PDA

View Full Version : Reaction after getting into ScT

bikernin
11-29-2007, 05:28 PM
probably the most wanted tracker here on FST is ScT. i mean everyday you see a hundred looong posts like 'can i please get a free ScT invite ive been lookin for years..blah blah..and how i wont get to go to heaven if i dont get one'. I just wanted to ask those lucky guys who got into ScT after hunting for it for ages, how did u guys feel after getting in? would love to read about your reactions :)
P.S. I just got a free invite to ScT and im absolutely dumbfounded. really dunno wat to say or how to feel. i will post my reaction after i get over this phase lol

fsephie
11-29-2007, 05:47 PM
I got my invite from some random guy offering it on Brokenstones.

It's a nice site, good speeds, but the community seems so so.

bikernin
11-29-2007, 05:51 PM
lucky you too fsephie

OmaRin0
11-29-2007, 05:53 PM
i don't see ANY reason to not love that tracker
if u look for pre times, sct is the best, speed/content/... in SCT!!
they even have active forum
i really like that tracker..

fOrUmAs
well i havent got my invite from here,i got one from my friend from torrent site where im very good member,well first time when i log in and see all that was really great and it was for few days but later u find that nothing special abouth site,its all the same s***,only diffrent is that pretime is very fast,speed is also great but it also on other sites and there is forum/IRC that i dont use at all..

lukaz
I joined in the first week of the site opening so to be honest i have never had that warm fuzzy feeling about it.
Its always just been a normal site for me.

bikernin
11-29-2007, 05:59 PM
i don't see ANY reason to not love that tracker
if u look for pre times, sct is the best, speed/content/... in SCT!!
they even have active forum
i really like that tracker..

i never said i dint like it. i wanna know how you felt when you got into it the first time

stitched
11-29-2007, 06:01 PM
i got into sct and tt the same day....and it was an account of a friend then...he shared those account with me...i was happy..it all happpened really fast...i got bitmetv,pt, on the same day i could get into sct and tt...i felt like complete and mostly i wasnt prepared it all happened really fast....and anywyas i used the account for a while and i stopped logging in to sct after a while....i personally wouldnt wanan get in to sct because i cant handle the speed and i felt sct is more about making money...i sort of took some screen shots of the sct account ,was happy for a while.i guess.

Polarbear
11-29-2007, 06:15 PM
sct is the high-tech tracker. nothing i'd seen before had better speeds in anything. browsing times, downloads, pretimes - nearly everything is fast as lightning there.

but i could notice after a few days, that the community is very cold and anonymous.

it's a high tech tracker and so are the people and the staff.

i wish the atmosphere sometimes would be a little more warmhearted there.

if your into maxing out your 100mbit connection with the best content available, sct is your tracker.

if you want a friendly and active community, not really.

i know for sure what's the reason for this, but that would leed to far ...

Presto
11-29-2007, 06:15 PM
I was ecstatic and happy. :lol: Nah really, it's well worth the title of the best tracker and for me it's special.

SiNa
11-29-2007, 06:18 PM
you just get a little excited getting into sct at first, but nothing big, you'll get used to it very fast

slimdogp
11-29-2007, 06:26 PM
:idunno: for obvious reason..

bikernin
11-29-2007, 06:31 PM
well i am pretty excited right now in terms of the community. they got a really cool tshirt n stuff lol. content is what matters to me and its pretty good. nothing to lose sleep over tho. frankly speaking i really dont get why people are so desperate to get in. its a fantastic tracker no doubt but u can get most of the same stuff on lower level trackers

masterbat
11-29-2007, 06:35 PM
doubt but u can get most of the same stuff on lower level trackers

all scene trackers are the same . you only need one 0day tracker :lol:

for ex: for me x264.eu > ftn + sct :shifty:

Polarbear
11-29-2007, 06:37 PM
well i am pretty excited right now in terms of the community. they got a really cool tshirt n stuff lol. content is what matters to me and its pretty good. nothing to lose sleep over tho. frankly speaking i really dont get why people are so desperate to get in. its a fantastic tracker no doubt but u can get most of the same stuff on lower level trackers

you should have asked some people before you joined. content is nearly 95% identical on all elite scene tracker.

bikernin
11-29-2007, 06:43 PM
well yea. ive never been bloodthirstily hunting for sct. was free so took it. now might as well use it :) not a trader

limpingjaret
11-29-2007, 07:14 PM
if you guys want to experience the "community" you really need to pop into the IRC channel...fun times are to be had. If you're looking for a really good time...just bring up Brandon's name :)

Polarbear
11-29-2007, 07:17 PM
if you guys want to experience the "community" you really need to pop into the IRC channel...fun times are to be had. If you're looking for a really good time...just bring up Brandon's name :)

do you think flaming is part of a fun community?

besides, i judge trackers by their sites and not by the amount of 15yo wanking in irc.

