PDA

View Full Version : do you useing proxy to axx FST?

supper
11-29-2007, 08:57 PM
simple question do you?:huh: if yes or sometimes then plz tell why u do this

LaPistola
11-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Only if I cant get on other wise for some reason
Take this for example, sometimes it loads in my browser as page not found or something and I need to use a proxy to get here. This only happens occasionally, but using a proxy is the only way to get on.

fOrUmAs
11-29-2007, 09:05 PM
No i never use proxy and never will probably :)

Something Else
11-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Of course not. Why the hell would anyone do that? Please tell me.

supper
11-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Of course not. Why the hell would anyone do that? Please tell me.trying to hide his ip when he tradeing or make giveaways

kaffeine
11-29-2007, 09:12 PM
No, I can't think of a reason why should I ever need to use one.

sear
11-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Nope...but it seems to me that you do...:O

aysomc
11-29-2007, 09:15 PM
yea i would never do that, and anyone that does probably wouldnt admit it unless for some reason that isnt his fault his ip wasnt allowed here.

whiteyes
11-29-2007, 09:17 PM
no
i dont know how to do it
i dont do evil things

supper
11-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Nope...but it seems to me that you do...:Ois thats bad thing:(

chillincool
11-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Nope, it's incrediably easy to see through a proxy to a real ip anyways...pointless

SgtMajor
11-29-2007, 09:24 PM

Obviously you have something to hide.

supper
11-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Nope, it's incrediably easy to see through a proxy to a real ip anyways...pointlessnot always maybe only the fst mods can know that but for ppl who think proxy its evil its good thing for ur privacy specialy for ppl who have static ip i got hacked before and from that time i always useing it

is thats bad thing:(

Obviously you have something to hide.yea my ip hopefully:D guys thats what i heard proxy is good thing to make u surf web with out trace i dont have to be evil to do that or iam bad person or something yea maybe its kind of paranoia but i just tryed that feeling when u find out u got hacked and i wish for u guys dont even be in this thats all

SgtMajor
11-29-2007, 09:34 PM
What an absolute load of bollocks.

sear
11-29-2007, 09:37 PM

not really I'm just messing with yah :P

Cmon
11-29-2007, 10:12 PM
never, I don't even know how to use it & why should I?

jr56
11-29-2007, 10:23 PM
Nope, it's incrediably easy to see through a proxy to a real ip anyways...pointless

That depends on the proxy you are using, if it's a level 1 anonymous proxy you won't be able to see who's using it :D

And no i don't use a proxy, why should I? :unsure:

pro267
11-29-2007, 10:46 PM
I think I've never logged into FST using a proxy.
Why would I ever want to do that?

Night0wl
11-29-2007, 10:53 PM
yes, at school. The school system is a proxy

For same reason I never go to any torrentsites at school, since many disallow it.

chillincool
11-29-2007, 11:10 PM
People capable of hacking you will hack you with or without it. :)

mrnobody
11-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Of course not. Why the hell would anyone do that? Please tell me.trying to hide his ip when he tradeing or make giveaways

i don't think so...

coz FST staff don't give out IP to ANY tracker staff.

as for ur question, i have used it for probably 3-7 days. Dunno how but FST was somehow blocked in my pc....so i had to use proxy until someone here gave me link to the thread that explaining the problem and how to fix it.

supper
11-29-2007, 11:58 PM
trying to hide his ip when he tradeing or make giveaways

i don't think so...

as for ur question, i have used it for probably 3-7 days. Dunno how but FST was somehow blocked in my pc....so i had to use proxy until someone here gave me link to the thread that explaining the problem and how to fix it.:)u are the only one readed this post thank you squirr3 thats one of the reasons i posted this personly iam member here for one year now and i never had banned account and ididnt felt that fst staff hand out the ips to the trackers mods but so many ppl started to recommand me to log into fst with a proxy so the point of this thread is just to know how many ppl have this belive thats all ididnt say that just coz i dont wanna any one get mad at me here

LoKaLiRi
11-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Never and wont do that :D

Cheffy
11-30-2007, 01:09 AM
Nope never.. I got nothing to hide..

KFlint
11-30-2007, 03:09 AM
i really don't understand why someone would do this, except to get a dupe account to scam people maybe??

supper
11-30-2007, 03:18 AM
i really don't understand why someone would do this, except to get a dupe account to scam people maybe??this is could be one of them and plz stop saying why i need this or i cant understand read the whole post and then make ur owen if u like i mentioned the reasons of why ppl doing this more then one time now

raj3186
11-30-2007, 03:22 AM
No, Never :no:

Roark
11-30-2007, 03:23 AM
Tracker staff are getting IPs from this site somehow, either they manage to hack it, or FST staff leak them.

BTW, FST staff has admitted leaking IPs of some users here.

raj3186
11-30-2007, 03:27 AM
Tracker staff are getting IPs from this site somehow, either they manage to hack it, or FST staff leak them.

