PDA

View Full Version : Hatton vs Mayweather

fstrulz
12-04-2007, 02:07 AM
Mayweather's last great fight was 2 years ago, when he beat Gatti. After that fight, his boxing skills have slowed down gradually (I can't believe I paid to see his fight with De La Hoya).

I'm routing for Hatton in the boxing match this coming Saturday. :boxing:

sleepyy
12-04-2007, 03:06 AM
Great news cheers i never follow boxing i just tend to watch the odd fight from somebody in fame this i will not miss

masterbat
12-04-2007, 03:41 AM
boxing is boring

fstrulz
12-04-2007, 06:18 AM
boxing is boring
It's a man sport.

So, who do you guys think is the best pound-4-pound fighter right now? For me, it's Manny Pacquiao. He's great and very exciting to watch, and he just sent 2 Mexican boxing legends to their retirements.

masterbat
12-04-2007, 06:21 AM
boxing is boring
It's a man sport.

ok . boxing the man sport is boring

Mr. Mulder
12-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Hatton > Mayweather on points, i'll wager

bigboab
12-04-2007, 11:48 AM
It should be Hatton.:) He will need to knock Mayweather out. Points decisions are never reliable across the pond.:whistling

Mr. Mulder
12-04-2007, 12:22 PM
i think its the Ł to $ that messes it up

snowultra
12-04-2007, 12:53 PM
i have recently been following boxing, not

fstrulz
12-04-2007, 01:42 PM
It should be Hatton.:) He will need to knock Mayweather out. Points decisions are never reliable across the pond.:whistling
Good point... Especially that the fight is going to be held at Las Vegas, which is Mayweather's hood.

aslanozzy
12-04-2007, 05:03 PM
should be a great fight

AuReDo
12-04-2007, 09:19 PM
I think that Mayweather will K.O. Hatton...:D

Sextent
12-04-2007, 09:20 PM
I think that Mayweather will K.O. Hatton...:D

I think you are wrong.

maddoxro
12-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Mayweather will kick ass ;)

Proper Bo
12-04-2007, 09:26 PM
He'd get disqualified for that, like.

Sextent
12-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Mayweather will kick ass ;)

I think that you are also wrong.

Mr. Mulder
12-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Mayweather will klick ass ;)

:yup:

Sextent
12-04-2007, 09:28 PM
:teehee:

Proper Bo
12-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Ricky Hatton's trainer Billy Graham was poured scorn on Floyd Mayweather's crass declarations of greatness, insisting the loud-mouth American is not a patch on all-time legend Mohammad Ali.

Graham has laughed off Mayweather's self-comparison with greats likes of Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson and believes Hatton will teach the 'trash-talker' a lesson.

"Ali was the master," Graham recalls. "He was funny, and you could see that he was a really nice guy behind it all. Floyd's neither got his wit nor his timing. He's a very poor imitation of Muhammad Ali.

"He can rant and rave and shout and say all the things he wants - but it doesn't matter to me, or more importantly to Ricky," he added.

"I've met plenty of fighters who are a bit intimidating. But Floyd's not intimidating; he's not scary.

"I know the bloke's got a lot of ability - but he's not a scary man. I think somewhere hidden deep down is a nice guy who's a little bit insecure. I'm not so sure he's as confident as he says he is."
http://sports.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Other-sports/2007/12/04/Boxing-Hatton-team-mock-Mayweather/?facets/sport-space/great-britain-locale/boxing/

Busyman™
12-05-2007, 02:24 AM
I have Hatton winning and this is based on pure objectivity. I don't personally like either fighter. (brats seem to rally for Hatton cuz he's brat, Americans seem to rally for Mayweather cuz they've seen him fight more).

That rope-a-dope that Mayweather does will not work on Hatton.

Hatton has too much energy and will keep after him.

dan25
12-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Hatton all the way, as long as he doesn't cut to soon

Chip Monk
12-05-2007, 09:04 AM
(brats seem to rally for Hatton cuz he's brat, Americans seem to rally for Mayweather cuz they've seen him fight more).