LoKaLiRi
11-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Very very nice Site after i will get FTN Beside SCT i will retire :D

bikernin
11-29-2007, 07:20 PM
lol @ polarbear. yea irc chans can be fun and helpful. been around irc for a long time and after that irc channels of torrent sites seem a lil' dull ;)

antipower187
11-29-2007, 07:25 PM
I got in about a year ago. It's just like TL but with more seeds. That's what my first reaction was.

carpediemm
11-29-2007, 07:29 PM
I have never been a member on sct but I will some day:) I have heard many people saying it's a great tracker and so on. I'll do whatever it takes (not going to buy an invite or trade me one) to become a member there:P

bikernin
11-29-2007, 07:36 PM
I have never been a member on sct but I will some day:) I have heard many people saying it's a great tracker and so on. I'll do whatever it takes (not going to buy an invite or trade me one) to become a member there:P

all the best to you. hope you get one soon

Sylar666
11-29-2007, 08:43 PM
I like everything there - even the community. I met only friendly, helpful people on SCT. Good example is the "common effort", the SCT-Plus Greasemonkey-script. We give feedbacks frequently and a very nice conversation has developed there in the Forum.
BTW - I am in the torrent- stuff for content, not Community. Community is a plus. If i need a good Community I go to here, Orkut etc.
Well, one thing is for sure - morones and douchebags are not welcome anyplace. Read Rules, FAQ, search before U ask (common problem here as well) and treat everybody with the same respect U expect from everybody. Then U feel much better yourself and soon become a respected member of the Community.
Reverting back to the original question. Having all major trackers I wanted for some time, SCT and TL (beside Bithumen, FTN) is still the apple of my eye.

jr56
11-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Great site but very hard to seed back from home :rolleyes:

LaPistola
11-29-2007, 09:00 PM
very very good pre-times :)

9NINE
11-29-2007, 09:08 PM
I wish to have the chance to pass login page :)then ill tell u all my feelings

aysomc
11-29-2007, 09:13 PM
forums can be funny sometimes there so its not bad as far as community goes but not nearly as good as some others. the speeds, pre times and basically everything you would want in a 0day tracker are fucking amazing though so they dont need the best forums. great site, loved it when i was first there and i still love it.

Defy
11-29-2007, 09:15 PM
sct is the high-tech tracker. nothing i'd seen before had better speeds in anything. browsing times, downloads, pretimes - nearly everything is fast as lightning there.

but i could notice after a few days, that the community is very cold and anonymous.

if your into maxing out your 100mbit connection with the best content available, sct is your tracker.

Quoted for Truth.

The only thing the little boys in their forums do is :wank: to, well... damn near everything.

bikernin
11-29-2007, 09:16 PM
I wish to have the chance to pass login page :)then ill tell u all my feelings

dont worry m8..u will

carpediemm
11-29-2007, 09:17 PM
A question to you all members: Where did you get your invites? I don't know any in real life who has an acc there so I must try over Internet:P

bikernin
11-29-2007, 09:20 PM
well i just happened to have made enough good friends and one of them happened to have a spare invite :) i believe most of the guys here must have gotten an invite due to their goodwill. correct me if im wrong

RoSsoNeRI
11-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I heard about it just a week before I got in. I was soooooo excited when I got it!!!!!! n im very glad that I did. It's the BEST 0day tracker out there n no tracker beats it when it comes to pre-times n speed. Love ScT :wub:

Grind$oFine
11-29-2007, 09:35 PM

That's definitely accurate. ScT has it's upsides and downsides.

I was absolutely shocked when I downloaded my first torrent there. I figured my speed maxed out on almost every tracker, since it's so bad. But on ScT I download faster than what I originally believed my max speed was.

With that, and the pretimes, ScT is a site I really like, and like to use.

Other than that, the site has a tendency to give me a negative feeling. The community isn't that bad there, but it's not someplace I like to post.

It's a great tracker if you have it, and if you don't, it's really no big deal.

There's another 0-day out there that has pretty good pre-times and speeds, and a community/staff that is so much more friendly and welcoming. ;)

silvertec
11-29-2007, 09:39 PM
been their 90 weeks good site getting harder to seed back their lately but can't hae everything

bikernin
11-29-2007, 09:39 PM
i really hope this dosent start tending towards another *** vs *** thread. plz stick to the topic guys.

jr56
11-29-2007, 10:18 PM
I don't know any in real life who has an acc there so I must try over Internet:P

Since you are from Sweden try asking fellow Swedes if they have any invites left, i noticed a lot of Swedes on the torrents i'm connected to :yup:

SgtMajor
11-29-2007, 10:19 PM
ScT = great tracker, great front end, great torrents with great speed. Easy to keep a ratio there as well, just seed the torrent back for days/weeks on en

Forums/irc are cliquey as hell, and you are never made to feel welcome, and for those of us who do things the PM and/or email way, then we are made to feel more like lepers than members.

bikernin
11-29-2007, 10:23 PM
im getting a big "stay off the forums" sign from this thread

Unstable1
11-29-2007, 11:33 PM
it wasnt too long ago i became a member of ScT, and frankly, i couldnt help but wonder what all the fuss is about.

its just another 0-day tracker. just another torrentleech, supertorrents, revtt, torrent-damage etc... i know its exclusive and it is without question a great site, but if youve already got a decent 0-day tracker, you dont need ScT.

im not impressed with the forums. lots of avatars of half naked ladies ( :rolleyes: ) and threads seem to be locked quickly for no apparent reason.

