PDA

View Full Version : What Is Bittorrent

avid244does366
07-21-2003, 11:41 PM
sorry i no that this question is lame but can u plz tell me what the hell iz BitTorrent. i have been hearing a lot abt this progam. how can u get BitTorrent

callum
07-21-2003, 11:46 PM
This might help.

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=54389

chalkmongoose
07-22-2003, 02:40 AM
BitTorrent is dead. Don't bother. IF you must, get Shareaza, since it also supports legacy Gnutella, Gnutella 2, and ED2K servers.
It died when the RIAA discovered that it was an easy target to pick on.
By it, I don't mean the actual network, I mean the sites that host torrent files.
BitTorrent, do to the nature of it (a network where d/w tickets enables access to hosted files) can be crushed easier than FastTrack.

EnJoi
07-22-2003, 04:07 AM
d/w ticketz?

stoi
07-23-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by chalkmongoose@22 July 2003 - 02:40
BitTorrent is dead. Don't bother. IF you must, get Shareaza, since it also supports legacy Gnutella, Gnutella 2, and ED2K servers.
It died when the RIAA discovered that it was an easy target to pick on.
By it, I don't mean the actual network, I mean the sites that host torrent files.
BitTorrent, do to the nature of it (a network where d/w tickets enables access to hosted files) can be crushed easier than FastTrack.
Bittorrent is not dead, its only just begining, lets see them close down all the torrent trackers that are popping up from individual users own PC`s. and with most being connected to filesoups tracker spider, its pretty easy to see what torrents are where.

stoi

Gre1
07-23-2003, 12:33 AM
Exactly what I would have said stoi

Schmiggy_JK23
07-23-2003, 03:10 AM
yup... the private trackers are great.

sites like suprnova, and filesoup, who allow torrents from all trackers, into their directory are still thriving...

Polarbear
07-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Bittorrent is not dead, its only just begining, lets see them close down all the torrent trackers that are popping up from individual users own PC`s. and with most being connected to filesoups tracker spider, its pretty easy to see what torrents are where.

stoi

Yeah, I think you're right. Who knows? Maybe Bittorrent will become big.

Only time will tell. I predict you're gonna run one of the biggest games tracker one day, little stoi. :)

brightsid
07-17-2009, 08:26 PM
/me subscribe this thread waiting for new posts