PDA

View Full Version : Aol Virus?

Storm
07-22-2003, 08:30 PM
i keep getting these AOL icons 2 get free internet............

y???? i looked under my installed programs an all that r installed r:

Alcatel Speedtouch USB (my modem driver)
ICQ Lite
Java Runtime Enviroment, SE v1.4.1_01
Java Web Start
Kazaa Lite v2.10 [K++ Edition] [build 3]
Messenger Plus!
MSN Messenger 6.0
Opera
Tweakui Powertoy for Windows XP

what is causing this?????

shn
07-22-2003, 08:33 PM
Lol :lol: Aol is a virus as far as Im concerned............It suckkkkkkkkkkkkkksssssss!!! :P

Rip The Jacker
07-22-2003, 09:12 PM
I'm pretty sure ICQ puts those there. ICQ and AOL Instant Messenger (duh) create those annoying icons. Don't worry, you don't have any viruses.

Lol :lol: Aol is a virus as far as Im concerned............
:lol: :lol:

Storm
07-23-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@22 July 2003 - 22:12
I'm pretty sure ICQ puts those there. ICQ and AOL Instant Messenger (duh) create those annoying icons. Don't worry, you don't have any viruses.

Lol :lol: Aol is a virus as far as Im concerned............
:lol: :lol:
wish i did................ then @ least theyd b ez 2 remove..............

an y the hell am i gettin that shit?????? is ICQ also from AOL???? damn that company is like microsoft, only they buy GOOD programs an turn in into crap....... (RIP WinAmp)

newayz, how do i get rid of it????? get an older ICQ?

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2003, 03:25 AM
Just delete em. They're nothing but shortcuts.

ultimatejester
07-23-2003, 03:28 AM
yup wat krackhead2k sed <_<

Storm
07-23-2003, 02:18 PM
i tried that but they keep comin back..........

i jus wanna no how it came on my comp.........

Penis Monkey
07-23-2003, 04:03 PM
AOL is a bag of w*nk as afar as I&#39;m concerned.
Anyway, if you are using anything AOL related, stop using it immediately, unsubscribe from it, remove every trace of it. The chances are that you are using an AOL related program, like ICQ.

Storm
07-23-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Penis Monkey@23 July 2003 - 17:03
AOL is a bag of w*nk as afar as I&#39;m concerned.
Anyway, if you are using anything AOL related, stop using it immediately, unsubscribe from it, remove every trace of it. The chances are that you are using an AOL related program, like ICQ.
i h8 AOL as much as the rest here............ an i dun even have nethin 2 do with it............... @ least i hope they dont have a urop online...........

but im not givin up ICQ.......... o well........... guess ill go back 2 the old version........

Illuminati
07-23-2003, 11:00 PM
You don&#39;t have to give up ICQ; In its Genesis, ICQ was a great way to communicate - It was when AOL Time Warner bought ICQ that the spyware appeared & ICQ went down the drain.

Picture the IM service as two parts - The client (like Kazaa Lite) and the network (like FastTrack). You don&#39;t need a specific client to use a network (although many of the big IMs try to make it sound like that <_<); only a client which can access the network.
If you can understand that, you can understand below. If you can&#39;t, you&#39;ll just have to trust me ;)

Get a multi-IM client - These are basically programs that can use the IM networks like their intended clients (e.g. ICQ), but do not have practically any of the bad features of their original client (e.g. ICQ&#39;s spyware ;)).

I recommend Trillian (http://www.trillian.cc)- It&#39;s basically freeware though you can find the Pro version around the P2P networks. It&#39;s fully skinable, and you can use the same features as the networks it manages. Better yet, it&#39;s almost like a universal clean IM client; it has none of the spyware of any of the networks whatsoever :D
Networks supported - AIM, ICQ, IRC, MSN, Yahoo&#33;

Hope that helps :)

Storm
07-23-2003, 11:58 PM
i heard something bout that b4............

sounds good................. dint even no ICQ had spyware

*flushes ICQ down the drain*

*sends bomb letter 2 mr Turner*

;) thnx 4 the help........

Storm
07-24-2003, 12:09 AM
gr8&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; all the trillians i find on KaZaA have the kazaa worm..........

y dun ppl that dl a lot get a virus scanner.............

i sent like 20 ppl a msg, an most dun even speak english.......... damn hard tryin 2 xplain a virus in a language u dun speak.......... LoL