Brandon
11-30-2007, 02:11 AM
made you look :D

:lol: i swear this thread just got 100 hits right after i did that

G-Force
11-30-2007, 02:55 AM
I have to say after i got SCT i was over the moon, i went in had a look, and then sat back in my chair and though now what?

After getting FTN i was blown away with how neat and nice the tracker was, as well as how much the community there loved to talk, but still not OMG im gonna shit my pants because i just got FTN.

After getting FSC i had a look around, saw the fight club as well as what torrents they had to offer and still kind of thought, wow its good but not that good. Then after a day or 2 of exploring a bit more i fell in love, and now i cant leave the damn site :p

TmZ
11-30-2007, 03:01 AM
ScT has one of the best bittorrent communities that I know of, and that's actually all that counts.
The forums/IRC are great, and with the fast pre-times ScT is one of the best trackers around.

"United we stand, Divided we fall"

fsephie
11-30-2007, 03:08 AM
I'd have to disagree. The forums don't really seem to have much substance to them in my opinion, but I guess to each his own.

G-Force
11-30-2007, 03:16 AM
I'd have to disagree. The forums don't really seem to have much substance to them in my opinion, but I guess to each his own.

I think Polarbear's description summed it up perfectly.

mrnobody
11-30-2007, 04:14 AM
after i got ScT i was...wait, i don't have it :D

SgtMajor
11-30-2007, 04:19 AM
Quoted for Truth.

The only thing the little boys in their forums do is :wank: to, well... damn near everything.

Defy spoke, fap, fap, fap, fap, please, spoke some more. (are you really a girl, prove it!) <sorry - couldn't resist saying that, if only you had a $ for every time you heard that eh?)

And that ScT female of the year thread was plenty to get them heated up alright, I felt like a parent walking in on my son when he was trying to read his playboy (or playgirl, I never did manage to get a sneak view!) mag.

Wouldn't be without it though, I just stay out of the rooms :D

Brandon
11-30-2007, 04:26 AM
Quoted for Truth.

Defy spoke, fap, fap, fap, fap, please, spoke some more. (are you really a girl, prove it!) <sorry - couldn't resist saying that, if only you had a $ for every time you heard that eh?)

And that ScT female of the year thread was plenty to get them heated up alright, I felt like a parent walking in on my son when he was trying to read his playboy (or playgirl, I never did manage to get a sneak view!) mag.

lol, reading this made me laugh because it's so true. A week or so ago a girl came and pm'd me on irc and at the end of the convo she was like "You're the only guy i've talked to online who hasn't asked if I had a webcam, to prove I was a girl, or anything sexist like that.."
Funny thing about that female of the year thread, was it was done by a girl ;)
I still laugh at how certain sct staff used to be all over cirwen and other female sct users because they were female :P
(this was long ago) but as a joke, a friend and I joined sct irc and posed as a girl and lets just say it was funny as shit lol

Adam1990
11-30-2007, 04:39 AM

lol, reading this made me laugh because it's so true. A week or so ago a girl came and pm'd me on irc and at the end of the convo she was like "You're the only guy i've talked to online who hasn't asked if I had a webcam, to prove I was a girl, or anything sexist like that.."
Funny thing about that female of the year thread, was it was done by a girl ;)
I still laugh at how certain sct staff used to be all over cirwen and other female sct users because they were female :P
(this was long ago) but as a joke, a friend and I joined sct irc and posed as a girl and lets just say it was funny as shit lol

Well its not to often sct staff actually talk to females. :D

G-Force
11-30-2007, 04:45 AM
And that ScT female of the year thread

Which thread was this? Could someone PM me a link?

whiteyes
11-30-2007, 04:48 AM
i dont have an account there
i know there are good movie xvid packs on sct
i like them more than the latest scene releases

Roark
11-30-2007, 05:04 AM

Community may not be friendly, but it's hardly inactive. And you're too quick to dismiss the IRC channel, every other site needs to give idle bonuses to get even half the number of people we get on ours on a regular basis.

