PDA

View Full Version : How safe is downloading with Rapidshare?

Creeping Death
11-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Well, I'm giving up this whole bittorrent malarkey what with sites constantly being shut down and people being sued, and now I was wondering what I should switch to.

I was thinking Rapidshare, but I just wanted to know how "safe" it is to download with Rapidshare?

r77
11-29-2007, 05:53 PM
and now I was wondering what I should switch to.

Usenet (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/) .advice from a guy who use rapidshare and bittorrent

helsing
11-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Well, rapidshare is okay only with a premium account, otherwise there maybe might be some way to overide it, but its just too much work. And it is safe. Safer than the torrent protocol.

tusks
11-29-2007, 09:25 PM
With a good download manager you can usually max your connection with Rapidshare and release times are fairly decent. On the negative side though, if you're not careful where you post your links they get reported by lamers and then Rapidshare deletes em. However, the uploader gets in no trouble at all and they don't care if you upload a bunch more pirated stuff. IMHO, it is a very secure method and the people that release from the scene to rapidshare almost never get caught because their IP is secure and Rapidshare doens't really give a flying fuck what you upload :D

Also, my opinion of Usenet is that the release times are superb and you get content a lot faster but because of different retention rates, sometimes it is difficult to download older releases. There are some Usenet companies like Giganews that have a retention rate of 200 days but I recommend if you are a noob with usenet to start off with a block account from http://usenet-news.net/. And before I get anymore long winded, the people I know who use Usenet never have ISP problems, get sued, or get scene-banned so all in all, you can decide which one floats ur boat and pick. Some people will argue and say that warez should be free but you're not really paying for warez when you pay for Rapidshare or Usenet, you're paying for reliability, fast speeds and security.

melatonin
11-29-2007, 09:41 PM
rapidshare is great but i still couldnt find a way to copy paste all 100 parts and start downloading. everytime i gotta copy paste url's one by one :(

johncap
11-30-2007, 05:50 AM
What speeds do you guys get with rapidshare?

tusks
11-30-2007, 06:20 AM
I max out my 8mb connection. And melatonin, there's an easy way to fix that problem. I'll PM u the solution :D

LoKaLiRi
11-30-2007, 06:54 PM
50% i dont like to download movies from it and games so

i download only software :D

Doombringer
11-30-2007, 11:58 PM
tusks, why don't you post the solution here ?
I am looking for it too... :(

tusks
12-01-2007, 01:30 AM
I will make another post about it soon Doombringer

Blackbeard
12-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Last place i look is rapidshare, for the stuff i need, i hate the timewaits etc.

Doombringer
12-02-2007, 02:36 AM
for everyone, tusks made a wonderful tutorial that you can find here :

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-rapidshare-download-manager-tutorial-255386

Saroman
12-03-2007, 04:16 AM
rapidshare is great but i still couldnt find a way to copy paste all 100 parts and start downloading. everytime i gotta copy paste url's one by one :(

lol which d/l manager do u use...I use IDM and if u want i can show how to import many links at once ;)

solaris
12-03-2007, 05:44 AM

just use IDM select all the links ,right click,and select download
by IDM :)

Saroman
12-03-2007, 06:15 AM
Even that works..

But i use notepad :P

I save all my links in notepad and then import them ;)

Because not always i instantly start downloading the links that i see...I save it in Notes of Opera :P

cualquiera
12-04-2007, 04:37 PM
i would say safer than using torrents..

grimms
12-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Rapidshare is great if you have a premium account, then you don't have to wait for downloads plus you get there faster speeds for downloads.

Zangetsu
12-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Rapidshare is far better than all the trackers combined. But its only good with a premium account only.

RBCC
12-05-2007, 05:35 AM
Could you PM me with the solution ?

Saroman
12-05-2007, 06:42 AM
What solution...theres no solution other than buying premium account.... you might find some softwares here and there..but 90% of times the file you download is curropt. ;)

SkykeN
12-05-2007, 01:11 PM
I sometimes browse some rapidshare forums and if you ask me it's chaos! 10 threads with download links to the same movie and sometimes threads with fake releases. I download thru torrents, when I download something I know what I will get, private trackers that is offcourse.

