PDA

View Full Version : What Can Be Done With Invites - The Tracker Rules

Grind$oFine
11-28-2007, 06:14 PM
I was looking up this info for my own personal use, and I was surprised by some of my findings. I figured I'd make it look better, make it clear, and share it here, in case anyone cares. ;)

What Are You Allowed To Do With Your Invites?
(According to the tracker's rules.)

**These rules reflect the individual trackers, they have nothing to do with FST's personal invite forum rules. You don't have to follow these rules here, but you may be putting yourself at risk at the tracker.**

For some reason or another (laziness, unable to translate language, never thought about it, etc) people don't know the consequences of giving away or trading invites.

This is a guide that will help you respect a tracker's rules and/or possibly prevent you from being banned/warned. (Depending on which you care about more.) Although, some sites seem to let their rules slide, you still may be caught. These have been taken directly from rules/FAQs/staff.

If you are looking for a specific tracker, please use ctrl+F (cmnd+F on mac) and search for the tracker name (or acronym) :whistling

Can trade or give away invites.
- Invites are given when you see fit.
- In most cases you are still responsible for your invitee and may face consequences if they cheat.

Myspleen
KrayTracker
Goem
Libble
UnderGround Gamer
BitGamer
nCore
CO
KG
TR
TT
elektronik
No trades are allowed, but giveaways are acceptable.
- You are still responsible for who you invite.
- You'll be banned if you invite a cheater.
RevoTT
STMusic
BitSpyder
BTMusic
Waffles
TDC
NB
VIPv2
No giveaways or trades allowed.
- You may lose your invites/get warned. (And maybe banned in extreme/excessive cases)

FS*E
FB
ST
TheBox

Advertising invites in any way will get you banned.
- You must invite someone you know and trust.
FTN
ScT
x264
SCC
iTS
BitMeTV
what.cd
BrokenStones
BitMe
Invites aren't given out to normal users, if given out at all.
- If you're looking here for rules, you probably don't have any invites. :P
Music-Vid
BCG
Thor's

IT
ThePlace
TL
PT
PiSexy
FSC
F***
U*-*
E****
For the n00bs:
[!]I have not seen a site that openly allows account transfers of any kind. If you are caught, you will likely be banned.[!]
[!]NEVER pay anyone for an invite. BUYING and SELLING of invites in not allowed on any sites. (Including FST)[!]

In all cases, no matter what the rules, invite responsibly for the safety of the tracker. Don't be afraid to ask questions before you give an invite. In most cases you are responsible for the person you invite... and you damn well should be...:yup:

Request a site to be added?*
If you are unsure about a certain site, and you want to see it on here, request (post here or PM me) and I will add it to this list:
CZone, LM, TTi

*Please fill requests if you possibly can.

Know a site's stance on invites?
PM me or comment here.
Please include the written proof as told in the sites FAQs/rules/forum/staff note/etc. If it's not in English, please include the foreign and translated text. (I have problems reading anything other than proper English, I barely understand American slang.)

Is a Tracker Misplaced?
You say, "Grind$oFine, YOU WRONG!" and then refer back to "Know a site's stance on invites?"..

:D

popeye09
11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
oooooo,amazing list and work!
thanks Grind$oFine

Dale.Cooper
11-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Good work!

spark
11-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Grind$oFine :wub: :whistling

Defy
11-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Yet another informative list. Cheers! :yup:

nsk
11-28-2007, 06:41 PM
TTi could be added ;) Nice job.

sear
11-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Great job mate looks fantastic and should help some of the noobs. If I could offer one suggestion. You might consider changing the orange colouring to blue or red as it's a bit hard to read. Other than that well done.

whiteyes
11-28-2007, 06:50 PM
nice and useful
this will help me a lot
i bookmark this now and might print it out
good job mate

Mayhem
11-28-2007, 06:52 PM
I just love your informative posts lately, thanks a bunch man and keep them coming.
@ staff:
/me thinks this can be a good Sticky

Allexandar
11-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Nice work and it's usefull!

YoYoY
11-28-2007, 06:56 PM
great job bud
useful thread

PirateEagle
11-28-2007, 07:00 PM
wow great job Grind$oFine this thread should be sticky and this would help some new members :D

tiolewis
11-28-2007, 07:03 PM
wow great job Grind$oFine this thread should be sticky and this would help some new members :D

Yeah, agree

Very good job Grind$oFine , congratulations! :)

Adam1990
11-28-2007, 07:08 PM
TDC is not against giveaways.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-dvd-club-250750

Grind$oFine
11-28-2007, 07:24 PM
TDC is not against giveaways.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-dvd-club-250750

Thank you. ;)

goysalh
11-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Good job my friend.