Personally I think Hatton will win because I think he's the better fighter. Based on nothing more than watching previous fights.

Sextent
12-06-2007, 10:47 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/boxing/article525125.ece

What it's about like.

fstrulz
12-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Hatton by UD. :boxing:

chalice
12-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Apparently, the Mob money is on Mayweather.

I'd trust the Mafia with my life.

Get on it.

Something Else
12-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Still can't find a stream for it...oh well its not until 4 a.m.

Alien5
12-08-2007, 10:06 PM
http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=3131&part=sports

Something Else
12-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Noice one mate. :smilie4:

peat moss
12-08-2007, 10:14 PM
He's the Brit fighter right ? I read something about not enough seats for his supporters coming to Vegas . I hope he kicks Maywimps ass . :)

I don't follow boxing like I use to but read Mayweathers comments on how he would make Hatton bleed . Hope Ricky makes him eat those words .

Something Else
12-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Ya that Pansyweather needs a lesson in manners.

fstrulz
12-09-2007, 12:59 AM
WjAdsMgPd1s

I'd love to see Hatton KO Mayweather by a kidney shot, but I think it'll be Hatton by Unanimous Decision.

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 08:10 AM
First I am a little drunk so cut me some slack.

I must say that I have total respect now for Mayweather. I made a friendly bet of a mere $5 that Hatton would win.

I am glad I lost my $5.

What changed? Just one thing.

The brat fuckers booing our national anthem even before Tyrese started singing.

Cheering your fighter on is one thing. Making it disrespectful is another.

Ok so bratland finally gets some good boxers don't be a fucking dick.

I listened when they cheered every little thing that Hatton did, even when they were misses.

Your fighter got handled and exposed.

Best $5 I lost. After that national anthem snub I was hoping I lost my money.

Hatton got one nice one early in the fight that made Mayweather stumble.

Either round 8 or 9 Mayweather didn't even fight like his normal self and handled Hatton in the middle of the ring.

I was stunned.

Mayweather jabbed Hatton at will. The numbers showed that Hatton threw more punches than Mayweather yet landed wayyyyy less.

I am glad Mayweather knocked him the fuck out so their wouldn't be any question who won the fight. I hate ambiguity in boxing.

I am quite surprised how Mayweather fought. I forgot that Hatton talked shit (like most boxers do but I thought Hatton different) saying he his 4 rounds with Castillo had more action than Floyd's whole career.

Well that brought Floyd out of "retirement" :dry: to blemish his record.

I said it before and I'll say it again.

America has the biggest market. Having an unblemished record elsewhere vs. being unblemished in America ain't the same.

Bigger markets draw the greater competition.

I should have known to bet on Mayweather since Hatton had problems with Collazo.:frusty:

Oh well it was only five. I bet all the brat contingent brought to cheer Hatton just Shut Right The Fuck Up.

I wasn't happy to see Hatton's mom cry though. :(

Proper Bo
12-09-2007, 08:43 AM
I'd certainly agree that hatton never looked like winning it.

What I didn't like though, which i'd never seen before, was the way in which mayweather spent the first six rounds basically bent double and just lunging towards hatton with no intention of boxing therefore practically stopping there being any chance of a proper fight happening. Clever tactics to win, certainly, however it made the boxing awful to watch tho'.

On the other hand, mayweather's speed was fan-tastic.

edit: About booing the national anthem; I agree that it shouldn't happen however that chap certainly took the pish with all that over the top warbling.
Tom Jones should have sung both (he's welsh, before you say about an englishman singing the merkin national anthem) and maybe thrown in sex bomb too:smilie4:

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 09:12 AM
I'd certainly agree that hatton never looked like winning it.

What I didn't like though, which i'd never seen before, was the way in which mayweather spent the first six rounds basically bent double and just lunging towards hatton with no intention of boxing therefore practically stopping there being any chance of a proper fight happening. Clever tactics to win, certainly, however it made the boxing awful to watch tho'.

