about this forum to make such a statement?

Fact is, for every tracker that has a rule against trading, there is another tracker which is trying to attain popularity, and literally begs us to include them in the WIAW thread and give them Community Rep status. They are attempting to become a successful tracker and want to be known.

Point is, it would be absurd to ban account trading for all trackers when there are numerous trackers which have voiced their opinion that they don't care either way.

In your limited time, I also surmise that you didn't bother to read some of the stickies right here in the section. This sticky (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-commmunity-reps-fst-232869) contains information about the Community Reps, who they are, and what is agreed to upon prior to accepting the status.

Note the following paragraph contained in the Community Rep guidelines regarding account trading:

Account Trading
“Community Reps” that are active on FST and have issue with account trades are asked to post politely in threads that are an issue. Then post a report regarding it. The thread will be trashed or edited and the member will be contacted. We do ask “Community Reps” are active on the site so it’s a joint effort educating members regarding their rules.

“Community Reps” are required to be civil as slamming members simply doesn’t work. They are welcome to PM members nicely regarding their rules. Most will notice the “Community Reps” rank and step in line. We want to work together to sort these issues. There is a list of sites represented by active “Community Reps” on FST against account trading posted in a sticky in the Invites section.

If a tracker doesn't want their accounts traded, all they are required to do is let us know, so we can differentiate those trackers from the others.

Now, fuck off. :)

dave12
11-29-2007, 01:35 PM

What, in your 3 months of membership makes you believe that you know enough about this forum to make such a statement?

Fact is, for every tracker that has a rule against trading, there is another tracker which is trying to attain popularity, and literally begs us to include them in the WIAW thread and give them Community Rep status. They are attempting to become a successful tracker and want to be known.

Point is, it would be absurd to ban account trading for all trackers when there are numerous trackers which have voiced their opinion that they don't care either way.

In your limited time, I also surmise that you didn't bother to read some of the stickies right here in the section. This sticky (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-commmunity-reps-fst-232869) contains information about the Community Reps, who they are, and what is agreed to upon prior to accepting the status.

Note the following paragraph contained in the Community Rep guidelines regarding account trading:

Account Trading
“Community Reps” that are active on FST and have issue with account trades are asked to post politely in threads that are an issue. Then post a report regarding it. The thread will be trashed or edited and the member will be contacted. We do ask “Community Reps” are active on the site so it’s a joint effort educating members regarding their rules.

“Community Reps” are required to be civil as slamming members simply doesn’t work. They are welcome to PM members nicely regarding their rules. Most will notice the “Community Reps” rank and step in line. We want to work together to sort these issues. There is a list of sites represented by active “Community Reps” on FST against account trading posted in a sticky in the Invites section.If a tracker doesn't want their accounts traded, all they are required to do is let us know, so we can differentiate those trackers from the others.

Now, fuck off. :)

my question was, does fst allow the listed account to be giveaway for example can i able to giveaway my tl act with 2 tb e-penis to giveaway thats it.

i know it is not possible to accommodate every trackers views and its not possible to stop act trading for all trackers and those who want to do it they will do it.

but i am not saying about trading, its all about giveaways of accounts.
now fuck off:D

Skiz
11-29-2007, 01:40 PM
my question was, does fst allow the listed account to be giveaway for example can i able to giveaway my tl act with 2 tb e-penis to giveaway thats it.
fuck off:D

Squirming won't get you out of this one.

Your recant is nothing remotely similar to your previous statement.

We can all decipher what you wrote, just fine.