Shultziboy
11-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Another great thread.

susuk
11-28-2007, 07:33 PM
well done Grind. I agree it should be sticky ...

fazzy07
11-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Good work Grind

But you cant really have a list as trackers keep changing their mind about it
Just depends on what mood the staff are and if you get disabled they'll have 100's of reasons
Just having an acc here at fst is good reason for them
Only few trackers I kno of really understand the users

FileZ
11-28-2007, 07:39 PM
gr8 work m8

very helpfull

Tarniz
11-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Superb list. Thanks. Veeery helpful! :D

FileZ
11-28-2007, 07:45 PM
u can say : u cant get high lvl on FST!! u cant trade on fst !! Search for other forum

deadfull fst :shutup:

PRINCE
11-28-2007, 07:53 PM
i cant say nothing only
God bless you
take from me this rep :)
i wont all traders read this thread good;)

elektROnik
11-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Nice work Grind$oFine !

You can add elektronik to "Can trade or give away invites."

We think that is the users' choice what they do with their accounts/invites.

Grind$oFine
11-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Nice work Grind$oFine !

You can add elektronik to "Can trade or give away invites."

We think that is the users' choice what they do with their accounts/invites.

Thank you. :D

Adama
11-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Nice work

t0mmy
11-28-2007, 10:28 PM
nice work grind, this wouldve taken a while :whistling

ofekmirzai
11-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Great man!

nbo
11-28-2007, 10:36 PM
nice job.
thanks

Polarbear
11-28-2007, 10:36 PM
i asked this before, but the questioned staff member didn't answer me:

what the heck is its?

edit: looked it up my self, lazy bastards.

asafb
11-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Nice job :)
add waffles please :)

Grind$oFine
11-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Nice job :)
add waffles please :)

Waffles is already on there.
No trades allowed, but giveaways are acceptable. ;)

weenden
11-29-2007, 12:27 AM
good job alot of work you did and a interesting read

Something Else
11-29-2007, 01:22 AM
I just spotted this, very informative and useful, thx :smilie4:

MrLazy
11-29-2007, 01:25 AM
awesome work dude ...simply just love it :) lets hope that people learn something from this ...

kirktrix
11-29-2007, 01:36 AM
Another Informative thread and very useful.....

Thank you grind...:)

supper
11-29-2007, 03:17 AM
very good job Grind$oFine;) (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/grindofine-177599)

KFlint
11-29-2007, 03:23 AM
wow, another very good thread from you Grind!

congrats!

fazzy07
11-29-2007, 03:36 AM
Grind is a great find for fst

carnivore
11-29-2007, 03:44 AM
Good work man that the moderator adhere it ;)

sleepyy
11-29-2007, 04:11 AM
New from the news area of the box

As you will likely know, we reduced the member limit last week - effectively closing signups. At the rate we are losing members, it's unlikely that signups will open again until 2008.

Invites will still work though even if we are above the open signup limit, which is why some of you with good ratios will have got invites available.

For invites we need to clarify a few things. If you happen to invite a user that is a cheater or behaves badly in the community, nothing will happen to your account on the first offense (unless u invited ur self) since we are willing to accept that it was not your fault and you simply couldnt have known, we will simply put a warning on your account. On the second offense, you are expected to be much more vigilant and as such you will loose all your invite privileges permanently, shall there be a second offense obviously, and in some rare cases your account might be disabled as well (if it is obvious to us that you knew you were inviting a cheater, invite seller and all the rest of them). Shall you choose to sell your invites and get found out, you will lose your account and your ip will be banned even on a first offense.

We will calibrate these rules as it seems fit at any given point in time and let you know from the news section or the announcements (which you should check up every now and then to stay alert with) what is going on.

So, to summarise:

DO NOT SELL OR TRADE INVITES
DO NOT INVITE PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW
IF PEOPLE YOU INVITE REPEATEDLY BREAK THE RULES IT COULD AFFECT YOUR ACCOUNT - BE VIGILANT
And finally please let your friends know that we have strict ratio and uploading rules - and ask them (nicely of course) to make sure they understand these as soon as they join. You are responsible for their ratio!

mrnobody
11-29-2007, 04:15 AM
1. Not sure if "TheBox" is categorized rightly. I don't know if they allow trade or giveaway but what i know is their sister site theplace and thevault does not allow trade...so from that i assume TheBox is misplaced...may be i am wrong though.