And not to pick on you, but regarding the anonymous comment, which other tracker has published pics of its staff?

chillincool
11-30-2007, 05:14 AM
Community may not be friendly, but it's hardly inactive. And you're too quick to dismiss the IRC channel, every other site needs to give idle bonuses to get even half the number of people we get on ours on a regular basis.

And not to pick on you, but regarding the anonymous comment, which other tracker has published pics of its staff?

I'll have to agree with you there on irc...sct rapes ftn in activity in it. Both their forums are pretty boring though (seems like they both have sections where 1 or 2 really old and long topics are the only thing anybody posts on, and i have no interest in them).

Brandon
11-30-2007, 05:15 AM

They might give idle bonuses, but I clearly remember countless pm's from Feeling saying "join irc!" and I also remember the "xx members join irc and free leech double up!" stuff. I would consider that a bonus.

Regarding the pics, what does that have to do with anything? I know the only reason sct pics were posted in the first place was b/c of kimii. Not even sure where you're going with that question.

Sorry to jump in between, but was just a bit curious and thought i'd add some info.

I'll have to agree with you there on irc...sct rapes ftn in activity in it. Both their forums are pretty boring though (seems like they both have sections where 1 or 2 really old and long topics are the only thing anybody posts on, and i have no interest in them).

Why do you have to throw ftn in there like that :blink: I was actually hoping for once this wouldn't turn into an ftn vs sct topic.

Roark
11-30-2007, 05:23 AM
They might give idle bonuses, but I clearly remember countless pm's from Feeling saying "join irc!" and I also remember the "xx members join irc and free leech double up!" stuff. I would consider that a bonus.

Regarding the pics, what does that have to do with anything? I know the only reason sct pics were posted in the first place was b/c of kimii. Not even sure where you're going with that question.

Sorry to jump in between, but was just a bit curious and thought i'd add some info.

We had 400+ members in there before that, and we're back to that now that the leechers/spammers left :)

Wasn't a question, just an idle comment, I knew he probably means they're less personable with the newbies etc.

iirc FTN's IRC channel was very active (don't have much time for irc anymore unfortunately) and was my favorite channel to hang out in.

Brandon
11-30-2007, 05:28 AM

We had 400+ members in there before that, and we're back to that now that the leechers/spammers left :)

Wasn't a question, just an idle comment, I knew he probably means they're less personable with the newbies etc.

iirc FTN's IRC channel was very active (don't have much time for irc anymore unfortunately) and was my favorite channel to hang out in.

Ah, yea was a bit confused about the last part lol. Think I understand what you mean now. I would imagine most irc channels are a bit slow now due to the holiday season and such also though.

bikernin
11-30-2007, 08:29 AM
this thread is becoming more like "how is ScTs community". please stick to the topic

DanielleD87
11-30-2007, 11:32 AM
when i joined I was like, 'is this it? .... i asked for an invite because of this? ... I guess I should have listened when he told me I wouldn't care after I joined.'

there is nothing and I mean nothing that makes sct the best in any way. it does not have the most selection, fastest pre times, best community, nicest staff... or anything that makes a bt tracker good. It has close to best pre times, but other then that I don't see any reason to get on ScT. Seriously, what is the point? If you want good pre times get on some affil related racing sites with 0sec pre times. sheesh

and today I still haven't found one thing on sct worth downloading that isn't somewhere else. also, on rss sct rarely if ever gets the download from a tv rls that just pred.

SiNa
11-30-2007, 11:53 AM
i believe sct is pretty good. the forum is very active, if you make a interesting thread there will be so many people replying. and many there will actually help you if you have any questions. Also the browsing speed is one of thebest, and the content as well

celtic
11-30-2007, 12:00 PM
probably the most wanted tracker here on FST is ScT. i mean everyday you see a hundred looong posts like 'can i please get a free ScT invite ive been lookin for years..blah blah..and how i wont get to go to heaven if i dont get one'. I just wanted to ask those lucky guys who got into ScT after hunting for it for ages, how did u guys feel after getting in? would love to read about your reactions :)
P.S. I just got a free invite to ScT and im absolutely dumbfounded. really dunno wat to say or how to feel. i will post my reaction after i get over this phase lol

Its like reading porno, its only a torrent site lol so many people getting aroused over it... one word LIFE

rohankanade
11-30-2007, 12:10 PM
i love the "Feeling" :)

durex
11-30-2007, 12:19 PM
I got my invite from some random guy offering it on Brokenstones.

It's a nice site, good speeds, but the community seems so so.

....... very economically well organizer, they don't know the meanning of community.