:frusty:
This was discussed here at FST a couple of months ago. Just read the thread and change u r opinion

supper
11-30-2007, 03:28 AM

BTW, FST staff has admitted leaking IPs of some users here.thats onther reason and thats what i heard from some ppl here

ibnahmed
11-30-2007, 03:44 AM
i think even if u use a proxy, the still can get your real ip address.

trying to hide his ip when he tradeing or make giveaways

i don't think so...

as for ur question, i have used it for probably 3-7 days. Dunno how but FST was somehow blocked in my pc....so i had to use proxy until someone here gave me link to the thread that explaining the problem and how to fix it.

i doubt that true
they sometimes use it themselves.
some of them are mods in some trackers and they do use it. (i am sure)

Roark
11-30-2007, 03:47 AM

:frusty:
This was discussed here at FST a couple of months ago. Just read the thread and change u r opinion

I've read the thread, and my "opinion" stands.

I put opinion in quotes because there was no opinion in my post. It's a fact FST staff leak some users info, and it's a fact tracker staff have found a way to get posters' IPs here.

Adama
11-30-2007, 03:48 AM
no

KFlint
11-30-2007, 04:11 AM
i really don't understand why someone would do this, except to get a dupe account to scam people maybe??this is could be one of them and plz stop saying why i need this or i cant understand read the whole post and then make ur owen if u like i mentioned the reasons of why ppl doing this more then one time now

i don't ask why you want to know this

it's a poll, we should be able to give our opinion no? ;)

supper
11-30-2007, 04:39 AM
this is could be one of them and plz stop saying why i need this or i cant understand read the whole post and then make ur owen if u like i mentioned the reasons of why ppl doing this more then one time now

i don't ask why you want to know this

it's a poll, we should be able to give our opinion no? ;)sure say ur opinion as u want i cant mind its ur right

masterbat
11-30-2007, 05:37 AM
sometimes am behind a proxy and i do browse FST . but never used any proxy for FST alone ;)

torpark FTW :D

dave12
11-30-2007, 06:00 AM
yes sometimes i use it

t0mmy
11-30-2007, 06:04 AM
i dont use a proxy for FST :D i dont see the need to :whistling

DanielleD87
11-30-2007, 08:22 AM
yes, but i clicked sometimes because when i travel and use random wifi points i don't use a proxy since I'm not transmitting private data here. It is just a standard setup at home.

9NINE
11-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Of course not. Why!!

Fibre
11-30-2007, 05:05 PM
People capable of hacking you will hack you with or without it. :)

LOL :naughty: Yeah.. ;)

yes, but i clicked sometimes because when i travel and use random wifi points i don't use a proxy since I'm not transmitting private data here. It is just a standard setup at home.

You should tunnel your traffic if you're using open wifi.

DanielleD87
12-05-2007, 05:36 AM
it depends if i'm submitting private info or not. usually 'public wifi' means a friends house that isn't really public. public public, is always tunneled, and home is always tunneled to mask my ip not hide the data i'm transferring.

grimms
12-05-2007, 05:39 AM
Nope plan old dymanic ip to access FST.

bazdmeg
12-05-2007, 03:37 PM
yes, because fst give out the ip's...I don't know why make the fst trading section, when the trade not allowed here...and they help bannd their members from trackers...closed the trading section and nobody will make trade
:fst:

supper
12-05-2007, 03:44 PM
yes, because fst give out the ip's...I don't know why make the fst trading section, when the trade not allowed here...and they help bannd their members from trackers...closed the trading section and nobody will make trade
:fst:how did u know if u had not any post in trade section:huh:

bazdmeg
12-05-2007, 03:47 PM
:fst:how did u know if u had not any post in trade section:huh:
supper you never learnd?:):fst:

supper
12-05-2007, 03:51 PM
how did u know if u had not any post in trade section:huh:
supper you never learnd?:):fst:say what?as i said before i had not any account disabled before here so what do u mean by never learned ?

sear
12-05-2007, 04:09 PM

you again you were full of shit when you were posting this rubbish on your other account...what's the matter you scam someone and have to start over :rolleyes:

DefX
12-05-2007, 06:55 PM
i think even if u use a proxy, the still can get your real ip address.

i don't think so...

i doubt that true
they sometimes use it themselves.
some of them are mods in some trackers and they do use it. (i am sure)

People talking out of their asses again I see.

While its true that former bt mods were staff at other trackers at one time, this is not the case anymore. I have never been a staff at any tracker and the same is true with Detale and tralalala afaik.

As far as giving out IP's to trackers, yes, we have on rare occasions given out the IP's of scammers/cheaters here but even then, those are few and far in between. We don't give out your IP just for trading.

As far as using proxy, if you plan to scam/cheat somebody, I suppose thats the way to go.

bazdmeg
12-05-2007, 10:22 PM
As far as giving out IP's to trackers, yes, we have on rare occasions given out the IP's of scammers/cheaters here but even then, those are few and far in between. We don't give out your IP just for trading.

Then please say me why have this situation that somebody open a thread, that he has high level invite to trade, and 20 minutes later he lost their acc??????????? And not use same user and mail here and the tracker.

