PDA

View Full Version : What is the HD space on seedbox??

IGetMoney
11-29-2007, 08:07 PM
I dont get it like one says maybe 100GB does that mean once it reaches that ammount you cant download more...wouldent the torrent file you download go to your PC harddrive...or do you have to move it??? lol>>

Thanks for any help:)

mbucari1
11-29-2007, 08:08 PM
yes, once the storage capacity is reached you have to start deleting.

not sure what you mean by "wouldent the torrent file you download go to your PC harddrive...or do you have to move it??? lol>>"

IGetMoney
11-29-2007, 08:16 PM
oo so theres no way moving the torrent file that you downloaded to your pc to clear up space? and how would you watch the torrent file maybe movie you have downloaded

phrenzy
11-29-2007, 08:28 PM
oo so theres no way moving the torrent file that you downloaded to your pc to clear up space? and how would you watch the torrent file maybe movie you have downloaded
You FTP from Seedbox to PC..Or if you have a file on your PC in which you want to seed you FTP to you seedbox

LoKaLiRi
11-29-2007, 08:29 PM
now only 80 GB :(

IGetMoney
11-29-2007, 08:31 PM
what does FTP mean lol sorry for dumb questions but im a big big noob when it comes to seedbox's

phrenzy
11-29-2007, 08:59 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Transfer_Protocol

http://kb.iu.edu/data/aerg.html

Just google any question you have and you will find what you are looking for.............

IGetMoney
11-29-2007, 09:23 PM
im looking for a simple answer not a story of what FTP is lol

SgtMajor
11-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Are you for real, or just practicing your wind up skills?

IGetMoney
11-29-2007, 11:34 PM
what are you talking about im asking a question if you can help out that would be great

Nietzsche
11-29-2007, 11:35 PM
you can just download files from your seedbox with the speed of your home connection and then delete it from the server/seedbox.

got it?

IGetMoney
11-29-2007, 11:47 PM
ok that makes sense but would probably take forever haha...so when the file gets finished i open it from seedbox and just play ?

Adman65
11-29-2007, 11:51 PM
you would have to transfer it to your home computer to handle the file. Seedbox = remote server, where you may only have command line access.

IGetMoney
11-29-2007, 11:53 PM
oh damn that suks say the file is umm i dunno 5GB and my home connec is 10Mb how long would that take ?

oh one more question would this transfering count towards my home connection bandwith

one more question lol....could you use utorrent as a bt client for your seebox so that way you wouldent have to transfer any files

phrenzy
11-30-2007, 01:46 AM
im looking for a simple answer not a story of what FTP is lol

You can led a horse to water, But I guess i can't force you to drink........

OtG
11-30-2007, 01:51 AM
oh damn that suks say the file is umm i dunno 5GB and my home connec is 10Mb how long would that take ?

oh one more question would this transfering count towards my home connection bandwith

one more question lol....could you use utorrent as a bt client for your seebox so that way you wouldent have to transfer any files

Do the maths... yes of course... errr... you'd still have to transfer files.... I don't think you understand at all "lol"

Seedbox = a separate computer, usually on a separate network, that you use to do your seeding for you, the whole point is that it's on a much faster connection than what you have at home so that it can seed quicker and also won't suck up all your bandwidth at home so you can do other stuff.

If you want to download a file from the seedbox to your PC... then work out how fast you can download it and then do the maths.

IGetMoney
11-30-2007, 02:15 AM
wtf lol what if i download more then 100 gigs or seed by banswith rite now is only 60 frigin GB

PuZo
11-30-2007, 02:24 AM
wtf lol what if i download more then 100 gigs or seed by banswith rite now is only 60 frigin GB

wow, maybe if you dint always lol youd learn a thing or 2, setup a fuckn ftp server on the seedbox(bulletproof ftp server) use flashfxp to connect and d/l, and maybe you should read up on ftp

wow, maybe if you didnt always lol youd learn a thing or 2, setup a fuckn ftp server on the seedbox(bulletproof ftp server) use flashfxp to connect and d/l, and maybe you should read up on ftp

IGetMoney
11-30-2007, 02:28 AM
wow ok you dident have to say it like that haha but thanks

chillincool
11-30-2007, 05:09 AM
You should probably just stay far away from a seedbox if you have to ask these questions. You definitely won't be able to set it up yourself if you can't find these answers on google, or thought that wikipedia article on ftp was useless.

Fibre
11-30-2007, 05:08 PM
I don't think you need a seed box :D

IGetMoney
11-30-2007, 05:20 PM
no no i realy do need a Seedbox nvm i got enough help from all of you nice people Thanks alot......now wich one should i go with haha jkk jk