On the other hand, mayweather's speed was fan-tastic.

edit: About booing the national anthem; I agree that it shouldn't happen however that chap certainly took the pish with all that over the top warbling.
Tom Jones should have sung both (he's welsh, before you say about an englishman singing the merkin national anthem) and maybe thrown in sex bomb too:smilie4:

Yeah but boxing can't just be "rush in like Hatton and brawl".

You thought that was painful? I thought the Mayweather fight against De La Hoya was painful.

This one was a clinic in boxing. It basically looked like the overzealous fighter (not saying Hatton actually is) against the calm, cool, collected fighter.

I noticed that Mayweather wasn't the only one holding anyway.:dry:

The punch numbers say it all. Hatton couldn't land shit and Mayweather landed poignant shots.

The first 6 rounds didn't look painful at all too me. Mayweather is defensive and picks his shots.

Hatton will throw 10 punches and be lucky if he scores a hit on Mayweather.

Mayweather landed 39% of his punches and threw less. I think Hatton landed 17%.

Mayweather even beat Hatton in power shots.

Again I wasn't surprised that Hatton was wayyy behind on all 3 scorecards.

Also when Mayweather was bent lunging toward Hatton, that wasn't the first 6 rounds. That was only the middle rounds and all Hatton had to do was hit Mayweather.

What happened when Mayweather did that?..........

Mayweather tagged Hatton in the mouth...over....and....over....and....over.

Proper fight my ass. Hatton was properly getting hit in the face.

The national anthem was fine. Black R&B singers (plus the Christina Aguilera's and such) tend to have vibrato in their voices.

It's cool to have singers bring their own touch to the anthem....as long as it's not toooooo much.

Tyrese sang it pretty well. Our anthem ain't a easy gig.

Some of my faves have been Destiny's Child and Whitney Houston.

We all like Tom Jones, btw. He's a cool cat.

Proper Bo
12-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Long post so I won't quote it but in short; I pretty much agree with you. I just personally think that that defensive style certainly appears to work however it doesn't make the most entertaining boxing in the world. It's a lot like england's egg-chasing, they don't go for tries but go for kicks instead. It often wins the games but it's fecking dull to watch.

Oh, and your point about the black r&b singers using vibrato; I personally just think it sounds pish. (I knew what a vibrato was and how they're used by r&b singers already by the way, despite me being white;))

chalice
12-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Mayweather's left hooks in the 10th were awesome. Hatton went down like a ton of bricks that second time.

I was nearly gonna stick 20 quids on Mayweather last night.

Kicking myself now.

Sextent
12-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I haven't seen the fight yet so can't really make any meaningful comment. However I will happily and unreservedly congratulate Mayweather on his win and on his continuing unbeaten run. Well done that man. You are without question the best fighter in the World just now and will be remembered as an all time great.

On another note, I too hate that whole booing another Country's anthem thing. I'm not a big national identity guy or anything, however I know a lot of people are and the whole disrespect thing is a disgraceful way to behave.

I'd like to say that it's a drunken Englishman abroad thing, but the Scots are just as bad, home and away. Well the football supporters certainly are.

Did I ever mention I was Irish.

SDT
12-09-2007, 02:40 PM
o well was a good fight between them both i thought hatton was getting the better of mayweather untill hatton got nocked out in the 10th round sadly but they out up a good fight.

Alien5
12-09-2007, 03:20 PM
i dunno what fight you were watching, mayweather fought like a pussy, constantly running away and putting his head down through the ropes, he deserved to loose.

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Long post so I won't quote it but in short; I pretty much agree with you. I just personally think that that defensive style certainly appears to work however it doesn't make the most entertaining boxing in the world. It's a lot like england's egg-chasing, they don't go for tries but go for kicks instead. It often wins the games but it's fecking dull to watch.

Oh, and your point about the black r&b singers using vibrato; I personally just think it sounds pish.

Yeah you aren't the only one. There's black guy from Trinidad (grew up in a white neighborhood) in my crew and when talking about singing in general, he always asks, "Why couldn't they just sing it straight kinda flat. Why the vibrating the voice?"