Saroman
12-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Well in my 3yrs of using Rapidshare..never hav i encountered fake releases ;)

it all depends on ur source..

danythedog25
12-02-2010, 04:14 AM
rapidshare WAS good. Still speeds are fair but rewards system has ended, due to which many sites are backing up from it. else so many of newcomers are providing bulk upload and same speeds and reward system. so clients are thinking or even fully shifted from rapidshare.

danythedog25
(http://xtremeviral.com)

bijoy
12-02-2010, 07:00 AM
nice job... 1st post here in last 3 years.
dead topic came back to the world, thanks to your very first post in this forum. :w00t:

anon
12-02-2010, 11:40 AM
nice job... 1st post here in last 3 years.

And it even was just to spam, but I agree with its content.

Sushi007
12-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Well, rapidshare is not always used to download movies, music, apps,gamez etc. You can also share pics, vids, music that you made with you're family, friends or TO THE WORLD................
But of course most of us don't. We just don't need to pay! Just use torrents and download little stuff like pictures, mp3's vids etc. from RS MU and other

Galardo
12-15-2010, 11:16 AM
I prefer HF, ad I feel its safer tha RS :fst:

Expeto
12-15-2010, 04:40 PM
I prefer HF, ad I feel its safer tha RS :fst:
I can't see an difference...

anon
12-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Yes, I'd like to know why you feel it's safer, also. While file hosters are "safer" than P2P in the sense there's only one connection and you don't have to upload anything, all of them are also potentially able to log the IPs of downloaders and hand them to the authorities, if they want to.

Cipher
12-18-2010, 11:23 AM
personally for the moment im sticking with torrents, i only use private sites, and feel much safer downloading from places that i know what im clicking on is what i will get. i never trust anything on rapidshare, too many fakes, and way too may rar files.

anon
12-18-2010, 04:56 PM
i never trust anything on rapidshare, too many fakes, and way too may rar files.

There are RAR files on trackers too. Many of them. :fear:

As for fakes, where have you been getting your links? DDL forums such as Warez-BB are trustworthy around 99.9% of the time.

Cipher
12-31-2010, 12:14 PM
the general trackers i use, have banned rar files, except for games and software. and i dont mind downloading them from sites i trust, as i also know the people who upload them there.

as for the fakes, maybe its changed since i gave up with rapidshare and the rest, but they used to be full of the same crap as public trackers.

ive started playing with ripping from streaming sites as an alternative to torrents, but have to hunt around to find a decent copy to rip, whereas if i get it from a private tracker, i know its going to be the best i can get.

just my opinion, if you have good sources for links that you trust, then good on you. im gonna stick with what and who i know

anon
12-31-2010, 04:58 PM
as for the fakes, maybe its changed since i gave up with rapidshare and the rest, but they used to be full of the same crap as public trackers.

Which sites were you getting your links from? I never had any issues on Warez-BB.

AlexJ
12-31-2010, 05:27 PM
I purely use Warez, and so far it's been great,
Sites like afterpre.com upload content from trackers to hotfile and it's very reliable,
And there are a ton of sites like that.

thetalkman
01-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Are the files uploading first to warez sites or to torrents?

johhny
01-08-2011, 04:40 PM
talkman depends i see some uploaded after torrents and some before andyway the delay after torrents it's extremly small
RS is extremly speedy!!!!

deviantART
01-10-2011, 08:43 PM
thx

Dmore21
01-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Rapidshare and Bittorrents pose the same risk when it comes to downloading files. My advice is to always virus scan any file you download.

anon
01-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Get your stuff from reliable sources, and where you can read users' comments to check if something's a fake before you even download it. 99.99% of the stuff from Warez-BB is shiny clean.

johhny
01-13-2011, 12:08 AM
it's extermly safe from RS warez-bb is good also http://www.nattawat.org/ http://tehparadox.com and others

fakes are everywhere learn to avoid