DefX
12-05-2007, 10:39 PM

Then please say me why have this situation that somebody open a thread, that he has high level invite to trade, and 20 minutes later he lost their acc??????????? And not use same user and mail here and the tracker.

Wake the hell up. Trackers staffs weren't exactly born yesterday.

Let's see, aside from the usual giveaways such as changes in IP, email, etc., there are also ways to get your IP here without FST staff handing them out which I'm not going to elaborate on. I'm also sure there's more to it than the ones I cited above.

The point is, we (FST staff) have better things to do than broadcast the IP of any member here every time they wish to trade an account.

DKre8ive1
12-05-2007, 11:31 PM

Well if you haven't noticed there are only about 3000 to 6000 members on most high level trackers and the invites are not handed out like candy, so you don't have 100's of users signing up a day and that makes it easy to track the new members.

And then it just takes doing some detective work in finding out who the trader is using the examples DefX gave.

Ontopic:
I chose sometimes since it depends on where I am at.

dawsonkm
12-06-2007, 01:01 AM

STFU sh*t happens trading suxs. Pay for axx if you have to do anything. I don't know why anyone would have to do that anyway.

Roark
12-06-2007, 05:50 AM
A better question is how did Brandon get TMZ's IP in this thread: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-brandon-kicked-meh-ftn-invite-trading-255658/page6

Or why posts questioning FST's relationship with FTN are repeatedly deleted.

t0mmy
12-06-2007, 06:02 AM
conspiracies :) im starting to think i need to start using a proxy for fst :(

DefX
12-06-2007, 06:41 AM
I see I'm talking to a brick wall here.

A better question is how did Brandon get TMZ's IP in this thread: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-brandon-kicked-meh-ftn-invite-trading-255658/page6

Try reading my post above. I believe I already addressed this one. Or ask Brandon himself. I'm sure he'll tell you.

Or why posts questioning FST's relationship with FTN are repeatedly deleted.Do you actually have any concrete data to support that claim or did you just pull that out of your magic hat? Unless one of the staffers here have been filling you in on why specific threads are trashed at any given time, you couldn't possibly know the reasons why threads are deleted. The fact of the matter is, I trash any thread that is offensive, inappropriate or without basis.

You folks go on ahead with your conspiracies and proxies if it'll help you sleep better at night.

However, if you have no proof to support your claims, I suggest you stuff it.

Skiz
12-06-2007, 08:19 AM

That is an absolute lie and you know it.

When was our "relationship" ever legitimately questioned by someone with something substantial and not fuckschmuck accusations such as yours?

I'm sure I'm going to get an explanation of the accusation, just waiting for it.

So your story is that FST and FTN are in some sort of cahoots, someone cracked the conspiracy, only you saw it and the thread was deleted by a mod, and no one ever said anything about it?

You really are a sick lying bastard. Do you seriously expect anyone to believe this?

You don't like FST, fair enough, yet you revel in it when you create posts such as the above. Why not leave if you think we're such a corrupt bunch? I tell you what though - I'll do you the favor of expediting your departure if I see you're here simply to stir shit. Future comments of the sort will get you a quick ticket off the forum.

bazdmeg
12-06-2007, 08:38 AM
If I good think in TL have 200000 members. Before they closed the invite system was maybe 150000 member invite. And somebody maked TL invite giveaway, not give invite, only offer, and lost the TL acc at once...:fst::fst:

Roark
12-08-2007, 06:55 AM

That is an absolute lie and you know it.

When was our "relationship" ever legitimately questioned by someone with something substantial and not fuckschmuck accusations such as yours?

I'm sure I'm going to get an explanation of the accusation, just waiting for it.

So your story is that FST and FTN are in some sort of cahoots, someone cracked the conspiracy, only you saw it and the thread was deleted by a mod, and no one ever said anything about it?

You really are a sick lying bastard. Do you seriously expect anyone to believe this?

You don't like FST, fair enough, yet you revel in it when you create posts such as the above. Why not leave if you think we're such a corrupt bunch? I tell you what though - I'll do you the favor of expediting your departure if I see you're here simply to stir shit. Future comments of the sort will get you a quick ticket off the forum.

... A little sensitive are we? I never said I didn't like FST, it's one of my favorite forums because members are generally allowed wide latitude. There have been multiple posts by multiple members deleted referring to that topic. My experience has been posts here are not deleted just because they're filled with, er "fuckschmuck" or most of the forum would cease to exist. The fact that they're deleted is what raises suspicion.

In any case, why not answer the question, how did Brandon get his IP? I'd love for there to be some innocent explanation, but it's hard to explain these and other events away except by leaks or hacks.

DefX
12-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Of course he's a "little sensitive" about all this. You pretty much just questioned our integrity by suggesting that we sell out members here for reasons other than the ones I cited above.

In any case, you're just raising the same issues over and over after I've already addressed them. No point dragging this out. If you're so keen on finding out how Brandon got that precious IP, ask the man himself.