PDA

View Full Version : SCT too much for me. How do I handle the upload?

phoenixoflames
12-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Hello all,

I recently made an account in SCT. I bought a 10 GB upload credit. But, unfortunately, I am from a small country and the maximum speed is a 256 kbps DSL connection. So I got a shared flux hosting for $10 a month (i could not afford more). A 1.37 GB sample file downloaded in like 3 minutes. But, the upload for 5 peers is only 11.9 kbps :( . I asked the flux provider and he said that is the problem with SCT and he could not do much.

Now, I need to find out if this is normal or I should try some other cheap shared torrentflux hosts (i don't know of anything else which offer already setup torrentflux though) or should I trade my account for an FTN account or invite? The only thing is that I have already paid 10 Euros for the 10 GB upload credit. My download is one test file of 1.37 GB.

Kindly help me out.

t0mmy
12-01-2007, 09:41 PM
the problem is that most, if not all SCT users have a seedbox, and was the test file healthy as in did it have alot of leechers

start
12-01-2007, 09:45 PM
the problem is that most, if not all SCT users have a seedbox, and was the test file healthy as in did it have alot of leechers

Yeah. I find it hard to even seed with my seedbox. You literally have to jump on a torrent the second it's uploaded for a decent ratio.

phoenixoflames
12-01-2007, 09:46 PM
I had almost zero time to check it. I was all excited to see the download speed. I chose the first file I saw when I went to Browse and pasted the torrent link in the flux admin screen. It was 1% and stuck there. I reloaded the page like 2-3 minutes later and it was done. >.< The same file is having 11 kbps upload with 5 leechers? Now it is 14 kbps with 3 leechers and total of 64 MB done after almost an hour now. This is as bad as my dsl connection. How do people who use seedbox get high speeds? I have a 10 GB limit so I cannot get a lot of torrents on at the same time as well (yeah I forgot - it is max 3 simultaneous torrents as well :( ).

So, I guess the best way for me is to try and get FTN instead of SCT? (Just changed the signature.)

fOrUmAs
12-01-2007, 09:48 PM
well m8 i dont have also seedbox,and i also dont download from there for sometime i only seed there until i get some buffered acc and then i can start to leech something..but probably they will soon have freeleech and maybe with some 2x upload..so will see:)

start
12-01-2007, 09:49 PM
The problem is the people with seedboxes who downloaded the torrent before you are uploading...Now, because they can upload up to 10MB/s, the only reason your uploading 14kbps or whatever is because their upload connection hasn't been maxed out by peers. Thus, the more reason to jump on torrents right away or seed old "popular" files.

kooftspc11
12-01-2007, 09:51 PM
how much did you pay for the 10gb credit?

Qua
12-01-2007, 09:51 PM
And you'll have a hard time getting in other site with sig like that. They are not to big on traders. :)

Polarbear
12-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Hello all,

I recently made an account in SCT. I bought a 10 GB upload credit. But, unfortunately, I am from a small country and the maximum speed is a 256 kbps DSL connection. So I got a shared flux hosting for $10 a month (i could not afford more). A 1.37 GB sample file downloaded in like 3 minutes. But, the upload for 5 peers is only 11.9 kbps :( . I asked the flux provider and he said that is the problem with SCT and he could not do much.

Now, I need to find out if this is normal or I should try some other cheap shared torrentflux hosts (i don't know of anything else which offer already setup torrentflux though) or should I trade my account for an FTN account or invite? The only thing is that I have already paid 10 Euros for the 10 GB upload credit. My download is one test file of 1.37 GB.

Kindly help me out.

why don't you post that on the sct forum? there are users there who can answer ratio questions.

dzturbd
12-01-2007, 09:54 PM
As other people were saying, just jump on new torrents right away then leave them on for a couple days. Certain TV shows and movies always get a lot of leechers. You shouldn't have a problem if you get on those fast enough.

fOrUmAs
12-01-2007, 09:55 PM
well the biggest problem on sct is overseeding and not only on sct on many others sites where is not much leechers that u can seed back what u have downloaded..

it very sad to see sometimes u barely upload 1GB and someusers are over 50-100GB and still seeding

phoenixoflames
12-01-2007, 09:57 PM
how much did you pay for the 10gb credit?