:glag:

I tell him "cuz it sounds better, man". Imagine opera singers singing like that. It would sound shit.
----

Mayweather likes to mix it up. Dodge, dodge, hit.

Hatton kinda just goes after you....and....goes after.

He's a bull and not very defensive. He overwhelms a fighter with his energy and I thought he'd do that with Mayweather.

I need to get this fight on disc. If it had went the distance, I wouldn't want it but since Hatton got cold cocked it upped the value for me.

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 04:04 PM
i dunno what fight you were watching, mayweather fought like a pussy, constantly running away and putting his head down through the ropes, he deserved to loose.
I'm sorry are you talking about the one time he was pushed through the ropes and Hatton hit him in the back of the head?

Are talking about the fact that Hatton had him against the ropes (like he has had many other fighters) throughout the fight yet couldn't hit him with any clean shots.

It sounds like you wanted MW to stand there and get hit.

@Properly Bo Loike - Here's what I was talking about. When MW started doubling over he was hitting Hatton. Hatton just stood there instead of hitting MW himself.

Round 8 (it starts showing a hit in Round 7) Notice hit Hatton takes while MW is leaning over at 1:29
He even brawls with him (neck snaps back yet again) at about 2:54.

5gRAGyzOFR4

Olayyyyy! The Matador knockdown! Round 10

UKXpOMa1kR8

Alien5
12-09-2007, 04:20 PM
the commentator said MW was a master of defence, the clinching and backpedaling all the time was annoying to watch.

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 04:29 PM
the commentator said MW was a master of defence, the clinching and backpedaling all the time was annoying to watch.

He backpedals then hits Hatton though.

Hatton clinched too. You act as if it was a big holding fight.

It wasn't.:ermm:

Hell that's how Hatton got knocked down the 1st time.

MW played off of him, Hatton charged in to ring post with MW giving him a left hook to take with him on his journey to the floor.

MW was a fucking technician in this fight.

Hit and don't get hit.

Weird that almost every punch stat they showed was

39% to 17% though.:blink: (one 40% to 17%)

Hatton was dominated in every category besides the "rushing in throwing punches that miss" category. It remains to be seen whether MW exposed him for other fighters.

Did anyone notice Hatton's ring throwing the towel after the second knockdown.

That was kinda late.:ermm:

Emmanuel Lewis also said that Hatton didn't know how to buy time after the first knockdown. It's cuz Hatton only knows "attack".

It's partly why he lost. It's supposed to be "hit and don't get hit".

If MW fought like a pussy, what does that make Hatton? :dry:

Alien5
12-09-2007, 04:34 PM
i much prefer watching the UFC where fighters go in there looking for blood, not to pussy foot around and brag about it on the Nine O'Clock. :snooty:

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 04:39 PM
i much prefer watching the UFC where fighters go in there looking for blood, not to pussy foot around and brag about it on the Nine O'Clock. :snooty:

Roooight.:ermm:

Matches like this like this though put boxing back in the forefront.

People then say "UF wha?"

Alien5
12-09-2007, 04:40 PM
whatever MMA > Boxing

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 04:43 PM
whatever MMA > Boxing

I like MMA.

However it isn't up to snuff yet.

If there was a MMA match on last night (really matches), there's no doubt what most people would watch.

Alien5
12-09-2007, 04:52 PM
there were MMA matches on tv last night. im watching them now: The Ultimate Fighter Season 6 Finale.

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 05:08 PM
there were MMA matches on tv last night. im watching them now: The Ultimate Fighter Season 6 Finale.

I bet it got shit ratings. :smilie4:

Alien5
12-09-2007, 05:17 PM
i don't watch things for ratings.

all the matches so far have been better than the boxing.

multiple elbows to the face, knees to the head, blood pouring out of sculls. thats what i call value for money. they fight their hearts out, you don't get no fannying about in the octagon or youre going home in an ambulance.

The last two boxing matches i've watched have been totally disappointing.

i cant believe all the hype and fuss over such a boring fight.

the highlight for me was seeing that tomb raider woman looking for her seat at the beginning.

