PDA

View Full Version : best newshosting around

marcolisi
12-02-2007, 04:02 AM
Hello guys,
in your opinion , which is the best newshosting offer around?

I do not care if it is expensive , but I care that is:

1) superfast
2)as much retantion possible
3)unlimited amount of gb to download per month

thank u

rippinitup4fun
12-02-2007, 04:17 AM
If you do not care about price then the obvious is Giganews. They have the Longest retention in the business, offer unlimited download accounts, and as far as speed goes I don't know i get giganews access through my ISP *BUT only 4 connections* so I am lucky to see half my normal speeds, but buying direct through them *they give you 10-20 connections* and from what I have read you will max your line. They offer 10 GB trial accounts to test out so you can check out the speed yourself, but as far as everything else they are the best.

Have a look:
http://www.giganews.com/?a=fst

Broken
12-02-2007, 04:41 AM
No one will dispute that Giganews is the king of Usenet providers. The have the longest retention, highest completion levels, highest data integrity levels, least amount of downtime (NONE), and best speeds.

They are also the most expensive by far. Twice the price of most other providers.

jmagar
12-02-2007, 05:34 AM
No one will dispute that Giganews is the king of Usenet providers. The have the longest retention, highest completion levels, highest data integrity levels, least amount of downtime (NONE), and best speeds.

They are also the most expensive by far. Twice the price of most other providers.

Well worth the price though, tbh.

Broken
12-02-2007, 05:51 AM

Well worth the price though, tbh.

Yes, they are. I use them too.

start
12-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Giganews, hands down.

Neoworld
12-02-2007, 08:57 AM
If you don't care about cost -Giganews
If you do care about cost NGroups.Net (After 4 months still no problems. Even with SSL)

lukaz
12-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Have to agree with Neoworld, Giganews if money is no problem and NGroups if you want to go a bit cheaper.

OmaRin0
12-02-2007, 11:53 AM
i have NewsDemon with 20 connection + unlimited download and it always max out my dl speed
i think it's the best

marcolisi
12-03-2007, 05:48 AM
thank u guys
tx

digitrifecta
12-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Tis true Giganews is the creme de la creme of Usenet providers, but I really like UsenetServer, I have been with them for over a year and here is why, (they charge a fair price offer better support) - check it out:

UsenetServer
Free SSL connection on all plans
101 day retention - All I really need
Free Nzb search engine/ generator - Global Search
10 Connections
Live Support 24/7
Price: $14.95
http://www.usenetserver.com/?agent=filesharingtalk

Giganews
SSL connections - for $5.00 extra
200 day retention
No Nzb search engine/ generator
20 Connections
Email Support only
Price: $29.99
http://www.giganews.com/?a=fst

MultiForce
12-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Giganews ftw!

Used them for 2 years. Never had down time and maxed out all the 4 different ISP's I have been with.

mbucari1
12-04-2007, 09:08 AM
I use giganews too. A lot of the stuff I DL is older than 100 days, so usenetserver wouldn't cut it. I have the diamond package too so all data traffic is encrypted with 256 bit ssl. It gives me piece of mind for $5 / month extra and doesn't slow the speed one bit. Actually, My theoretical download speed according to my isp is 6mbps, but i consistently get 6.5mbps with giganews. Will completely max out your connection guaranteed.

And as mentioned before, completion is top notch!

x34
12-07-2007, 12:49 AM
i use newshosting NEVER had any problems

Fibre
12-10-2007, 02:27 AM
Giganews :)

http://usenet-news.net/ for block accounts.

..:: c.R ::..
12-10-2007, 10:46 AM
i've been using Giganews since '02 and have been a loyal fan all this time. i use seperate providers though for uploading content, Giganews will block your account if some one reports you; it's happened to me before. But they do have the best retention, speed, and to me, $30 a month is nothing compared to what i'm accessing.

Good luck with your choice.