PDA

View Full Version : Weird ScT problem.. Anyone having the same thing?

tralalala
12-02-2007, 01:34 PM
I log in, then all I get is a blank white page (on FF, Avant gives me an unauthorized page). ried clearing cache and cookies.. Not much help.

Any idea what to do? (tried https as well, didn't help either).

GigaGiga
12-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Yea, same here

Polarbear
12-02-2007, 01:40 PM
are you two from the same country?

jasperr
12-02-2007, 01:42 PM
no issues here... ???

Pirate
12-02-2007, 01:43 PM
from what i hear sct banned Israeli ips .

GigaGiga
12-02-2007, 01:43 PM
yes i'm from israel .. maybe they blocked us?
so sad...

Polarbear
12-02-2007, 01:44 PM
.il is blackholed afaik

fOrUmAs
12-02-2007, 01:45 PM
No problem here working fine

Pirate
12-02-2007, 01:46 PM
They banned Israeli ips and another country but i can't remember it .

tralalala
12-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Fuck no they banned Israeli IP's?! Jeez.. if so, things are gonna get dirty..

Polarbear
12-02-2007, 01:47 PM
you can contact them in the irc support channel and they might unban you.

would become difficult if you have dynamic ip though.

OmaRin0
12-02-2007, 01:48 PM
OMG i can't believe that they banned Israel ips!!!!! noooooooooooooooooooooooo

tralalala
12-02-2007, 01:50 PM
That's the problem I have a dynamic one.. That's why I haven't been using BitmeTV for ages.. This is simply out of order.. How can I contact them? What's the IRC channel?

Kwejk
12-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm not a member on ScT but I read on a Polish BT Forum, that if your country was banned (ISR and PL) you have to go to the ScT IRC channel, wait till some op will voice you and then if your stats are ok and you are not a cheater, you will be unbanned. :)

EDIT
Dynamic IP shouldnt be a problem - they just unban the whole range. For example I can access tke start page of ScT, so someone from my range was unbaned. :)

kirktrix
12-02-2007, 01:53 PM
heres the irc:
irc.sc***t*******.org (irc://irc.scenetorrents.org)
#sct.support

Polarbear
12-02-2007, 01:54 PM
#sct.support

edit: sorry for the dp, others are faster.

f@flot
12-02-2007, 02:00 PM
I can't login too,from israel.:(

Shit!

start
12-02-2007, 02:05 PM
They banned Poland and Israel because of too many cheaters.

tralalala
12-02-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm in the IRC, but can't talk (i need +v), can't get it.. No idea what to do about this.

Polarbear
12-02-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm in the IRC, but can't talk (i need +v), can't get it.. No idea what to do about this.

sct staff is very helpful. i'm sure they will unban you.

Kwejk
12-02-2007, 02:07 PM
You have to wait in a queue until an op gives you voice.

tralalala
12-02-2007, 02:09 PM

That's brill but whenever I type a message in the IRC client it says I need voice (+v), meaning they probably can't see what I'm writing, and I can't see what they are writing.. So what can be done about this?

EDIT: @Kwejk: gotcha.. so I'll wait.

start
12-02-2007, 02:10 PM
That's because the channel is moderated (+m), you have to wait for voice before asking your question.

ekk3123
12-02-2007, 02:12 PM
if it's a 403 error then ou are banned. if it's a 404 then it's the server. you pick. i got 200 wich meens that it's all good for sweden!

predateur
12-02-2007, 03:21 PM
same here :P i use proxy and i am fine, but i didnt tried to donwload yet , do you think its safe for the account if you download from an banned ip ?

ekk3123
12-02-2007, 04:33 PM
same here :P i use proxy and i am fine, but i didnt tried to donwload yet , do you think its safe for the account if you download from an banned ip ?

if you are using a webproxys och a tunnel from a allowed contry, then there would be no problems log in or download. If they allow proxy users. but i think they do.

OmaRin0
12-02-2007, 04:43 PM

the problem is that there is like ~200 other user in queue for receiving +v.. this will take too much time :(:wacko:

kyrcer
12-02-2007, 05:34 PM
That's brill but whenever I type a message in the IRC client it says I need voice (+v), meaning they probably can't see what I'm writing, and I can't see what they are writing.. So what can be done about this?

You can have dynamic ip but this is not important and not a problem.