Something Else
12-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Oh noes the gheyer one won. :pinch:

Alien5
12-09-2007, 05:28 PM
exactly.

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 05:35 PM
i don't watch things for ratings.

all the matches so far have been better than the boxing.

multiple elbows to the face, knees to the head, blood pouring out of sculls. thats what i call value for money. they fight their hearts out, you don't get no fannying about in the octagon or youre going home in an ambulance.

The last two boxing matches i've watched have been totally disappointing.

i cant believe all the hype and fuss over such a boring fight.

the highlight for me was seeing that tomb raider woman looking for her seat at the beginning.

Well I thought the fight was great.

You from Europe by any chance?

I bet the fight would have been entertaining if Hatton didn't get his ass handed to him. :smilie4:

Alien5
12-09-2007, 05:39 PM
if they allowed kicks and elbows to the face it might have been interesting.

yes im from europe.

Jiggles
12-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Floyd is a better fighter, any chance of a re-match?

to busyman, oh boo hoo, stop crying over your silly anthem you over patriotic gay american.

did i forget the "™ (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/busyman-117721)" :ghey:?

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Floyd is a better fighter, any chance of a re-match?

to busyman, oh boo hoo, stop crying over your silly anthem you over patriotic gay american.

did i forget the "™ (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/busyman-117721)" :ghey:?

I didn't boo-hoo over it.

I just got back from playing some b-ball and found out that almost everyone felt the same way....

They were rather indifferent toward hoping who would win but once the boos started they were hoping MW handed Hatton his ass.

MW answered definitively.

After those boos I was very happy MW came out to music by the The Boss.:happy:

I don't think there will be a rematch. Those usually happen with close fights and mainly, if the money demands it.

If this fight been a split decision or simply gone to a decision I'd be all for it.

Now I'm not interested. I'd like MW to fight someone else.

I don't think Hatton could ever beat MW as I see it now. Hatton was picked apart then finished; not even close on scorecards.

As the brats say...meh.

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 08:57 PM
if they allowed kicks and elbows to the face it might have been interesting.

yes im from europe.

There's a surprise. The guy from bratland lost and you thought the fight was shit.:smilie4:

Sextent
12-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Why do you keep calling him MW busy.

Jiggles
12-09-2007, 08:58 PM
busyman: its just a boxing match, no need to get all countryist.

your fighter won, you should be happy not angry.

i think its that 5 dollars you lost ,you poor bastard.

Sextent
12-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Who the fuck got "racial". I haven't seen anything like that here.

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 09:09 PM
busyman: its just a boxing match, no need to get all racial.

your fighter won, you should be happy not angry.

i think its that 5 dollars you lost ,you poor bastard.

:blink:

I got patriotic if anything. I said nothing about white/black, dumbass.

**NEWSFLASH***We have white Americans too.

What's funny is the normal fight crowd here doesn't really care about nationalism in boxing (unless it's the Olympics).

The brats at the the fight kinda brought it outta everyone. We actually think the chanting is cool.

The trumpets, drums, and other musical instruments were kinda over the top though.:mellow:

We cheer for whoever's the badass. We like to see good fighters and not just fighters from here.

Jiggles
12-09-2007, 09:15 PM
i wasnt talking about floyd being black and hatton being white.

you keep on using the word brat, you seem to hate all english people.

its just a boxing match you tard, no need to get angry.

the last line is hilarious.

why dont you talk about the fighters and not focus on the nationalities. tard alert.

fstrulz
12-09-2007, 09:39 PM
I think Hatton fought Mayweather really aggressively and became careless in the end of the fight... I think Zab Judah gave Mayweather a better fight (last year) than Hatton did last night.

Mayweather admitted in his interview after the fight last night that his performance in his last couple of fights have been passive. And it was great to see him fought, like the way he used to, in the eighth and ninth rounds.

I don't think Hatton should fight Mayweather again, and he should just stick and fight in his natural Light Welterweight division... I'd love to see a Mayweather-Cotto match, but I don't think that'd happen anytime soon.

