whiteboy
12-02-2007, 11:24 PM
The layout

RainRoofer
12-02-2007, 11:38 PM
lol, sad but true

sear
12-02-2007, 11:43 PM
agreed it's kind of ugly and doesn't have anything very special to set it apart from the rest :ph34r:

tweakz
12-02-2007, 11:44 PM
The download speeds suck there!

slimdogp
12-02-2007, 11:45 PM
slow swarm speeds and lack of snatchers

fOrUmAs
12-02-2007, 11:47 PM
well they have few good things like Irc idle bonus every hour u get 45MB on your acc :)

kyrcer
12-02-2007, 11:52 PM
But layout is ugly. ;/

gtf0
12-02-2007, 11:52 PM
slow swarm speeds and lack of snatchers

well if people would actually USE the site, the speed would be better

edit

wtf why do u care so much about design? they have auto, pretimes are awesome

tweakz
12-02-2007, 11:59 PM
But layout is ugly. ;/

It's Ghetto! lmfao...

slimdogp
12-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Ya, but people don't use the site, because everyone that snatches there has like 10KB/s upstream. Few seedboxes by USERS. The irc bonus and all the free leech has given everyone a high ratio which causes hit n runs.

They have high monthly bills, and they have good people that donate. But you kinda have to let those people do whatever they want...

Its a good site that I check daily and I root for them, but theres alot that needs to be addressed to move the site in a positive direction.

moffe
12-03-2007, 12:08 AM
as said, layout just means a hell lot when coming to making a nice torrent site. So get cracking! :D

stroj
12-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Design..
why it is important? Becouse there are XY sites with similar content and why would i choose one thats getting me dizzy when i see it.

Grind$oFine
12-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Design..
why it is important? Becouse there are XY sites with similar content and why would i choose one thats getting me dizzy when i see it.

Amen, plus they ask for donations so often, etc.

If you want to run a popular 0-day you really have to excel in every way, and even if the tracker does... there's still good chance it will fail.

Ænima
12-03-2007, 12:58 AM
well if people would actually USE the site, the speed would be better

You are reversing the law of case and effect, something that communists are almost forced to do :P:

the amount of people using the site does not directly cause a respectable swarm speed; the high speeds instead directly attracts more people to use the site.

nethawk
12-03-2007, 01:00 AM
If CT were to close signups, become invite only, change their layout, and slow down on the asking donations, it can easily become a great tracker. Their pre time and speeds are already amazing.

Any tracker can become overrated like the lvl 10s if they follow in the same foot steps, as to hide its url, reduce the amount of invites, and make it very hard to get into.

fOrUmAs
12-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Design..

Amen, plus they ask for donations so often, etc.

If you want to run a popular 0-day you really have to excel in every way, and even if the tracker does... there's still good chance it will fail.

nah i dont think that they will fail,they have very good crew..but yea desing is very important for site if site is ugly hmmm is very hard to used..i hope someone from there see this and some thing start to move..

also they have good pretime in TV and Xvid but games and others is not so great there,i havent see any console game been uploaded.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7505/nameaj2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

tweakz
12-03-2007, 01:16 AM

Ya, but people don't use the site, because everyone that snatches there has like 10KB/s upstream.

Loser isps capping us!

troyk1
12-03-2007, 01:19 AM
I liked it better before they put all that grey in the background.... other than that I don't see what you guys are all complaining about, I've seen a lot worse layouts than CT... at least they are (or at least were before the grey) original.
but their pre-times are sick! beats anything else on that level. all they need are a few seedboxes and I think they could really take off.
also they are now invite only now so maybe that's the first step.

tweakz
12-03-2007, 01:23 AM
all they need are a few seedboxes and I think they could really take off.

Sounds like ur staff there making u guys look good!

vobilli
12-03-2007, 01:34 AM
Bah, I dumped that one for lack of useful torrents. Never found a single torrent that I needed when searching through my trackers =/

Daniel
12-03-2007, 02:13 AM
The layout of the site doesn't encourage regular visits and some think it to be downright ugly.

But the real problem of CT has always been a rather inactive userbase: for the past 6 months at least the number of members was almost constant between 7k and 8k and the total number of peers was always as low as 3k to 5k. In comparison to other trackers those statistics show more inactive users even though all uploads are available from seedboxes and with good but not excellent pre-times. That is to be expected though with monthly costs of 1300$ which is very high compared with trackers of a similar goal.