It was 10 Euros.

why don't you post that on the sct forum? there are users there who can answer ratio questions.

Oh, thanks, will do.

And you'll have a hard time getting in other site with sig like that. They are not to big on traders. :)

Oh! There is no better way? :( One moment I was so happy that my friend got me an invite into SCT but now, I just could not feel more sorry for myself. :frusty:

t0mmy
12-01-2007, 09:58 PM
shouldnt feel sorry for yourself, some users are still looking for SCT and its been a while :D

Polarbear
12-01-2007, 09:59 PM

Oh, thanks, will do.

:D that sounded like you just discovered that tracker have forums.

phoenixoflames
12-01-2007, 10:01 PM
shouldnt feel sorry for yourself, some users are still looking for SCT and its been a while :D

I could do nothing with it. :(

If I have to keep purchasing upload credits, that would make it very sad and highly expensive.

Oh, thanks, will do.

lol I just wanted to post here so I will get unbiased opinions. I will post there now too. :)

t0mmy
12-01-2007, 10:03 PM
yeah thats true, shouldnt be have to pay2leech, but as the others have suggested take a look at the more popular torrents, by sorting the torrents out by the number of snatches, and remember their downloading patterns, thats what i do when im trying to improve my torrents :)

moffe
12-01-2007, 10:05 PM

/amen

on a side note, didnt even know you could purchase upload credit, that blows :/

Polarbear
12-01-2007, 10:05 PM
I could do nothing with it. :(

If I have to keep purchasing upload credits, that would make it very sad and highly expensive.

Oh, thanks, will do.

lol I just wanted to post here so I will get unbiased opinions. I will post there now too. :)

you can have a good ratio on sct with your connection. no problem at all. though i hope you are not into hd content.

ask some other members on the tracker they will help you out and give you tips.

or pm staff.

oh no, wait - don't pm staff. they're still busy with people changing their emails :lol:

t0mmy
12-01-2007, 10:08 PM

/amen

you can purchase credits or invites :) for many euros

phoenixoflames
12-01-2007, 10:10 PM
/amen

Yeah, true that. :dabs:

moffe
12-01-2007, 10:22 PM

yeah, knew about the invites - which is also a royal brainfart imo! Especially considering the huge amount they exceed the bills with, but oh well - aint my money! :dry:

zxcv
12-01-2007, 11:09 PM
I think(not sure) that rss option it's to download the torrent as fast as it's released... at least in some trackers... don't know if it's possible in sct.

whiteboy
12-01-2007, 11:47 PM
yes rss is a good idea

YeahImScT
12-01-2007, 11:53 PM
If you have slow upspeed there are two great threads on the ScT forum, subforum "Tutorials". Have a look

jr56
12-02-2007, 01:24 AM
it very sad to see sometimes u barely upload 1GB and someusers are over 50-100GB and still seeding

Overseeding sucks indeed, i'm having these same problems :(

digitalism
12-02-2007, 12:17 PM

Overseeding sucks indeed, i'm having these same problems :(

I like overseeders - I get my files quickly

Zeus
12-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Why would you waste your money on buying upload and on crappy shared tflux accounts just to try and survive at a site. If you dont have the speed then just use another site. There are better things to spend your money on you know. If you must throw it away it on filesharing then might as well pay for newsgroups. ScT isnt for everyone and if you dont have a fast pipe then it doesnt have that much more to offer you than you can find elsewhere.

kostnkost
12-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Just download 1 or 2 parts of the file and seed the shit out of them, and not the entire file.;)

Thats what I do when I first start out at a new tracker.

masterbat
12-02-2007, 01:01 PM
ask yourself , why the hell do i have to go through all these troubles when i can get the same releases from other easy to seed sites like Torrentleech ?

unfortunately, I am from a small country and the maximum speed is a 256 kbps DSL connection

i think its better to download from public trackers for you , all scene releases are available in public trackers maybe an hour or two after its available in SCT

TriviuM
12-02-2007, 04:27 PM
must be honest i dont have a seedbox but i have good upload connection and if i didng t have that i wud e lost on sct as they have tons of members with seedboxes and its tricky with smaller connections, hope you find a solution dude

