PDA

View Full Version : non-profit seedbox hosting

Submission
12-01-2007, 08:15 PM
I found another forum, kind of like FST but its Malaysian. What they are doing over there is starting up not-for-profit tflux hosting.

For example one guy, has been successful for 8 months. One of the servers is:

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6420
2 GB RAM
1x 500 GB SATA HDD
1000 Mbps Unmetered

I think its an FDC server, but everyone is really happy with stability and speed.

Packages look like:

8GB Diskspace $10
10gb Diskspace $12

The guy has 30 pages of comments and people are renewing so he's making it work by having control of the number of people per server and the fact that there are no profit margin involved.

Any thoughts? Maybe someone could start an FST community thing seeing how so many people are looking for seedboxes nowadays?

integral
07-13-2008, 04:22 AM
Regarding Submission's post, it sounds like a good idea, but there are a lot of people here who would want seedboxes, and it could end up costing a lot of money, especially if it's "not for profit".

Regarding the second post by "wewillhostit," your plans sound decent for someone who wants to seed a few torrents here and there. The unlimited bandwidth sounds good, but as good business practice, I would inform the people the speed they will be getting on these torrents. As well as FTP, I think it's necessary; setting up an FTP account with each torrentflux account shouldn't be that difficult or time-consuming; should be a 5-10 minute affair each time. Other than that you look like a decent host and we'll see, I might even test you guys out once you get your FTP set up :)

Detale
07-13-2008, 05:33 AM
Moved to seedbox discussion forum

maverick_andy
07-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Contacts
General Inbox: [email protected] ([email protected])
CEO - [email protected]

Somewhere I heard this name called brandon :D

Ichigo81
07-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Pics of speeds and info on how many people are on each server would be nice...