PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox help

ibi23
12-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Hi guys.
Ive heard people here talking about seedboxes much.
I know the concept, but dont want to subscribe cause i dont know how the things work...
i subscribe and then what...?
maybe that was written before, but i didnt find it...
anyway thanx for help.

t0mmy
12-02-2007, 08:43 AM
well ive heard that if you have a windows server, if would just be like your desktop computer, and i think its much easier then using a linux box

d7thsign
12-02-2007, 09:41 AM
yah windows server it way easier that linux boxes but much expensive because of licensing issue. . .

just try to rent a server with windows os on it. . .and after you recieve the ip and the password its like eating candy from there. . . just connect through RDP (remote desktop protocol) and you will how easy it is. . . trust me on this . . .

ibi23
12-02-2007, 10:00 AM
yah windows server it way easier that linux boxes but much expensive because of licensing issue. . .

just try to rent a server with windows os on it. . .and after you recieve the ip and the password its like eating candy from there. . . just connect through RDP (remote desktop protocol) and you will how easy it is. . . trust me on this . . .

Which one do you reccomend?
Do i need RDP software?
thanx

ibi23
12-02-2007, 10:04 AM

Which one do you reccomend?
Do i need RDP software?
thanx

d7thsign
12-02-2007, 11:27 AM
server with windows if you have extra money to pay for the windows OS. . . by the way it cost around like 25$ for the windows server 2003. . .

if your PC is windows xp its already installed just got to Start > All Programs > Accesories > Communications > RDP

then just type in your server ip address username and password, voila your connected. . . then download utorrent, filezilla for FTP, and a socks server if you want to use the ip of your server for surfing anonymously :) and you can use it too if your ip is banned from a certain tracker :D . .

jr56
12-02-2007, 11:28 AM
RDP is included in windows xp and windows vista. Check in the start menu under Accessories / Communications

JA
12-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Ok. You "subscribe" or "Rent" a server. Which server you rent, it up to you. Of course, the better cost the merrier so thats totally up to you. But they all share the same principle.

You are given an information about the box. If its windows (I only have experience with windows), then you can simply log in via Remote desktop Connection, and set up Utorrent, Mozilla, Filezilla, and all the other stuff you need.

Basically in simple terms, you are renting a "better" computer, than the one you have infront of you.

d7thsign
12-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Ok. You "subscribe" or "Rent" a server. Which server you rent, it up to you. Of course, the better cost the merrier so thats totally up to you. But they all share the same principle.

You are given an information about the box. If its windows (I only have experience with windows), then you can simply log in via Remote desktop Connection, and set up Utorrent, Mozilla, Filezilla, and all the other stuff you need.

Basically in simple terms, you are renting a "better" computer, than the one you have infront of you.

Acutally my PC is better than im renting now coz im on quad core and the one im renting is just dual core . . . the only difrence os my ISP sucks. . .well what would you expect from a third world country. . . :)

JA
12-02-2007, 11:37 AM

Acutally my PC is better then im renting now coz im on quad core and the one im renting is just dual core . . . the only difrence os my ISP sucks. . .well what would you expect from a third world country. . . :)
Yeh thats what i mean sorry.

The ISP > Your current ISP.

OFC your home PC will probally rape the server's specs, but then again the speeds > yours :)

ibi23
12-02-2007, 12:08 PM
So which server do you recommend for 1st use?
Does it have to be utorrent webui?
Thanx

jr56
12-03-2007, 05:01 AM

It doesn't HAVE to be utorrent but utorrent is light on resources and stable.

You can run any client of your choice of course as long as it's compatible with the operating system you are running.

Fibre
12-03-2007, 05:18 PM
So which server do you recommend for 1st use?
Thanx

Windows VPS?

http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/27/64/