Just wait to get +v maybe they asked you about your broadband speed or not.

Be patient. :)

YeahImScT
12-02-2007, 05:50 PM

the problem is that there is like ~200 other user in queue for receiving +v.. this will take too much time :(:wacko:

and there's 3 ops working, most of the cases are just a simple matter of "what's your username" and then "welcome back". it wont take that long

master-D
12-02-2007, 07:02 PM
well i waited for about an hour but it was worth it :D

they unbanned my ip :lol:

tralalala
12-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Ditto.. I'm just worried about what happens if and when my IP changes..

LoKaLiRi
12-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Working here fine :( so bad to Ban Israel's IP

Vagaz
12-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Well god, what do you think happens if you put 150 israeli and polish people in the same chatroom? Yeah, the +m is there for a reason. As I said earlier in another thread, both countries are completely banned (.il has been actually been signup banned for 2 years now..). When you join irc, wait for your turn and get +v you'll get your account sorted (or not..). Please don't bother if you've cheated. We'll know and you'll just embarrass yourself :)

Saroman
12-03-2007, 04:29 AM
Ditto.. I'm just worried about what happens if and when my IP changes..

Even when IPs are dynamic, they dont change by huge margin.. The general IP is noticeable so even if it changes.. wont affect that much :)

Ghost+Rider
12-03-2007, 05:06 AM
Y do every site ban israeli ips,Bitmetv Bitme and Now sct wtf!

dragos
12-03-2007, 05:15 AM
Y do every site ban israeli ips,Bitmetv Bitme and Now sct wtf!

they cheat as often as you and i breathe

JA
12-03-2007, 05:18 AM
Isreal + Poland are banned afaik.

Grind$oFine
12-03-2007, 06:11 AM
Why would certain countries have a tendency to cheat more? Lack of decent ISP speeds or just something in the water?

Saroman
12-03-2007, 06:16 AM
More often than not lack of decent ISP speeds... Noone likes to risk thier account just for fun ;) :P

dragos
12-03-2007, 06:16 AM
Why would certain countries have a tendency to cheat more? Lack of decent ISP speeds or just something in the water?

lack of decent ISP and lack of brain matter. If any user with shity ISP would cheat ...

Ghost+Rider
12-03-2007, 06:27 AM

lack of decent ISP and lack of brain matter. If any user with shity ISP would cheat ...

lol thtz way too much now we are talking abt the whole community so u can't use words like that....

Polarbear
12-03-2007, 06:40 AM
it's not only the lack of isp with good speeds. there are lots of countries with low speeds that have very few cheaters.

cheaters are just lazy people who don't want to waste any time in seeding back.

the figures show, that there are countries with a high cheating culture. this has nothing to do with any predjudices against those countries.

it's just a fact.

online gambling sites and online game sites always block the same countries. it's not only torrent trackers.

when you compare the numbers of members to the number of cheaters in one country and find out, that it's over 50% bad users, you blackhole filter the whole range.

much easier and less work than ban single ips.

honest and good users of those countries are the losers. but don't blame the tracker, blame the cheater.

stitched
12-03-2007, 07:03 AM

well a more nicer thing to do ,for a change would be ...to help people from their country by,giving them some kind of bonus like a +10 gb initially and ask them to maintian a good ratio...if not every site...i am sure sct can afford to be generous once in a while after all its 10 euros...atleast most of them would stop cheating....cheating is like stealing...,they do it when
1>they feel left out from the crowd
2>when they r greedy for more
in most of the cases its the feeling of being leftout or being looked down by someone else which usually makes people cheat/steal ,banning them wont change anything....making them realise what they did was bad might change sumthing...but the problem is everyone who could make the difference, is too buzy in their own world living their dream life with fancy speed and not even care how come one would feel when some arrogant and ignorant ass would say some thing like" lack of decent ISP and lack of brain matter. If any user with shity ISP would cheat .." which would actually hurt a a lot of people....when u make a statement like that it implies u consider yourself superior to everyone else or u consider every one else inferior to you ...there is always bigger and better people in this world and its NEVER YOU
...before you make a stament like that^ you should seriously think twice.....

Grind$oFine
12-03-2007, 07:10 AM
well a more nicer thing to do ,for a change would be ...to help people from their country by,giving them some kind of bonus like a +10 gb initially and ask them to maintian a good ratio...

