PDA

View Full Version : Strange laws

Something Else
11-29-2007, 01:49 AM
That still apply.

In the UK:

It is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs or corpses.

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.

It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.

Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know, though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing.

Royal Navy ships that enter the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.

In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.

In Lancashire, no person is permitted after being asked to stop by a constable on the seashore to incite a dog to bark.

In England, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.

In London, Freemen are allowed to take a flock of sheep across London Bridge without being charged a toll; they are also allowed to drive geese down Cheapside.

In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.

In Chester, Welshmen are banned from entering the city before sunrise and from staying after sunset.

In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

he head of any dead whale found on the British coast is legally the property of the King; the tail, on the other hand, belongs to the Queen - in case she needs the bones for her corset.

Is your country this stupid? How?

sleepyy
11-29-2007, 03:05 AM
I have see these before read it a few times still makes me laugh every time i read it i allways wanted to know the original source for these the person who gathered all these funny laws into a book besides the creators of the laws

Something Else
11-29-2007, 03:09 AM
I broke one just now .

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8366/ist2912335plainwhiteenvzs0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:fear2:

Alien5
11-29-2007, 03:10 AM
treason has taken place :fear:

sleepyy
11-29-2007, 03:11 AM
Ireland

The Criminal Justice Act 1990 removed the death penalty for treason convictions, setting the punishment at life imprisonment, with parole in not less than forty years

Not a reliable source but still gives an idea i could not find the act for the uk so i guess it's similar

Something Else
11-29-2007, 03:15 AM
Must get to Ireland............

kallieb
11-29-2007, 03:21 AM
Canada is fucked up...

It is illegal for a man to drink with a woman in an Edmonton beer parlor in (Alberta.)
It is unlawful to throw snowballs or set off firecrackers within the city, without the authorization of the mayor or City Council. (Calgary)
All bicycle riders must signal with the arm before making a turn, and a bicycle rider must keep both hands on the handlebars at all times" ( Edmonton.)
In Canada, It is illegal for a teen to walk down main street with their shoes untied. (Fort Qu'Appelle)
It is illegal to try and catch fish with your hands (Saskatoon.)
You are not allowed to saw wood on the streets, or wash your automobile in (Toronto.)
Theater owners are forbidden to start a movie that will end after 2 am. (Toronto.)
You are not allowed to play a musical instrument in a park in (Windsor, Ontario)
A by-law forbids anyone from striking the sidewalk with a metal object (Winnipeg)
It is against the law to go naked in your own home if you leave the blinds up. (Winnipeg)

kallieb
11-29-2007, 03:22 AM
I broke one just now .

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8366/ist2912335plainwhiteenvzs0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:fear2:

Quick, turn her over!! She's getting all woozy.

dinsdale
11-29-2007, 01:56 PM
I bet most of those laws are lies. Sorry to be a killjoy! The internet is full of made up stuff...

Notice how dumb laws never have citations.

Something Else
11-29-2007, 03:12 PM
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/2424/lawyer3bs9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Biggles
11-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Murdering an armed Scotsman is ok?

:shifty:

zoe68
11-29-2007, 09:04 PM
against the law to eat mince pies on Christmas day

Defy
11-29-2007, 11:44 PM
In Arizona (no lie):
You may not have more than two dildos in a house.
Oral sex is considered to be sodomy.

County Laws in Arizona:
Tucson - Women may not wear pants.
Tombstone - It is illegal for men and women over the age of 18 to have less than one missing tooth visible when smiling.

:(

Busyman™
11-30-2007, 04:52 AM
Bullshit

Broken
11-30-2007, 05:32 AM
Kentucky (USA)
State law stipulates that a person is considered sober until he or she "cannot hold onto the ground".

:drunk:

Texas (USA)
1. A recently passed anti-crime laws requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and explain to the nature of the crime about to be committed.

2. The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

MediaSlayer
11-30-2007, 05:41 AM
In Arizona (no lie):
You may not have more than two dildos in a house.
Oral sex is considered to be sodomy.

