PDA

View Full Version : what is with the rare trckers?

Blackbeard
12-04-2007, 06:00 AM
I see post everyday about ftn, uk-t, sct, fsc, what's so special about them? i checked the reviews they are not much different from other trackers..

Ænima
12-04-2007, 06:17 AM
i checked the reviews they are not much different from other trackers..
Hasty generalization...

t0mmy
12-04-2007, 06:21 AM
monkey see, monkey do, its that simple

JA
12-04-2007, 06:25 AM
Well i like Brandon's posts. Then again Feeling is one sarcastic noodle. Squizzle has a hot ass DP. And Dv8type keeps shit in the boxing ring...

Daniel
12-04-2007, 06:35 AM
You certainly cannot put all of your mentioned trackers into the same category because they're different from each other. On the other hand you're generally right, some of those trackers remain popular to this day because they are rare and many months of trading have allowed them these high levels. As long as they exist or as long as there are no major changes, things will stay the same.

limpingjaret
12-04-2007, 06:41 AM
well seeing reviews is not the same as actually having one...I wouldn't be passing judgement. It's like seeing a review for a Lamborghini Murcielago and going "oh, what's so special about it, my POS Honda Civic can beat it" NO! You can max out your bandwidth off of 2 seeds on sites like FTN,SCT etc...

grimms
12-04-2007, 06:52 AM
well seeing reviews is not the same as actually having one...I wouldn't be passing judgement. It's like seeing a review for a Lamborghini Murcielago and going "oh, what's so special about it, my POS Honda Civic can beat it" NO! You can max out your bandwidth off of 2 seeds on sites like FTN,SCT etc...

Agreed.

DanielleD87
12-04-2007, 07:22 AM
what is so special is they are rare. like comparing cars: (i'm not a car nut so I might get this wrong)
you could get a merc or a bmw that can go to 190mph but they are a dime a dozen. you could get a ferarri that goes 190mph as well, but people will goggle over it and want it more.

sure the harder to get into trackers are good, but there are many good easy trackers to get into that are close to just as good.

t0mmy
12-04-2007, 07:24 AM
but a ferrari can reach 190mph quicker i believe :) nah its like someone else pointed out in another thread its human nature, if someone else has it, we would naturally want it

RoSsoNeRI
12-04-2007, 07:27 AM
what is so special is they are rare. like comparing cars: (i'm not a car nut so I might get this wrong)
you could get a merc or a bmw that can go to 190mph but they are a dime a dozen. you could get a ferarri that goes 190mph as well, but people will goggle over it and want it more.

sure the harder to get into trackers are good, but there are many good easy trackers to get into that are close to just as good.

A perfect example. People would want the Ferrari more cuz its rare and much better looking then a Benz or a BMW. It's human nature to want something that's rare n others don't have

Str8ek
12-04-2007, 08:12 AM
example really good. but i wanna add Chevy Vette ;)
ppl want Ferrari, cause it's rare, fast, unfailing etc etc. but it's very expensive, too expensive.....
and there are some ppl, not many, who buy Vette. Chevy is, in fact, as fast or even faster than most Ferraris (except F1 :D) but it's much more cheaper...

DanielleD87
12-05-2007, 05:03 AM
Str8ek i take it you are one of those people who are or would be as satisfied to have scc as sct? after all the sites are f'en identical.

orfik
12-05-2007, 05:07 AM
I see post everyday about ftn, uk-t, sct, fsc, what's so special about them? i checked the reviews they are not much different from other trackers..

Why do people like diamonds? At least trackers do something.

DanielleD87
12-05-2007, 05:09 AM
because it shows when someone really cares about me...

orfik
12-05-2007, 05:19 AM
Diamonds or private BT trackers?

DanielleD87
12-05-2007, 05:22 AM
diamonds

BLaZiN
12-05-2007, 05:22 AM
Ferraris arent rare. I could get one right now if i had 100-150k.....thats just expsensive lets not confuse the two :P

grimms
12-05-2007, 05:43 AM
It's all about the fact that there hard to get, rare, and everyone wants to a member at these trackers. Sorta like alot of money, even though i would settle for happiness and great health over money, But also take your own sig into consideration and the fact that most of those trackers you mentioned are rare and wanted very much.

orfik
12-05-2007, 06:04 AM
diamonds

Women sure are different. I'd much rather someone just hand me a briefcase full of money when they proposed.

Ænima
12-05-2007, 06:04 AM
nah its like someone else pointed out in another thread its human nature, if someone else has it, we would naturally want it
Ehm, untrue. Plenty of people have plenty of things that are undesirable to the general population.

t0mmy
12-05-2007, 06:05 AM
even i would take the diamonds, money makes the world go around

DanielleD87
12-05-2007, 06:12 AM
diamonds

Women sure are different. I'd much rather someone just hand me a briefcase full of money when they proposed.
you don't get it at all. that and if someone proposed to me he wouldn't have to do it with a ring or a diamond or anything except his love.

getting a diamond as a present is wonderful but the more i think about it the more I have a loss of words. it is a wonderful feeling that i do not know how to explain. there is a difference between getting a present because you want it or need it and getting a present that makes you feel good because the person thought about you enough to want to give you something wonderful. that and it looks and feels wonderful and makes me look good :)

oh god.. the more i read what I wrote above the more i want to delete it. i really am not good at explaining things at all. maybe someone else could help me out so i don't look so retarded.

t0mmy
12-05-2007, 06:17 AM
^ take notes guys :D

DanielleD87
12-05-2007, 06:33 AM
lol everyone is different too so what i say might be the opposite for someone else

Artemis
12-05-2007, 07:02 AM
The 'rare' trackers want to be small community sites, unfortunately this just brings about the grass is greener syndrome where because there is a small user base and a closed invitation system everybody wants to get in because of the fact that it is a restricted membership, and then all to often find that the site wasn't what they were after anyway and spend their time bagging the site.
They don't have the fastest pretimes, they don't have a massive amount of torrents, but they have something else, a small community where everyone shares and most people know each other and where user requests are filled very quickly, they are all about the participation in the community, actively in the forum or on irc.

dave12
12-05-2007, 07:25 AM
its just human nature to explore unknown things for ex human are excited about moon then mars and now the whole universe thats it

fstokebanget
12-05-2007, 08:58 AM
I think, what's so special with the rare trackers, it's its rarity :) Because of its rarity, each community inside offers different things from the others, like FTN, it's now freeleech forever