PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Halite?

12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Now that µTorrent has sold out (plus its not even working properly for me anymore - not even 1.6 version) and Azureus is too processor heavy for my pc I'm looking for an alternative client to use.

Heard something mentioned about 'Halite' being the new µTorrent. Just wondered if anyone had tried it or anything else that works as well as uTorrent ?

:)

p1r4t3
12-04-2007, 04:27 PM
utorrent will work, something wrong with ur configuration. I havent updated since 1.6.1 btw..............

12-04-2007, 04:34 PM
probably is something wrong with my setup - µTorrent works for a while then all I get is innactive torrents (red ticks) - even If I do sort the problem, im not totally trusting µTorrent anymore :dry:

Azureus works fine speed/connection wise, but if I have ten/twenty torrents on the go at once my comp just locks up

Just wanting to find another decent alternative if there is one

:unsure:

bikernin
12-04-2007, 04:40 PM
yea 1.6.1 is still the best utorrent version

12-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Ok, I found another client, the official BitTorrent client 6.0 - available here:

http://www.bittorrent.com/download

looks just like uTorrent and so far is working really well.

DannyGnXz
12-04-2007, 04:55 PM
yea 1.6.1 is still the best utorrent version

+1 utorrent still working for me, and still the only one I use on all my systems

zedex
12-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Now that µTorrent has sold out (plus its not even working properly for me anymore - not even 1.6 version) and Azureus is too processor heavy for my pc I'm looking for an alternative client to use.

Heard something mentioned about 'Halite' being the new µTorrent. Just wondered if anyone had tried it or anything else that works as well as uTorrent ?

what do u mean soldout ? :(

stenalobanja
12-04-2007, 06:12 PM
i use utorrent 1.6.1 and i'm satisfied

12-04-2007, 06:19 PM

Basically sold out to a different company. They now monitor the ip addresses of people who use torrents

or thats what I heard anyway! :(

Anyway, I'm been using the BitTorrent 6.0 application for the last couple of hours and its working loads better than Azureus or µTorrent for me. Might be a router compatibility thing or something.

:huh:

ByteBitten
12-04-2007, 06:27 PM
I haven't seen evidence that the latest version of uTorrent has any type of monitoring yet. uTorrent v. 1.6 works fine. If you describe your problem a bit more, maybe someone could help you. From the red ticks, there might not have been any peers on the torrent or port forwarding was off.

12-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Baically

Azureus (latest version): Works without problems (although slows computer down)

uTorrent (1.6.1): Works great for a week or so, then all the torrents stop working (red ticks). first time I uninstalled and reinstalled - fine again for a week or so then same thing - red ticks and no connection. Don't think its the port forwarding problem cos I check here:

Utorrent port checker: --> http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=47196

and the port is open so I'm not sure what the problem is, just got a bit paranoid about uTorrent hehe! :lol:

If you guys are using uTorrent without problems then it's obviously something wrong my end :yup:

zedex
12-04-2007, 06:35 PM

Basically sold out to a different company. They now monitor the ip addresses of people who use torrents

or thats what I heard anyway! :(

Anyway, I'm been using the BitTorrent 6.0 application for the last couple of hours and its working loads better than Azureus or µTorrent for me. Might be a router compatibility thing or something.

:huh:

still man if u got 1.6 then i guess it safe as long as u dont do updates , and as for bitorrent 6 the question is what do the private trackers mode has to say about it ( like some others clients who has been banned for not sending true data )

Bad Seed
12-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Ok, I found another client, the official BitTorrent client 6.0 - available here:

That's from the same company who bought µTorrent :dabs:

12-04-2007, 06:51 PM

is it? :cry: Sh*t!

think I need to find

'Utorrent Lite'

then!!

:D

markupmaster
12-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Utorrent has always worked fine for me....

Galva
12-04-2007, 11:27 PM

This thread is a classic. The guy complains about utorrent selling out then goes and downloads the client of the company that bought utorrent, comedy doesn't get any better.

5MeoDmt if you are that paranoid I suggest Halite or Deluge I guess...nothing wrong with utorrent though.

12-05-2007, 12:29 AM

This thread is a classic. The guy complains about utorrent selling out then goes and downloads the client of the company that bought utorrent, comedy doesn't get any better.

5MeoDmt if you are that paranoid I suggest Halite or Deluge I guess...nothing wrong with utorrent though.

ok! ok! I'm new at this :D

but to retaliate slightly, there is something wrong with uTorrent, that's why people are moaning about it all over the web, and why you can't update past version 1.6.1

It's a learning curve anyway, If both clients are owned by the same company, and Bittorrent 6.0 runs better than uTorrent 1.6.1 then I may as well use Bittorrent 6.0 until something quicker and safer comes along.

By the way, comedy does come much better than this, check out the 'mighty boosh' series 3!

:naughty:

PX-Magnant
12-05-2007, 04:30 AM
I tried Halite but gave up since I got some bugs/crashes with it. Maybe I will re-test it when it will be more stable for me.

zedex
12-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I tried Halite but gave up since I got some bugs/crashes with it. Maybe I will re-test it when it will be more stable for me.

can u give me a link to Halite plz :)

12-05-2007, 02:28 PM
I downloaded it from Sourceforge

here's the direct link:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/halite/Halite.0_2_9.setup.exe?modtime=1175885254&big_mirror=0

:-)

And here's the 'Deluge' client mentioned earlier:

http://download.deluge-torrent.org/index.php?dir=windows/0.5.7.1/&file=deluge-0.5.7.1-2.exe

(havn't tried that one yet)

let us know how you get on

:cool:

PX-Magnant
12-05-2007, 07:53 PM
You can also download newer "snapshots" on their forum: http://www.binarynotions.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=3 :)