2. Similarly, "bitme" might have been misplaced as well...coz it's sister site "bitmetv" doesn't allow giveaway either. Again, i haven't looked it up so it's just an assumption. Not sure but i think i have seen bitme baning for giveaway

3. i am surprised to see ncore, kg, tt, tr, and elektronik (edit:elektROnik (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/elektronik-186295) already answered) in first list. Obviously, i haven't read invite rules :P

4. DVD club doesn't allow giveaway or trade.

Anyways, nice list.

EDIT: seems sleepyy (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/sleepyy-182991) already emphasized #1

EDIT2: #4 already mentioned by Adam1990 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/adam1990-176048)

EDIT 3:

Good work Grind

But you cant really have a list as trackers keep changing their mind about it
Just depends on what mood the staff are and if you get disabled they'll have 100's of reasons
Just having an acc here at fst is good reason for them
Only few trackers I kno of really understand the users

totally agree! one should NOT take this thread as an excuse for giveaway or trade. Do it at your OWN RISK!

raj3186
11-29-2007, 04:24 AM
nice work buddy!
:)

pandabear
11-29-2007, 04:30 AM
RevoTT is no giveaways, on one of there pages i remember it said, "do not do giveaways on forums"

psxcite
11-29-2007, 04:36 AM
Yea, I'm pretty sure you can get banned from Bitme for giveaways of invites. I have read a few threads here from guys who were banned for this infraction.

mrnobody
11-29-2007, 04:59 AM
Yea, I'm pretty sure you can get banned from Bitme for giveaways of invites. I have read a few threads here from guys who were banned for this infraction.

thanks for confirming.

was kinda unsure.

dave12
11-29-2007, 05:09 AM
most of the sites doesn't want even invites to be given on forums , fews days back patrice was talking about there is an agreement bw sites and fst that invites are allowed to be given on fst but i know that u will ban u if give invites here on fst on tl too

Grind$oFine
11-29-2007, 05:58 AM
Okay, TheBox is updated, that news post wasn't there last night.
I also did some more hardcore research on BitMe, found out the rules were stated when you go to invite someone, so I fixed that.
I will be checking up on RevoTT right now.

And for people being skeptical about this, I'm trying to only add sites when I have written proof that they don't/do allow trades/giveaways.
I also will going back to check over sites again, and I will be saving my proofs.

I guess we'll see how the more final list will turn out.

THCloud
11-29-2007, 06:24 AM
Great thread, Very useful for those of us that like to obey the rules of the sites we are privileged enough to be a part of.

Vidde
11-29-2007, 11:10 AM
NB - not allowed to trade :)

Cheers
-Vidde <3

FACE_TO_FACE
11-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Nice work!

Polarbear
11-30-2007, 04:36 PM
you might want to put brokenstones to level 4.

IMPORTANT!

We do not want to see invite threads/posts on other boards! We will be actively scanning all the boards (yes, we're pretty sure we know of all of them) for these types of threads. Participating in these threads puts everyone here at risk and proves that you are not responsible enough to stay here. So:

ANYONE found participating in these threads will be banned. We will invesitgate all new signups and if they are found to be from one of these threads/posts, we will disable their account and the person who invited them.

Be discreet, invite people you trust. Thanks for your cooperation.

puckface
11-30-2007, 04:55 PM
rules for sites where you steal shit... something wrong with that picture.

Grind$oFine
11-30-2007, 09:21 PM
you might want to put brokenstones to level 4.

IMPORTANT!

We do not want to see invite threads/posts on other boards! We will be actively scanning all the boards (yes, we're pretty sure we know of all of them) for these types of threads. Participating in these threads puts everyone here at risk and proves that you are not responsible enough to stay here. So:

ANYONE found participating in these threads will be banned. We will invesitgate all new signups and if they are found to be from one of these threads/posts, we will disable their account and the person who invited them.

Be discreet, invite people you trust. Thanks for your cooperation.

Okay I changed it, although the rules page mentions you may be warned, too, (which is why I had originally placed it in the other spot). I was kind of mixed up as to where to put it, I just needed a second opinion on where to put it, so thank you, Polarbear. :)

You could look at it that way.. but not all bittorrent trackers have rules.. for instance, public trackers.

The only real different between private and public trackers is rules. And the rules are what make private trackers so much better; faster, safer, more seeders, more content, no viruses, decent quality, no dupes... rules are very important, not only for the safety of a site, but for the quality of the site.

Actatoi
12-01-2007, 05:18 PM

That discussion is old and stupid. My advice to you is think more deeply on the matter.