PDA

View Full Version : NBA Thread

climacus
12-01-2007, 11:05 PM
I see that there is no NBA thread in this section. So, are there any fans from outside the USA? What is your favourite team and are you succeeding in getting to watch some games?

Busyman™
12-02-2007, 04:06 AM
I'm in the USA and just got back from Verizon Center.

My Wizards beat the Raptors.

Sent them back to Canada losers.:yup:

Earl "The Pearl" Monroe's jersey was retired and we celebrated the 10th year anniversary of the Verizon Center.

It was a great night.

t0mmy
12-02-2007, 07:01 AM
omg finally, i was wondering if there was nba threads on FST :D, i go for houston rockets, and i dont get to regularly watch their games cause ESPN choose to only host cavs and spurs games for some reason.. man i hate them :(

how does everyone feel about the celtics or will the spurs repeat :)

helsing
12-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Orlando fan for a loooooooooong time. Finally they are having a great season. But more important, they are playing like a team. Its not just about howard, everyone contributes, sometimes nelson, sometimes lewis, and even turkoglu. I hope they will get to the finals, if not this year, then in the next few years for sure. GOOO Orlando.

dave12
12-02-2007, 01:27 PM
i like LA LAKERS but i dont watch NBA that much now

kirktrix
12-02-2007, 02:00 PM
I like Basketball and regularly check what's happening in the NBA...I have many to teams choose but this season i hope Phoenix Suns will get the ring....

It is too early to predict but i think Phoenix suns and Boston Celtics will make it to the finals....:)

helsing
12-02-2007, 02:16 PM
I dont see anyone who can beet San Antonio in the west, so i see them in the finals, but in the east there will be a battle between boston, cleveland, detroit and orlando, i hoped chicago would be better this season, but they are struggling.

t0mmy
12-03-2007, 11:08 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/49504/20071202/duncan_leaves_game_with_apparent_knee_injury/

:( duncan goes down, and doesnt return for the whole game.. hope its nothing to serious, he is a crucial members of the spurs

helsing
12-03-2007, 10:17 PM
they say its nothing serious :) http://www.nba.com/nba_news/duncan_inj_071204.html

jetje
12-06-2007, 08:23 AM
2 times a week i can watch a game, and there are several nba -action programs with highlights of most of the games every week.

i like the teams with pointguards as stars. Like the Nets with Jason Kid and Phoenix suns with Steve Nash. I also like the playing style from Jason Williams, but since he moved to the heat he's becoming a more 'styled and structured' PG and the funfactor is less. Maybe he's more effective for the team now but i liked the genuis unconventional style wich he entered the NBA over the disciplined style he's playing now.

helsing
12-06-2007, 11:25 PM
I also like the playing style from Jason Williams, but since he moved to the heat he's becoming a more 'styled and structured' PG and the funfactor is less. Maybe he's more effective for the team now but i liked the genuis unconventional style wich he entered the NBA over the disciplined style he's playing now.

He is playing pretty bad now in the Heat, they all depend on how Wade is playing. I think they will get very very hard in the playoffs this year, probably they won't.

t0mmy
12-07-2007, 02:39 PM
jason williams is still a great player :) but i love the vintage jason williams, he was so good :D

i can pretty much watch all the games i want :D with the nba league pass :)

and who do you guys think will make the playoffs this year? my guesses for the east are boston, orlando, detroit, cleveland, chicago(come on they've got to get to their form from last season sooner or later), toronto, indiana and either milwaukee or new jersey and for the west are spurs, pheonix, dallas, utah, hornets, rockets, denver, lakers/warriors

well its just who i think could make it to the playoffs

rmartin
12-08-2007, 11:21 PM
The Lakers are my favorite team, but I'm not paying much attention these days because it looks like it's going to be a
very long time before they are contenders again.

godfather00
12-09-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm from Poland... I like Cleveland Cavaliers and my favourite player is LeBron James... I don't have any NBA TV, or CANAL+, i'm watching games on computer :D

B-BALL 4 EVER :happy:

ChampJulius
12-09-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm from Poland... I like Cleveland Cavaliers and my favourite player is LeBron James... I don't have any NBA TV, or CANAL+, i'm watching games on computer :D

B-BALL 4 EVER :happy:

Interesting, you usually don't see too many Polish people being fans of the NBA.

grimms
12-11-2007, 05:08 AM
Celtics are really bringing it this year with are triple threat, Pierce, Garnett, and Allen. Whoooa!!!

Touareg
12-11-2007, 01:23 PM
I see that there is no NBA thread in this section. So, are there any fans from outside the USA? What is your favourite team and are you succeeding in getting to watch some games?

of course , my favorite is heat :D

kirktrix
12-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Celtics are really bringing it this year with are triple threat, Pierce, Garnett, and Allen. Whoooa!!!

They start the season good....we will see if they still manage to win if they face the western team like San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix....but they are the team to beat in Eastern Conference...

jetje
12-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Saw Houston vs Toronto a few days ago. The Rockets should easily be a contender for the title. But what i don't get is that a coach allows his starplayer (T-Mac) to play the entire game on his own. It seems the guy doesn't know there are 4 more players in the court with a Houston shirt... Really unbelievable. If the coach doesn't correct that kind of behaviour the rockets will strugle even to get into the playoffs. So much waste of talent. If he gets mcgrady to play for the team, they will be a force to reckon with.

My predicted final: Celtics vs Suns

IceTee
12-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Just saw Miami vs Phoenix last night.... GREAT game!

helsing
12-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Saw Houston vs Toronto a few days ago. The Rockets should easily be a contender for the title. But what i don't get is that a coach allows his starplayer (T-Mac) to play the entire game on his own. It seems the guy doesn't know there are 4 more players in the court with a Houston shirt... Really unbelievable. If the coach doesn't correct that kind of behaviour the rockets will strugle even to get into the playoffs. So much waste of talent. If he gets mcgrady to play for the team, they will be a force to reckon with.

Completely two different halfs from the Rockets, first half, great play, a lot of actions and assists, the second half it all disappeared, no motion offense, nothing. Their coach is pretty bad, i dont like his style of coacing, with no trained plays in the offense, only a lot of running, and when you get the ball just shoot.

grimms
12-15-2007, 11:09 AM
What about them Celtics boy! We crushing them. Beantown represent.

ripper98
12-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Does anyone know where one can find a lot of nba games [full games not clips] for download. Don't get much nba coverage in my place.

jetje
12-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Does anyone know where one can find a lot of nba games [full games not clips] for download. Don't get much nba coverage in my place.

Usenet has a lot of games, pretty much right after they're finished. Most of it posted in the alt.binaries.multimedia group. :shifty:

t0mmy
12-22-2007, 05:18 AM
i have a link where you can watch all the recent nba games :) league pass hint hint.. :P just pm me if ur interested

Busyman™
12-22-2007, 07:48 PM
I watched a nice game between the 20 - 2 Celtics and the Detroit Pistons.

Chauncey wins the game with .1 seconds left with a pump fake getting Tony Allen in the air. He won cuz Allen fouled him.

2 foul shots - game over.

It was the Celts first home loss. Those were two damn good teams battling down to the wire.

My Wizards just lost 2 in a row.:(

t0mmy
12-30-2007, 08:40 AM
the celts are going hard this seasons, well it expected them to, rox finally win some games :( lets hope it carries on, bloody mcgrady

maebach
12-31-2007, 04:25 AM
raps are 15-15. not as well as I hoped for them to be

Mooby
01-01-2008, 01:21 AM
the celts are going hard this seasons, well it expected them to

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised. I expected them to be decent, but not this good this fast. Paul Pierce is playing far better than I thought he would.

t0mmy
01-01-2008, 10:13 AM
yeah true Mooby, most people didnt expect them to gel that quickly, 3 superstars complimenting each other perfectly, now if they only had a good centre...