Dr_Green_Thumb
12-02-2007, 04:33 PM
download releases from public trackers or TL and then go to the same release at SCT after you download it and click on the link it will start seeding at SCT without having to download it. You can build up a ratio then start using you account more. Try to keep the torrent seeding as long as you can at SCT because people will download it long after it has been released. Hope this helps and good luck

Polarbear
12-02-2007, 04:42 PM
download releases from public trackers or TL and then go to the same release at SCT after you download it and click on the link it will start seeding at SCT without having to download it. You can build up a ratio then start using you account more. Try to keep the torrent seeding as long as you can at SCT because people will download it long after it has been released. Hope this helps and good luck

i disagree with this method. you should download your torrents from the tracker.

sct already is overseeded.

the more people don't download from the tracker, the worse it gets.

if you want warez from sct, download them there.

downloading them at another tracker will only increase the vicious circle of overseeding.

tracker really should demand a certain amount of downloads from the user.

hdbits is an excellent example how it can be done.

YeahImScT
12-02-2007, 05:54 PM
tracker really should demand a certain amount of downloads from the user.

This has been discussed before, but the users didn't like the idea. so in the spirit of democracy it didn't happen.

Vidde
12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Wait till they do a freeleech with 2x upload, I have no idea when they'll have that, my guess would've been around xmas, but I don't know anymore. The staffers looks kinda upset with the whining about fl in the forums (which I totally understand)

Anyway, if or when they're running a fl, their ammount of peers explodes, so "regular" users like yourself with a thin pipe can even get some of those bits 'n bytes ;)

If you wanna be really smart, you can search around for ppl who wants to split a seedbox with you, I promise you'll get at least 5-600GB buffer if you do. I buffered my acc with almost 400GB on -one night- about a year ago with a fast connection, when they had freeleech with packs.

Good luck!
-Vidde

yayyyyyy
12-02-2007, 11:04 PM

without those ppl on 100mbit/gbit links that can uploads hundreds of gigs/day others would have to wait days to finish the files due to slow seeders :)

j0hn
12-03-2007, 12:00 AM

Oh, thanks, will do.

u'll probably just get flamed for doing that. not because the community there is like that, but because there 10 threads a day made like that. i'd recommend using the forum search function before posting, as u should doo on any forum.

theres also a bunch of tutorials on seeding there.

Lizard King
12-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Just dont use sct. With your seedbox you can make easly nice buffer at TL. Tl ias almost so good as sct. If you really want use sct wait for freeleech and 2x or 3x upload. I made more than 1tb upload with cheap seedbox.
There is big chance there will be freeleech at christmas

bikernin
12-03-2007, 12:42 AM
dont feel bad m8. im in the same boat as you. 256 k upload. what i did is get some torrents from other sites e.g COD4. its seeding at like 10-15 KBps. but ill keep it on for a week and get a nice lil buffer. keep doin that with all the major releases and you should be fine in a month or 2.
as a rule..i only dload rare xvids or stuff i dont get elsewhere from sct. everything else is available for freeleech on so many sites

Papps78
12-03-2007, 03:31 AM
What torrent flux did you get?

Grind$oFine
12-03-2007, 03:53 AM
Can someone here help me explain partial seeding in uTorrent?

I have only used Azurues and Transmission enough to know how to do these things off the top of my head...

bleh29
12-03-2007, 05:10 AM
Partial seeding in uTorrent is pretty simple. Basically, you just add the torrent file and check one or two rars and download/seed them.

Ghost+Rider
12-03-2007, 05:15 AM
Sct accs are not for downloading,They are for enjoying the community if u have low speeds,If u get a 10 Gb up credit just download a few bytes every month to keep the acc active and enjoy the shit :D

Edit:90%of the ppl who seed the stuff thru seedbox don't download it to their PC cuz they have limited seedbox bandwith
Just download regular stuff from TL and other sites and keep SCT for fun...

fsephie
12-03-2007, 05:24 AM
Sct accs are not for downloading,They are for enjoying the community if u have low speeds,If u get a 10 Gb up credit just download a few bytes every month to keep the acc active and enjoy the shit :D

Edit:90%of the ppl who seed the stuff thru seedbox don't download it to their PC cuz they have limited seedbox bandwith
Just download regular stuff from TL and other sites and keep SCT for fun...

That's kind of a scary thought, a tracker whose primary function is unusable to those who don't pay. I second what the guy above this last post said about partial seeding. Just keep doing that to get some buffer and then download what you want in the mean time. It requires a little bit more attention than you might be used to giving, but in the end you will get into the habit and be good to go.

Polarbear
12-03-2007, 05:37 AM
would you please stop telling people not to download from sct?!

of course you can download from sct. that's what the tracker is for.

go and leech!

it's easy to keep a 1:1 ratio there with a home connection. just keep seeding.

the tracker doesn't need any seeding help or partial seeders. there are enough seeders.

stop crying and download.

if people would dl more it would be easier for everyone.

you don't need buffers or high ratios. help the tracker by leeching, that's why you are there.

Ghost+Rider
12-03-2007, 05:50 AM
@ Above two posts

I didn't mean to say Stop downloading for all or any shit like that,I meant to say that if u have slow connection y the hell download and seed with a crappy 10 Kb/s when u already have almost everyone on a 100 Mbit seedbox
u can see most of the guys with SB don't waste their bandwith on downloading stuff from SB to PC,This has been adviced a millions of times in the BT section

@Partial Seeding
Even if u download only 100 Mb outta 1.4 Gigs then u can't upload like The guyz who have the complete downloaded file,U will still get crappy upload speed cuz u can only hover upon the peer bandwith that Comes from the partially downloaded Data
Partial seeding may be much useful in case when u have stable upload speed and u grab some files from a very big pack say 40 Gb or So

And above all therez too much hype only,May be if 90% users are on seedbox at SCT i can surely say that 90% of them don't download stuff from seedbox to PC wasting the shit bandwith

It has also been discussed at SCT forums and most of the peeps agree that they stream videos videos on seedbox or download from regular downloading sites seperately...

masterbat
12-03-2007, 05:56 AM
just leech the hell out of it and try seeding back . if you fail to seedback your account gets disabled . big deal . find another 0day tracker

:D

Grind$oFine
12-03-2007, 06:05 AM
With partial seeding, you don't get a higher upload speed, but you get a higher ratio per torrent when you use that method.

Getting a 10.5 ratio on something smaller will help your ratio out a lot more than getting .7 on something huge even if you don't get as much uploaded.

And Polarbear, what you say is ideal, but it will never happen. Not with ratios and not with so many users with different speeds. Telling him to leech is just going to screw him over. Everyone on the site would have to follow that, and some people would start to fall behind because of the seedboxes and the cycle would start again. There should be rules against excessive seeding if anything.

fsephie
12-03-2007, 06:10 AM
Also, if you really can't find a way to seed back properly and are looking at paying for upload credit, I would honestly suggest using usenet instead. For the 30 dollars you would pay for upload credit (remember, a finite amount!) you could purchase a top usenet account with unlimited transfer and 20 connections from giganews. Looking at the usenet section of this forum, there are scene release nzb's being posted almost as soon as they are up on trackers. And if you don't know what an nzb is, then I'm sure they will help out :). If you want to stay at SCT for the community, so be it. But if you are going to pay to leech, at least do it in a way that benefits YOU.

EDIT: Sorry Skizo, fixed :).

Skiz
12-03-2007, 06:14 AM
Also, if you really can't find a way to seed back properly and are looking at paying for upload credit, I would honestly suggest using use.net instead. For the 30 dollars you would pay for upload credit (remember, a finite amount!) you could purchase a top usenet account with unlimited transfer and 20 connections from giganews. Looking at the usenet section of this forum, there are scene release nzb's being posted almost as soon as they are up on trackers. And if you don't know what an nzb is, then I'm sure they will help out :). If you want to stay at SCT for the community, so be it. But if you are going to pay to leech, at least do it in a way that benefits YOU.

What is "use.net"? :huh:

fsephie
12-03-2007, 06:15 AM
Fixed it for you.

fazzy07
12-03-2007, 06:31 AM
ScT is know for its pre times and speed but seeding can be hard

My suggestion is to download only popular stuff from sct when it comes out and for all other stuff get it from somewhere else

Xtremist
12-03-2007, 02:07 PM
are ya the guy who has been Pming all the members of a particu;ar country asking them to help???

jesper12345
12-03-2007, 04:30 PM
use check4change... itīs a lifesaver if you have poor connection :)