Busyman™
12-09-2007, 10:29 PM

why dont you talk about the fighters and not focus on the nationalities. tard alert.

Uhh cuz the brats at the fight disrespected the anthem.

I thought this was covered.

Oh English is not a race dumbass.

I thought that was covered too.

Jiggles
12-09-2007, 10:41 PM

ok, stop crying and whining about the crappy anthem ffs, you spammed 2 threads with your whining.

I think Hatton fought Mayweather really aggressively and became careless in the end of the fight... I think Zab Judah gave Mayweather a better fight (last year) than Hatton did last night.

Mayweather admitted in his interview after the fight last night that his performance in his last couple of fights have been passive. And it was great to see him fought, like the way he used to, in the eighth and ninth rounds.

I don't think Hatton should fight Mayweather again, and he should just stick and fight in his natural Light Welterweight division... I'd love to see a Mayweather-Cotto match, but I don't think that'd happen anytime soon.

good points there, completely agree.

but i think theres no point of floyd fighting again, no one can match him.

Sextent
12-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Mayweather is talking of going into promoting apparently.

The bottom line here was that Hatton took the payday, which as busy says he could only really get in America. To do this he fought at a weight above the one he was World champion in and fought the man considered the best boxer in the World.

If it's true he got 10 million for it you've got to consider it a good bit of business. He must be set up for life, however he is talking about having at least one more fight.

fstrulz
12-09-2007, 11:33 PM
As much as I love to see a Mayweather-Cotto fight...

I think Cotto is gonna be next for Hatton...

Should be another great fight.

Sextent
12-09-2007, 11:39 PM
It's about purses for Hatton now. Last couple of fights make a shitload of money.

Busyman™
12-10-2007, 02:40 AM

ok, stop crying and whining about the crappy anthem ffs, you spammed 2 threads with your whining.

Make me, ya bitch.

Oh and the brats there booed our anthem. I'm was kinda sad and disheartened by it all.

Busyman™
12-10-2007, 02:44 AM
Mayweather is talking of going into promoting apparently.

The bottom line here was that Hatton took the payday, which as busy says he could only really get in America. To do this he fought at a weight above the one he was World champion in and fought the man considered the best boxer in the World.

If it's true he got 10 million for it you've got to consider it a good bit of business. He must be set up for life, however he is talking about having at least one more fight.

Smart move. De La Hoya and Mayweather already did just that (Golden Boy).

I heard MW took in 56 mill this year.:blink:

I personally think Hatton could clobber many more opponents. The trick here is to promote himself and he'll take in a bigger cut of his own hard earned work.

The only problem I might see fightwise is if MW exposed him for other fighters.

Busyman™
12-10-2007, 02:48 AM
As much as I love to see a Mayweather-Cotto fight...

I think Cotto is gonna be next for Hatton...

Should be another great fight.

MW is done....for now.

Barbarossa
12-10-2007, 11:37 AM
It's some kind of English disease that any English crowd always sees fit to boo the opposition's National Anthem, no matter what the sport :angry:

It's a fucking disgrace, and I wish something could be done about it, but I don't know what can be done.

It's embarrassing :(

Anyway, don't take it personally, they do it to everyone :frusty:

Chip Monk
12-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Us Irish don't do stuff like that.

Something Else
12-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Those bloody scots do though.

Barbarossa
12-10-2007, 02:16 PM
scotch, English, same difference.

Ask rat-faced.

Alien5
12-10-2007, 02:18 PM
british are all racists

we hate the english, irish, scottish and the welsh.

Something Else
12-10-2007, 02:20 PM
It's like London is one country and the rest of the UK is a backward thinking racist farmyard. :dry:

dinsdale
12-10-2007, 05:15 PM
They were probably booing the ideal of nationalism, embodied in the national anthem. It was clearly a call to bring down the barriers dividing humanity into nation states. What better place to do do this? They obviously saw the boxers as pawns in a cruel game trapped in a ring, forced to battle each other, but for what? They identified with their struggle, and triumphantly denounced the spectacle, and showed it for what it really was, an absurd and futile facade.