County Laws in Arizona:
Tucson - Women may not wear pants.
Tombstone - It is illegal for men and women over the age of 18 to have less than one missing tooth visible when smiling.

:(

also, though I don't know if it's officially a law or just an enforced custom but if you get put in sheriff joe arapaio's jail you must wear pink underwear. when i first heard that i thought it was bullshit but someone i know how has done time there confirmed that it's true.

Acid_death69
11-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Some of the canadian laws are the best esepcially that bicycle one:D

kallieb
11-30-2007, 04:50 PM
We love our laws in Canada.:whistling

DV8type
11-30-2007, 07:32 PM
In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.
:lol:
sucks if your right handed

maddoxro
11-30-2007, 11:44 PM
:lol:
sucks if your right handed

hahahahah ,,,true :lol:

pro267
12-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Connorsville, Wisconsin, it's illegal for a man to shoot off a gun when his female partner has an orgasm

It's against the law in Willowdale, Oregon, for a husband to curse during sex

In Oblong, Illinois, it's punishable by law to make love while hunting or fishing on your wedding day

No man is allowed to make love to his wife with the smell of garlic, onions, or sardines on his breath in Alexandria, Minnesota. If his wife so requests, law mandates that he must brush his teeth

Warn your hubby that after lovemaking in Ames, Iowa, he isn't allowed to take more than three gulps of beer while lying in bed with you- or holding you in his arms

Bozeman, Montana, has a law that bans all sexual activity between members of the opposite sex in the front yard of a home after sundown- if they're nude. (Apparently, if you wear socks, you're safe from the law!)

In hotels in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, every room is required to have twin beds. And the beds must always be a minimum of two feet apart when a couple rents a room for only one night. And it's illegal to make love on the floor between the beds!

The owner of every hotel in Hastings, Nebraska, is required to provide each guest with a clean and pressed nightshirt. No couple, even if they are married, may sleep together in the nude. Nor may they have sex unless they are wearing one of these clean, white cotton nightshirts.

An ordinance in Newcastle, Wyoming, specifically bans couples from having sex while standing inside a store's walk-in-meat freezer!

A state law in Illinois mandates that all bachelors should be called master, not mister, when addressed by their female counterparts

In Norfolk, Virginia, a woman can't go out without wearing a corset. (There was a civil-service job- for men only- called a corset inspector.)

However, in Merryville, Missouri, women are prohibited from wearing corsets because "the privilege of admiring the curvaceous, unencumbered body of a young woman should not be denied to the normal, red-blooded American male."

It's safe to make love while parked in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Police officers aren't allowed to walk up and knock on the window. Any suspicious officer who thinks that sex is taking place must drive up from behind, honk his horn three times and wait approximately two minutes before getting out of his car to investigate.

Another law in Helena, Montana, mandates that a woman can't dance on a table in a saloon or bar unless she has on at least three pounds, two ounces of clothing.

Lovers in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, should avoid satisfying their lustful urges in a parked car. If the horn accidentally sounds while they are frolicking behind the wheel, the couple can face a jail term

In Carlsbad, New Mexico, it's legal for couples to have sex in a parked vehicle during their lunch break from work, as long as the car or van has drawn curtains to stop strangers from peeking in.

A Florida sex law: If you're a single, divorced, or widowed woman, you can't parachute on Sunday afternoons.

Women aren't allowed to wear patent-leather shoes in Cleveland, Ohio- a man might see the reflection of something "he oughtn't!"

No woman may have sex with a man while riding in an ambulance within the boundaries of Tremonton, Utah. If caught, the woman can be charged with a sexual misdemeanor and "her name is to be published in the local newspaper." The man isn't charged nor is his name revealed.

Source (http://members.aol.com/ledwards16/text.htm)

snowultra
12-01-2007, 05:02 PM
lol, omg. way to funny.

there are too many funny ones to name, but i had a great time reading it.