PDA

View Full Version : Goldman sues Web site over Simpson book

hangemhigh
12-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Fri Nov 30, 8:12 AM ET

LOS ANGELES - Ronald Goldman's father is taking legal action to stop a file-sharing Web site from posting O.J. Simpson's book, "If I Did It," about the slaying of his son and Simpson's ex-wife.

Fred Goldman, who has the rights to the best-selling book, claims he has lost at least $150,000 since the popular Swedish site The Pirate Bay made the book available for free downloads, according to the lawsuit filed Thursday in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071130/ap_en_ot/simpson_goldman

Alien5
12-02-2007, 01:16 AM
theres a news section for news ...but nobody reads it anyway.

t0mmy
12-02-2007, 01:18 AM
it does have a little sense about bitorrent, and once again pirate bay got targeted :P

dzturbd
12-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Oh please.... If he really loved his son he would have never had the book published in the first place. Greed =/

LoKaLiRi
12-02-2007, 01:39 AM
it must be in News Section not here :D not related to Bittorrent any way

iNSOMNiA
12-02-2007, 03:43 AM
theres a news section for news ...but nobody reads it anyway. i do read them.. once a month :happy:

deathking81
12-02-2007, 03:45 AM
It's almost completley related to bittorrent, TPB is being sued. . .

t0mmy
12-02-2007, 03:46 AM
hehe i dont even look at the frontpage, the forums home page is where its bookmarked for me :whistling

misledhope
12-02-2007, 03:53 AM
hes gonna be out alot more in the process of attempting to sue them.

TheFoX
12-02-2007, 04:46 AM
Fred Goldman, who has the rights to the best-selling book, claims he has lost at least $150,000 since the popular Swedish site The Pirate Bay made the book available for free downloads

I'm sorry, but what has TPB got to do with Mr. Goldman mislaying $150,000.

On a more realistic note, why should anyone profit from the death of someone else?

Stellar
12-02-2007, 05:05 AM
[...] since the popular Swedish site The Pirate Bay made the book available for free downloads, according to the lawsuit filed Thursday in Los Angeles County Superior Court.lolwut

The media is making The Pirate Bay seem like one of those sites that posts direct links to files. For example: the blogs that link to mp3 files.

Anyone with half a brain can search for the book using Google. Seriously, I just found it right now using simple search terms. I won't link to the search though. :lol:
He should try to sue Google too and see how that goes.
Suing TPB will accomplish nothing--the book will still be floating around the internet until the end of time. Once something is on the internet, there is little chance you will remove all trace of it.

New rule: learn how the internet works before you sue a BitTorrent site.

hangemhigh
12-02-2007, 07:56 AM
to all you that disagree with my posting in this section...
why weren't you complaining when the "news" about oink
was posted in this section?..... hypocrites!
the pirate bay 'is' BITTORENT related....thank you.