Barbarossa
12-10-2007, 05:18 PM
They were probably booing the ideal of nationalism, embodied in the national anthem. It was clearly a call to bring down the barriers dividing humanity into nation states. What better place to do do this? They obviously saw the boxers as pawns in a cruel game trapped in a ring, forced to battle each other, but for what? They identified with their struggle, and triumphantly denounced the spectacle, and showed it for what it really was, an absurd and futile facade.

Top post! :lol:

chalice
12-10-2007, 05:25 PM

That's because we can't even decide what our national anthem is.

At N .Ireland matches, half the crowd stands for God Save The Queen and the other half boos.

If N. Ireland is supposed to be a country in it's own right, why does it have to be the English national anthem? The rest of the UK has their own song.

A lot of people have been suggesting that it should be Danny Boy/Londonderry Air.

Alien5
12-10-2007, 05:28 PM
cos NI got pwned by the english.

Something Else
12-10-2007, 05:29 PM

So there is sense to the madness. :pinch:

Barbarossa
12-10-2007, 05:29 PM
GSTQ is supposed to be the "British" national anthem. I get annoyed when they play it for "England" sporting occasions. I'd much rather we adopted "Land of Hope and Glory" for England games and that :dabs:

chalice
12-10-2007, 05:30 PM

Don't get excited. N. Ireland get pwned by everybody.

dinsdale
12-10-2007, 05:32 PM
And people say English fans are dumb....they are the true pioneers. Forget all those posh writers and academics, these guys are out on the streets making a difference, making the world a better place. That is why I read the Sun and vote BNP...

Alien5
12-10-2007, 05:40 PM

some of my family come from there so i think its a shame. :dabs:

chalice
12-10-2007, 05:55 PM

some of my family come from there so i think its a shame. :dabs:

Nice one. They were kicking up a stink today on Radio Ulster coz David Healy didn't get shortlisted for Sports Personality of the Year.

We like kicking up stinks over here.

Alien5
12-10-2007, 06:49 PM
http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/dqnplus/imgs/a/a/aac2c055.jpg

Sextent
12-10-2007, 07:13 PM

That's because we can't even decide what our national anthem is.

At N .Ireland matches, half the crowd stands for God Save The Queen and the other half boos.

If N. Ireland is supposed to be a country in it's own right, why does it have to be the English national anthem? The rest of the UK has their own song.

A lot of people have been suggesting that it should be Danny Boy/Londonderry Air.

You boys in the North are all just maddies.

Sextent
12-10-2007, 07:14 PM
http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/dqnplus/imgs/a/a/aac2c055.jpg

Weren't the Wales' people complaining recently and wanted a dragon on the flag or something like that.

chalice
12-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Guilty as charged.

Wanna make somethin' of it then?

:)

Sextent
12-10-2007, 07:16 PM
No ways, back off like lad, I was just saying like.

chalice
12-10-2007, 07:18 PM
No ways, back off like lad, I was just saying like.

Well that's alright then like.

Sextent
12-10-2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.landor.com/images/auto/baileys_bottle_2004.jpg

chalice
12-10-2007, 07:33 PM
http://www.landor.com/images/auto/baileys_bottle_2004.jpg

On that subject...

I sneakyed a cup of coffee last night with t'Baileys instead of milk.

Damn, it was pretty awful nice.

She wouldn't miss a nip.

Would she? Would she?

Hope to fuck she doesn't read this. :whistling

Sextent
12-10-2007, 07:35 PM
She'll notice if you start drinking 20 cups of coffee a day. Sitting up all night and singing Danny Bhoy.

chalice
12-10-2007, 07:36 PM
She'll notice if you start drinking 20 cups of coffee a day. Sitting up all night and singing Danny Bhoy.

:lol: :lol:

fstrulz
12-22-2007, 05:41 AM
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8466/10012463561yz1.jpg

I say... Boxing Match of The Year

Something Else
12-22-2007, 09:46 AM
:wank: