PDA

View Full Version : Free invites to Grooveshark

virtus134
12-03-2007, 05:26 AM
http://beta.grooveshark.com/

Okay here's the information on it.

Grooveshark is a revolutionary music community that rewards users for sharing their music. Grooveshark was founded by three University of Florida students hell-bent on changing the music industry, and the world, forever. Grooveshark's goal is to compensate everyone in the value chain from users to rights' holders.

It has a nice interface and a good concept, but it costs money to download the music. Really all I use it for is listening to songs (they're free to listen to and are in good quality), but you can also promote and upload your own music and you can make some money off of that.

Just make a post with your e-mail and you'll get it.

raj3186
12-03-2007, 05:29 AM
Never Pay for file Sharing! :D

sleepyy
12-03-2007, 05:34 AM
To make money sounds good but to me it's open to more than just an ip address been given out for a person to receive money personal and financial information would have to be provided which spells troubble in my eyes personaly i don't think many people will like this idea if they do they enjoy a risk.

To pay to download music is silly i would rather buy a cd in the shop. This also spells more trouble if the laws and the incorrect copyright permissions are not given or if groovesshark don't comply with them then i would consider this a very large problem because of the personal factor if this were the case. i have not looked at the site as i have no interest these are just examples of my thoughts from what you have wrote that's how i judged the topic.

Could this be a big hoax to catch people or is it legit similar to itunes? where you pay 70p per download and it then adds into the stats for the charts?

People should never part with their personal details in this morden era it is so simple now to track a person down a ruin their lives completely unless they are at least 99% sure something is legit that includes everything

virtus134
12-03-2007, 05:41 AM
It's legit. 99 cents per download. Listening to the songs are free though, which is kinda useful.

Also you can promote your own music and the more people who download it, the more money you get.

Like I said the site's kinda useless especially since we all have sites like what and waffles, but it you need an invitation nonetheless so I'm offering it.

sleepyy
12-03-2007, 05:52 AM
It's legit. 99 cents per download. Listening to the songs are free though, which is kinda useful.

Also you can promote your own music and the more people who download it, the more money you get.

Like I said the site's kinda useless especially since we all have sites like what and waffles, but it you need an invitation nonetheless so I'm offering it.

How are you so sure it is legitimate do you physically know this new origination of people or you just say it's good because you are a member? also how do i know your word is good that involves another risk of handing out my bank details and address if you send money in the post who are you?

Another thing which sounds strange is why do you need an invite to enter a site you have to pay to download music surely a company who is legit and want's to sell music will promote it by not introducing an invite system to enable the maximum amount of user's.

Please answear my questions because i think many members will be very impolite at you and this idea.

Grind$oFine
12-03-2007, 05:52 AM
I'm a member, spreading the word isn't bad, but this part of the forum is for bittorrent related invites and accounts only.

Do NOT Post Giveaways For Non BT Sites

Sites such as Joost and similar are NOT BT related.
DO NOT make giveaway threads for these sites.
Those posting these may have rep removed.
You can trade these if a bt site is involved.

virtus134
12-03-2007, 06:04 AM
Sleepyy-

It's a private beta.

Grind$oFine- Thanks for warning me. Anyone can close this.

sleepyy
12-03-2007, 06:13 AM
Sleepyy-

It's a private beta.

Grind$oFine- Thanks for warning me. Anyone can close this.

So was joost and they never charged anything.

That answers nothing .:dabs:

I will leave it here and make no more comments because YOU sound strange and i don't trust you i will let others judge for themselves.

Good day

th0r
12-03-2007, 06:15 AM

What do you mean your own music? If you mean music I've downloaded that no one has ever heard of, then I have around 75 GBs of that from #it, granted that website isn't run by the RIAA.

virtus134
12-03-2007, 06:16 AM
Sorry but what sounds so strange?

I already said it would be useless for downloading music since it costs money. But I said you could listen the songs in good quality for free and you can make money by uploading your own music. So for those who wanted to try it I'll give an invite to them. I myself won't use it but I just stumbled upon it.

Grind$oFine
12-03-2007, 06:18 AM
For the record, I think it was free when they started (when I joined) and I'm assuming they got into some legal troubles and now have to charge money. They also flipped their motive towards promoting unknown bands, for instance, you could promote your own band, after they started charging.

P.S. Virtus, you can close your own thread, click thread tools in the upper right. ;)

virtus134
12-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Frequently Asked Questions:

What is Grooveshark?Grooveshark is an online music sharing community where you get credit to share your music.How does Grooveshark work?Grooveshark works by allowing you to interact with people through a network of music lovers worldwide. You can download songs safely and legally from the overall combined library of everyone who uses Grooveshark, meaning there will be a wide range of songs available, a massive song library, and a huge database of information containing everything from artist profiles to song ratings.What type of music will be available?Grooveshark will have all of the traditional genres that you would expect, and many that you wouldn't. Our focus is not just on providing a certain kind of music - Grooveshark will house everything including international music such as Vallenato (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vallenato) (Colombian folk music) and Zapin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zapin) (Malaysian music with ancient Arabic roots).Can I use my music with any music player, such as iTunes or Windows Media Player?Yes - the MP3's that you get from Grooveshark can be used in any media player program and are universally compatible with all MP3 players.Can I use my iPod with the songs I download on Grooveshark? What about other mp3 players?You can use your iPod, iPhone, your Rio, your CD's, your home computer, your laptop, your work computer, and just about anything else that plays music. We put no restrictions on the compatibility of your music - what's yours is yours, and any legal use of the songs you download on Grooveshark is okay with us.Will I get sued if I use Grooveshark?No, we not only respect the rights of copyright holders, but the writers, publishers, and all other parts of the value chain that is the music industry, and will compensate them fairly.Is my information going to be safe, private, and within my control?Yes. You are definitely not obligated to share music if you dont want to. We'll never give away (or sell) your information, and we wont use your individual profile data without you knowing about it first. Our system contains no spyware, malware, adware, or other malicious programs. All downloads in Grooveshark are legal, and all of your content is within your control. Do I need an account to access Grooveshark?Right now, as we're in a private beta-testing phase, you do need an account to access Grooveshark- you can get one at our account request page (http://alpha.grooveshark.com/signup.php). What is Grooveshark made with?Grooveshark's web interface runs on the "LAMP" platform (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAMP_%28software_bundle%29) of Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP, along with front-end web components in standards-compliant XHTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The Grooveshark desktop application, Sharkbyte, is written in Java. Can I use Grooveshark with Mac OS X / Linux?Yes. Sharkbyte, the desktop software component that facilitates P2P sharing will work on Linux, Mac OS X and Windows How can I meet other people through Grooveshark?Grooveshark features a social network for music lovers that will allow you to find other people around the world with similar music tastes, other fans of your favorite artists, and even people within your local community that have musical interests that coincide to your own. As we continue to improve Grooveshark, we will be adding more social features. Can I share all the songs I've downloaded so far in Grooveshark?Yes. All of your current music can be shared through Grooveshark, regardless of where the music originally came from. Just keep in mind, though, that your songs have to live up to our quality standards; incomplete or mislabeled songs are filtered out, and will not end up being shared with other users. Can I promote my own music in Grooveshark? Will I make money if I do this?Yes, and yes! You are free to market your own songs within Grooveshark, and sharing your music with others entitles you to a portion of the revenue generated for any song download. How do the credits work in Grooveshark?All users are ranked by their contributions to the community, such as song identification, verifying ID3 tags, moderating, reviewing and recommending music. The higher your ranking, the more often users will download from your library. How does Grooveshark handle payments?Grooveshark will only ask you for your financial information when it becomes necessary - you won't need to enter any financial information to access most of the community features of the site. If you'd like to download music, you can put credit into your account by using your credit card, PayPal account, or gift card if you've been given one. What is DRM?DRM or Digital Rights Management (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Rights_Management) is the technology that restricts what you can do with music files

Hopefully that answers any questions.

Edit-
Hm. That failed.

Well I'll try to answer-
You can use this for listening to music without downloading, making some money, promoting music you MADE (don't upload anything illegal. i don't know if you'll get in trouble but the site's legal) like with your band, etc.

Edit-
Well I've had a request for an invite so I'll leave it a bit longer. If people start flaming or if no one else wants it I'll close it.

psxcite
12-03-2007, 09:21 AM
You should close it regardless, since it's in violation of forums rules. Which has already been made clear to you. But I guess that's irrelevant, eh?

virtus134
12-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Closed