But if we are talking about pre times , content and speed of course is one of the bests is foolish to deny it.

mrnobody
11-30-2007, 12:42 PM
all ScT complainers why don't u just del ur account? but na, u would keep it and whine? :P

mrnobody
11-30-2007, 12:44 PM
all ScT complainers why don't u just del ur account? but na, u would keep it and whine? :P

mrnobody
11-30-2007, 12:46 PM

mrnobody
11-30-2007, 12:49 PM

kyrcer
11-30-2007, 12:51 PM
I was looking invite for this tracker for 1 year and I got it. :P Now I'm very happy.

monk3y
11-30-2007, 12:57 PM
not much

celtic
11-30-2007, 01:43 PM

cause delacc.php dont work ;-)

i havent logged in for months ;)

durex
11-30-2007, 01:44 PM
:lol:

mrnobody
11-30-2007, 01:56 PM

pm the mod and ask to del it? :naughty:

or post something stupid in forum and hope to get disabled :lol:

moffe
11-30-2007, 01:57 PM

never had a problem with that, just keep seeding "old" releases - instead of trying to compete head-on with the massive seedboxes.

Have more than 500gb buffer and that is only using home ADSL line - which has been 1mbit upload until recently, and now its only 2mbit.

jr56
11-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Have more than 500gb buffer and that is only using home ADSL line - which has been 1mbit upload until recently, and now its only 2mbit.

How long did it take you to create such a buffer with a 1mbit upload? At least a year i suppose? :whistling

moffe
11-30-2007, 04:50 PM

How long did it take you to create such a buffer with a 1mbit upload? At least a year i suppose? :whistling

yeah, sure it took some time :) But that is not the point, the point is that its very easy to just maintain 1:1 if you dont use it for you only site. If you grab all packs and regular scene releases you will ofcourse get ran over by the heavy number of seedbox whores :shutup:

wheeloftime
11-30-2007, 05:05 PM

yeah, sure it took some time :) But that is not the point, the point is that its very easy to just maintain 1:1 if you dont use it for you only site. If you grab all packs and regular scene releases you will ofcourse get ran over by the heavy number of seedbox whores :shutup:
So basically SCT is a great site as long as you only want to download stuff that your never going to watch lol

moffe
11-30-2007, 05:54 PM
So basically SCT is a great site as long as you only want to download stuff that your never going to watch lol

You did not learn to read yet? Does it not statw that it is easy to maintain a 1:1 ratio with regular usage? Well what would you know, i think it actually does! Amazing!

Vagaz
11-30-2007, 08:13 PM

We don't delete accounts, you can have it disabled if you pm a gmod. :)

As for how I felt when I first joined Sct... not sure, was such a long time ago really :happy: You really won't know anything about ScT until you join IRC, that's where all the good stuff is. Forums.. well.. they're sort of open minded, we try to keep them civilized, but sometimes you've gotta let people let out some steam so it can get messy.

kavselj
11-30-2007, 08:38 PM
when i joined I was like, 'is this it? .... i asked for an invite because of this? ... I guess I should have listened when he told me I wouldn't care after I joined.'

there is nothing and I mean nothing that makes sct the best in any way. it does not have the most selection, fastest pre times, best community, nicest staff... or anything that makes a bt tracker good. It has close to best pre times, but other then that I don't see any reason to get on ScT. Seriously, what is the point? If you want good pre times get on some affil related racing sites with 0sec pre times. sheesh

and today I still haven't found one thing on sct worth downloading that isn't somewhere else. also, on rss sct rarely if ever gets the download from a tv rls that just pred.

LOL, so little do you know. Obviously if you have scene axx you won't be using a tracker. Not ScT, not FTN, not SCC, nothing. And what was this RSS thing you're going on about?

As for me, it was on of the first torrent sites I joined (been using eMule for years before that) so I was excited about it. Then again, maxing out 1mbit download isn't really hard :P IRC is where most of the fun is tbh ;)

Hrvoje
11-30-2007, 08:38 PM
first few days i was thrilled.
than i realised the staff and people are hm... cold
like there is 15k IRC and RSS bots who transfer data..
and yes, it was extremley har to seed back. when i wanted to giveaway my acc, it got banned lol -.-

tracker like any other tracker. except the monstrous speeds :D

wheeloftime
11-30-2007, 08:54 PM
You did not learn to read yet?
Should be 'You have not learnt to read yet?' - couldn't resist that.

You say 'what would I know' but I have seen two sides to SCT. When I first got an account their I only had my home connection which was slow and downloading part files or files with lots of leechers was the only way I could maintain a small buffer to d/l anything I actually wanted so I rarely used the site.

I now have access to a fast connection and can seed back easily. For speeds there is nowhere better. But I still think that if you have a slow connection it is better to use a site like TL where seeding is easy or FTN where you don't have to worry about ratios. Just my 2 cents - didn't mean to piss you off.

moffe
11-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Should be 'You have not learnt to read yet?'

So your grammatical skills matches your reading ones. Point proven, but enough flamebaiting.

On topic, the purpose was solely to claim that is not very hard to maintain a 1:1 ratio on ScT, even with an average home connection.

sperm
11-30-2007, 09:04 PM

or 'have you not learned to read, yet?' :lol:

JROQuinn
11-30-2007, 09:08 PM

haha you beat me to it but actually...

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/JROQuinn/untitled.jpg

mrnobody
11-30-2007, 09:12 PM

We don't delete accounts, you can have it disabled if you pm a gmod. :)

what he said.

wheeloftime
11-30-2007, 09:18 PM

I knew it didn't sound right when I wrote it. That will teach me to be such a smartass:P.

Moffe I edited my post before you posted, I really didn't mean to make fun of your post - it just sounded very similar to the way I was using the site at first - spending all my time buffering rather than getting what I would actually watch. I should have phrased it differently.

sperm
11-30-2007, 09:30 PM

I knew it didn't sound right when I wrote it. That will teach me to be such a smartass:P.

well it took me 3 edits to get it wrong again (thanks JROQuinn), but it had a nice oink feel to it :snooty:

:D

Roark
12-01-2007, 03:12 AM

They have the fastest speeds by far of any tracker for those of us with the connections to take advantage of it, and no hit and run rules. Even if it takes a couple of more seconds to pre, it's watchable in half the time. And if you have free axx to well-affil'ed sites, you kno where my PM box is. Otherwise, stfu, you're just making an idiot of yourself.

Mac4ever
12-01-2007, 03:17 AM
and how i wont get to go to heaven if i dont get one'

well, it is like heaven lol
so if they are planning to miss the other heaven, they have one now. lol

bunny67
12-01-2007, 03:35 AM
i almost pissed my pants!

SgtMajor
12-01-2007, 03:39 AM

Sell 'em on ebay, they'll fetch a fortune :P

Polarbear
12-01-2007, 04:57 AM

Sell 'em on ebay, they'll fetch a fortune :P

ot: are there japanese people here?

bikernin
12-01-2007, 11:32 AM
konichiwa

kostnkost
12-01-2007, 02:16 PM
First time I got in, I was like OMG this place is awesome!!!!

Then I woke up from my dream.........:(

gtf0
12-01-2007, 02:23 PM
imo only few individuals (morons) are making the whole community look bad

DanielleD87
12-05-2007, 05:20 AM
Roark give me a reason to give you proof. you know where MY PM INBOX IS.

why would you ask me for something and then state that I would have to pm you? do you have any idea how rude that is? where is your respect? If you want to take your foot out of your mouth you might need to learn a thing or two before speaking.

there is more then just me here. i'm just the only one with enough balls to be open with you guys. it is my gift and you have absolutely no idea how rare it is for someone like me to be open to someone like you, or even admit certain things I do on public forums like this. be grateful because some how I doubt you will see anyone else again in your entire life so open an honest with info that shouldn't be spoken.

bikernin
12-05-2007, 11:07 AM
wow danielle well said

DanielleD87
12-05-2007, 07:35 PM
you think so? thanks :)

i normally don't respond to posts like that, but for some reason i was in a really bad mood with his comment and kind of just went into bitch mode.

how embarrassing.. i shouldn't stoop down to a lower level.

spark
12-05-2007, 07:40 PM
I had erection problems...

wheeloftime
12-05-2007, 07:46 PM

when you got into ScT, or did you just feel like sharing that with us?

spark
12-05-2007, 07:51 PM

when you got into ScT, or did you just feel like sharing that with us?

When I joined SCT, I am ok now since they disabled my account :lol:

DanielleD87
12-05-2007, 07:52 PM
O.o ..... mmmmm ok lol

bikernin
12-05-2007, 07:59 PM
you think so? thanks :)

i normally don't respond to posts like that, but for some reason i was in a really bad mood with his comment and kind of just went into bitch mode.

how embarrassing.. i shouldn't stoop down to a lower level.

yes sure was good to see some girl power put a guy in his place.
i made this thread because basically i see people spending their entire time here chasing sites like S*T etc. instead of actually enjoying the wonderful free content that almost all torrent sites offer. while having a tracker which delivers rare releases is fantastic, the scene makes sure that all the releases are top quality. besides so many low level trackers offer amazing content. you hit the nail on the head when you said that you couldnt find one release on ScT that wasnt available on other sites.
bottomline is, while having a high level tracker is an added advantage in terms of speed, pretimes, packs etc, if you know where to look you can find whatever you want in the lower level trackers as well. so i really feel its an unfruitful quest just chasing high level trackers.
Filesharing is an experience to enjoy and not a contest to win.
cheers guys

DanielleD87
12-05-2007, 08:16 PM
wonderfully said bikernin

sonofisis
12-05-2007, 09:03 PM
I like torrentleech better because I can actually keep my ratio up. There is no way I can keep a good ratio on Sct. As soon as a file is uploaded, within minutes it becomes heavily seeded and then you're crap out of luck, unless your upload speed is extremely fast. Don't have to worry about that with TL, plus the torrents stay up longer.

Wizzcameron
12-05-2007, 09:20 PM
I like torrentleech better because I can actually keep my ratio up. There is no way I can keep a good ratio on Sct. As soon as a file is uploaded, within minutes it becomes heavily seeded and then you're crap out of luck, unless your upload speed is extremely fast. Don't have to worry about that with TL, plus the torrents stay up longer.

:blink: Um the torrents stay up longer at TL?
I tihnk not.....

f@flot
12-05-2007, 09:21 PM
The reaction was:whooooooo! :-d

YeahImScT
12-05-2007, 09:24 PM
You say the community is cold, I don't agree. At all. Once you get into it it's amazing. Sure it takes some work, but at the same time who wants a forum where everyone goes around hand in hand? pfffffft, thats not for me.

I've been a member @ alot of sites, never found one that could fully replace sct for me.

Squizzle
12-05-2007, 09:43 PM
I can't help but feel that you guys take all this trackers business a lil bit too seriously - they all offer the same shit at the end of the day, the rest of it is down to hype.

Also, you go about this stuff completely the wrong way, wanting everything immediately rather than taking the time to explore what you already have.

Personally I have accounts on all of the major trackers. Thing is I have little or no use for them. I look at them and observe them with interest. I'm not honoured to be on them nor would I be upset if I lost access to them.

I never specifically wanted them, didn't beg or trade for them, but after spending lots of time on one particular site they just came to me.

For a long time I was completely oblivious to the wider torrenting community. It still astounds me that this culture of collecting, trading and obtaining torrent site accounts actually exists.

You still get the same latest movies etc at the end of it all don't you?

Protip: Don't let your trackers make you what you are, make the tracker what it is by contributing and taking part.

Being a decent member of a torrent site requires time, dedication and interest. No tracker has any respect for traders or beggers.

Become a trusted and respected member of one community, and the rest will fall in your lap. Trust me. Oh, and it took me about 2 years to get to where I am today, so don't expect overnight miracles.

If anyone wants to enlighten me as to why it's worth wasting half of your life pining for a tracker you've never even seen or used, please do so.

bikernin
12-05-2007, 10:14 PM
I can't help but feel that you guys take all this trackers business a lil bit too seriously - they all offer the same shit at the end of the day, the rest of it is down to hype.

Also, you go about this stuff completely the wrong way, wanting everything immediately rather than taking the time to explore what you already have.

Personally I have accounts on all of the major trackers. Thing is I have little or no use for them. I look at them and observe them with interest. I'm not honoured to be on them nor would I be upset if I lost access to them.

I never specifically wanted them, didn't beg or trade for them, but after spending lots of time on one particular site they just came to me.

For a long time I was completely oblivious to the wider torrenting community. It still astounds me that this culture of collecting, trading and obtaining torrent site accounts actually exists.

Protip: Don't let your trackers make you what you are, make the tracker what it is by contributing and taking part.

Being a decent member of a torrent site requires time, dedication and interest. No tracker has any respect for traders or beggers.

Become a trusted and respected member of one community, and the rest will fall in your lap. Trust me. Oh, and it took me about 2 years to get to where I am today, so don't expect overnight miracles.

If anyone wants to enlighten me as to why it's worth wasting half of your life pining for a tracker you've never even seen or used, please do so.

i see that we agree with each other :D

Roark
12-13-2007, 03:32 AM
Roark give me a reason to give you proof. you know where MY PM INBOX IS.

why would you ask me for something and then state that I would have to pm you? do you have any idea how rude that is? where is your respect? If you want to take your foot out of your mouth you might need to learn a thing or two before speaking.

there is more then just me here. i'm just the only one with enough balls to be open with you guys. it is my gift and you have absolutely no idea how rare it is for someone like me to be open to someone like you, or even admit certain things I do on public forums like this. be grateful because some how I doubt you will see anyone else again in your entire life so open an honest with info that shouldn't be spoken.

Sorry I didn't see this before, but you did take 5 days to respond to my post. Surely it's not that uncommon for people to overlook such delayed responses.

I asked you to PM me proof because I assumed anyone with axx would not wish to put the details on a public forum. If you're willing to be so "open", nothing's stopping you.

IceTee
12-13-2007, 03:39 AM

:hooray: Couldn't agree more. :)

tiolewis
12-13-2007, 05:09 AM
Happyness / Sadness (at the same time)

jam0980tr
12-13-2007, 05:24 AM
All i have to say it's same kind of stuff but when it comes down to freeleech SCT is one of the best and you don't wanna miss that!! it's the uploaders what makes SCT one of the best trackers out there.
I have been on sct 2 years and every freeleech has been one of my best trackers to go to.

mrbombastic
12-13-2007, 05:31 AM
I don't see whats so great about it. It has like 15000 torrents, and if i joined a site like ncore, revtt, tl they got like what 10k or more each. Also i heard on ScT is pretty hard to seed, due to the fact many people have seedboxes so that would suck ass big time. The speed is great, but if you leave stuff overnight it will usually be done by the morning, well for me anyway.

basically all you need is, STmusic for general music, zamunda for movies, maybe something like revtt or ncore for general needs. And some specialised tracker for specifics (for me its TT cos i like trance). Thats basically all you need :)

Saroman
12-13-2007, 08:16 AM
^^^
You forgot TL :P

JROQuinn
12-13-2007, 09:35 AM
not as hard to seed as I thought, if I can do it, anyone can, KEYWORD: patience :)
http://www.speedtest.net/result/211604205.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

mrbombastic
12-13-2007, 11:09 AM
^^^
You forgot TL :P

Ah yes, that too.

grimms
12-13-2007, 02:41 PM
I was happy and shocked. Was invited from a guy over at another tracker that respected my ratio. When i got into S*T. I though wow 2x bigger with more content then TL. Love the fast pre times as well. I think it's tied with TL though. But it is a very good tracker to have but hard to seed. Even though i got a 5.0 ratio.:D:D:D

Now i just hope to get into FTN one day...:D

fstokebanget
12-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Patience grimms, I'm sure you'll get into FTN :)
I also got ScT from a very nice guy here who also invited me to FSC earlier. And I was very very happy, so that day when I got ScT until several weeks I just focus all my download and seeding to ScT only :) Now, I'm already has ratio 10 there :D

masterbat
12-13-2007, 03:17 PM
aah the feeling ..

orgasmic ? :naughty:

bikernin
12-13-2007, 03:25 PM
if that turns you on, you got some serious issues :P

IceTee
12-13-2007, 03:49 PM
if that turns you on, you got some serious issues :P

:lol:

fisherman
12-13-2007, 04:23 PM
My fisrt reaction after getting into ScT was "oh yeah" as I'm some what of a speed junkie and I could max out my seedbox at whopping speeds.

But looking back on it now, it's the same as most other 0 day trackers but with maybe a little more content to some other trackers.

All in all ScT is a very good tracker but for equally good speeds and good if not better content and a more relaxed staff/members, u just can't beat ***

Hanz™
12-13-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm in, and I can say it looks like a very decent scene tracker. The forums have more intelligent people than some other trackers, and that's my favourite thing.

svergie
12-13-2007, 05:19 PM
i really cant tell the ans , since i am not in SCT. If u provide me an opportunity my reaction will exstactic

can u provide me 1 invite

filonome
12-13-2007, 05:43 PM
haha, i knew that would happen.

everyone mark down his name and never give him an invite. lol

sokrates
12-13-2007, 08:12 PM
my reaction some days after i joined was: wow 2000 members in an irc chan oO ^^

Rumblin
12-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Never was in SCT, but I respect it was any tracker, the staff, torrents, and sense of superiority towards other trackers makes it in a class by its lonesome, other trackers aw at its brilliance, its the way a tracker should be run, keep it up SCT guys (feeling,kimmi) and girls, :)

fisherman
12-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Never was in SCT, but I respect it was any tracker, the staff, torrents, and sense of superiority towards other trackers makes it in a class by its lonesome, other trackers aw at its brilliance, its the way a tracker should be run, keep it up SCT guys (feeling,kimmi) and girls, :)

I wouldn't call it a class by it's lonesome.....

There are other high level trackers that can easily compare to ScT.

Where ScT really excels is in it's pre times but as I said, there are other high level trackers that can compete there.

If other trackers were to charge €20 per invite, well they'd be running off the best and fastest servers too but either most trackers give out invites to only high ranked members or don't give them out at all.... so before you say ScT is the best there is, you have to look it as a tracker and not just see it's name and say "oh yeah ScT, I really want that".

ScT is very good and it's prob 1 of the best as you said. I wouldn't call it a class on it's lonesome tho :)

Rumblin
12-13-2007, 09:01 PM

I wouldn't call it a class by it's lonesome.....

There are other high level trackers that can easily compare to ScT.

Where ScT really excels is in it's pre times but as I said, there are other high level trackers that can compete there.

If other trackers were to charge €20 per invite, well they'd be running off the best and fastest servers too but either most trackers give out invites to only high ranked members or don't give them out at all.... so before you say ScT is the best there is, you have to look it as a tracker and not just see it's name and say &quot;oh yeah ScT, I really want that&quot;.

ScT is very good and it's prob 1 of the best as you said. I wouldn't call it a class on it's lonesome tho :)

I never implied it was the bestest or that it is above all only a few trackers have the honor to be mentioned with SCT, and I never said I wanted in or zomg I am an antitrader give me my invite nonsense! Everything will come in time and if you follow the rules it will pay off

Aliyans
12-13-2007, 11:49 PM
hi
sct means scenetorrents or any other tracker...???