My speed sucks, too, but I live in the US, do I get 10GB of upload credit?

stitched
12-03-2007, 07:18 AM
well a more nicer thing to do ,for a change would be ...to help people from their country by,giving them some kind of bonus like a +10 gb initially and ask them to maintian a good ratio...

really how bad is the speed in us...5/10 mbps
well there r countries where the speed is a lot lower.......and i said some kind of support from the sct site to help them maintian ratios..it need be 10 gb uplaod credit....may be a few freeleech torrents..or some kind of bonus point....

psxcite
12-03-2007, 07:20 AM
Your resolution is to make it free so they won't steal? I see. So, did you forget to take your medication this morning?

Ghost+Rider
12-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Get a freeleech froever at SCT so no one cheats ever :lol:

Artemis
12-03-2007, 07:31 AM
have to agree with psxcite on that one..... I also come from a country with slow access speeds, but stitched what colour are the trees on your planet ?

Polarbear
12-03-2007, 07:36 AM

well there r countries where the speed is a lot lower.......and i said some kind of support from the sct site to help them maintian ratios..it need be 10 gb uplaod credit....may be a few freeleech torrents..or some kind of bonus point....

sct is a high tech tracker. if you don't have the right technical equipment and speed you can't use it.

if people have slow pipes it's not their problem. they are a private tracker and not a charity organisation for worldwide low bandwith users.

you can't take part in a formula one race with a crappy old car and ask the race organiser to buy you a new one, because it's so slow.

what's next? my hd is too small, give me 10gb credit?

i can easily have a good ratio on any tracker with my 1 Mbit upload.

if you can't, choose another tracker.

stitched
12-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Your resolution is to make it free so they won't steal? I see. So, did you forget to take your medication this morning?

the whole concept of bt community was based on getting things for free,...or so i tot..probabaly you guys r right....i need medication...never mind go on life your happy lives.,sorry for even bringing up this topic.....thatz the best part about pirate bay....may be the speed is a lot on the slower side...i started with pirate bay...i right now have everything i would want below level 9,probabaly(i am not a member of the community yet) ftn is the only other community which doesnt judge people by the amount the ratios they have....its not about uploading twice or thrice as much you downlaod.....its about making an honest effort to try and give back what you got from the community...if u cant upload as much as you download soo what....atleast u did everything you could to upload as much as you download,that is more important
anwyas i dont expect you to understand any of the statements i made...it was jsut my opinion... not that anything would change by a few of my posts

Grind$oFine
12-03-2007, 07:44 AM

My speed is ~1mbps :huh:
= fastest I can get in my area.

By the way, I may have to try a little harder, and take advantage of freeleech more than others, but I have no problem maintaining a decent ratio on bittorrent sites without cheating. And I could keep a 3+ average if I really felt the need to. There's really no reason to cheat other than laziness.

kirktrix
12-03-2007, 07:48 AM
sct is a high tech tracker. if you don't have the right technical equipment and speed you can't use it.

if people have slow pipes it's not their problem. they are a private tracker and not a charity organisation for worldwide low bandwith users.

you can't take part in a formula one race with a crappy old car and ask the race organiser to buy you a new one, because it's so slow.

I agree 100% with you polarbear...

If you are having problems with the tracker either in speed, community or contents.... Just find another tracker that suit you best...There are plenty of trackers that you can choose...

Polarbear
12-03-2007, 07:53 AM
[quote=psxcite;2468328]
the whole concept of bt community was based on getting things for free... if u cant upload as much as you download soo what....

you have a few misunderstandings here:

the concept of bt is sharing and not getting things for free. if everyone had this attitude there was no bittorrent and no files to download.

if you don't share back 1:1 and just leech, ftn will disable you just as any other tracker would.

if you can't seed back, don't use private tracker or maybe think of another method to get your files.

but you are going for higher tracker even though you haven't understood the concept of a public tracker.

no offence, but this is getting on my nerves.

stitched
12-03-2007, 07:54 AM

yeah absolutly.....may be that is y we r living in such a fast paced,hightech, modern world full of terrorism,sadness,cruelity because u either fit in and u get lost in the oblivion ....and with an atitude like this no wonder our world is doomed.....every one deserves to be in the very best of anything...be it education,hospitals,hotels.........or a bt community......and that can never happen...because equality is something everyone is born with and not to live with....when those unfortunate(150 users,i heard) few who have lesser speeds and still want to be in the very best of the communities are being left out because they cant run as fast as you.....if this is the attitude in sumthing as small as a "bt community" ...to bring a bigger change,or a happier world will never happen...people should be more considerate....watch the movies...."schindler's list,zeitgeist"...picture speaks louder then words..forget it anwyas.. i wont reply any more.. because thatz the way the world is and has been and i am too small of a person too change anything.

Night0wl
12-03-2007, 07:58 AM

I agree 100% with you polarbear...

If you are having problems with the tracker either in speed, community or contents.... Just find another tracker that suit you best...There are plenty of trackers that you can choose...

I really don't know what the ratio fuzz is about either. I have 512Kbps up and have over 100GB buffer in 6 months. Just use free leech next time to your advantage. Also that buffer is while seeding on several other sites as well, so my guess is that you could survive on dialup there if needed :P

Slow upspeed is no excuse at all.

stitched
12-03-2007, 08:21 AM
the problem is more about people's attitude,rather then ratios....just the mention of free leech for helping out someone(150 users/17000=0.0088) who had lesser speed was met with soo much of critisism,althou it had nuthing to do with thier own ratios....its not like banning 150 people would make the site any better then it was before,and the site wasnt any bad with those guys in it for all these days......in a place like bt....which has .00..002% of worlds population and IN A VIRTUAL WORLD....just imagine how would the reaction be when and if asked to help out some less fortunate living under poverty line in REAL WORLD....its such a cruel world...and i jsut dont get the whole point y they teach us moral science when we r younger so that some one else would take advantage of us being moral...is it jsut me who feels this?
the color of the trees in every country could be green ,if people r more helpfull to eachother
hmm anywas....i guess i have finally lost my mind.

Ghost+Rider
12-03-2007, 10:01 AM
This is wut i hate to see,A member started a thread with this problem,Spammers come,hijack the thread and start throwing their shit in...

tralalala
12-03-2007, 03:27 PM
This is wut i hate to see,A member started a thread with this problem,Spammers come,hijack the thread and start throwing their shit in...

I actually like the way it's turned out.. I'm gonna get home in a few minutes, and I'll post a couple comments on the posts here.. I usually hate threads being hijacked, but this one has genuinely generated some very interesting posts..

0Ri0N
12-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Did ScT unban dynamic IPS? I think the people with dynamic ips are screwed.

Polarbear
12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Did ScT unban dynamic IPS? I think the people with dynamic ips are screwed.

you may get unbanned with a dynamic ip as well. they use account authorisation.

p1r4t3
12-03-2007, 03:47 PM
theres no point arguing. If u cant maintan your ratio properly on a private tracker, u r simply not clever enough. Solution? Understand bt more. Read the forums... Just some of the steps....

1) Use freeleech. download as much as possible and seed it.

2) Never max out your download. Leave some space so ur upload can max out.

3) Get connectable.

4) Seed for extended periods of time

5) Use freeleech torrents. Seed them overtime. Lots of trackers contain these.....

eg: ftn, czone, pt, etc.

6) get popular torrents with high seeder count from public trackers. chances are u ll get the same speeds, and ll get a quick 1:1 ratio cos of high leechers. Dont say public trackers are crap, or insecure. Some are good.eg:- the heroes show on monday.. get it from mininova, than sct or bitmetv.

7) divide ur tracker base over several sites, a large number. Chances are theres freeleech running at one of the sites. If , for example u have 10 0-day, chances are that the material u need is on one of them, with freeleech

8) Read the forums. Every tracker forum has tracker specific rules on how to use and maintain a ratio. Every tracker is unique, use it in the way it should be.

9) Upload your own torrents. Download stuff from rapidshare/ other sources and upload them.

10) Fan out p2p. Bittorrent isnt the only p2p method. Use rapidshare, megaupload. ftp, irc , and other methods of leeching. Become intelligent and stop whining about ratios.

11) Jump to seeding torrents early. Early torrents means more leechers, more time.

I ve prolly missed a lot of things, experienced bt users might want to add a few more of these points. In the end, it all comes down to if u can understand what u r doing, and the way u go about it.

Blaming ISP/country and slow speeds is :ghey: