PDA

View Full Version : Attention FST Admins

bikernin
12-04-2007, 07:25 PM
"Selling invites in any form on FST is NOT allowed"
Its very clearly stated in section guidelines that you cannot offer or ask for money, in exchange of invites.
So someone can easily use that money to go and buy a seedbox or an RS premium account and offer that instead. This is happening very consistently here. Isnt this the same as selling/buying invites? Indirectly it is money right?
As we all go by mottos such as 'Never Pay For Filesharing' and 'Invites are meant to be free', I feel this is a trend is against the spirit of filesharing communities.
Most probably you have already taken note of this. While trading free invites for free invites is acceptable, I just feel that this is not fair and really shouldnt be allowed. But well, thats just my opinion..
I just hope that people here dont find it out of my place to say this :mellow:

bikernin
12-04-2007, 07:39 PM
I said its acceptable i.e wont get you banned. Never said its the best thing for your rep here :P

munkyboy04
12-04-2007, 07:42 PM
i completley agree. its an unfair advantage. and is exactley the same as paying for invites.

tralalala
12-04-2007, 07:46 PM
It's not. What about ScT invites? You, in theory, are paying for them to be traded, and therefor are paying for whatever invite you traded them for.

We on FST do not allow the use of money in it's direct form to purchase invites. We do not allow people to sell their invites directly for money. End of story.. Quite simple really.

Skiz
12-04-2007, 07:59 PM
It's not. What about ScT invites? You, in theory, are paying for them to be traded, and therefor are paying for whatever invite you traded them for.

We on FST do not allow the use of money in it's direct form to purchase invites. We do not allow people to sell their invites directly for money. End of story.. Quite simple really.

Couldn't have said that better really.

We cannot determine by what means a member obtained an account they are trading.

There is a definite line between the two.

i completley agree. its an unfair advantage. and is exactley the same as paying for invites.

No, no it isn't.

Often times the member trading the RS account, for example is not even the original purchaser.

xJohnxSmithx
12-04-2007, 08:01 PM

So in your opinion if someone offers a travellers check. Is that ok? How can you draw that line?

Tokeman
12-04-2007, 08:04 PM
travellers checks are monitary funds, a seedbox or RS account is not money, so no, that is not ok.

Skiz
12-04-2007, 08:07 PM

So in your opinion if someone offers a travellers check. Is that ok? How can you draw that line?

A travelers check has a direct monetary value and is considered "same as cash".

Offering $20 for an invite for example is against the rules; the payment method is moot.

JROQuinn
12-04-2007, 08:10 PM
where you buy crap is no ones buisness unless its here, Simple, no money in exchange for any invites or accounts are the rules right? If so then theres nothing to debate. If you wanna buy or sell your invites or accounts somewhere else, go to the torrentfreak forums and scam or get scammed there...

KOneWOne
12-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Often times the member trading the RS account, for example is not even the original purchaser.

true I guess

K1

bikernin
12-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Couldn't have said that better really.

We cannot determine by what means a member obtained an account they are trading.

There is a definite line between the two.

No, no it isn't.

all you say is absolutely correct. but it does leave a loophole that someone desperate can go buy a RS account and offer for exchange. probably nothing can be done about it.
About the S*T invites, even if someone does buy invites there
1) he is already a user there and its not that easy to get in
2) he has to be careful who he invites or his own account can be disabled

Detale
12-04-2007, 09:28 PM
No it is easy to get in if you pay for an invite so Tralala's point is very valid. I never thought trading RS accts was exactly right, I don't believe it's that clear a choice either but after Tra's post It is just about the same thing as P2L sites not just SCT but many many sites offer UL credit with donations. Hell why does no one ever mention RevTT with their double UL credit with donations, or f2reakinBitSoup where it's like 7000Gb for $15 or something.

tralalala
12-06-2007, 09:24 PM

A travelers check has a direct monetary value and is considered "same as cash".

Offering $20 for an invite for example is against the rules; the payment method is moot.

There's my answer right there.. :)

@bikernin - As you can probably understand, we don't care much about what is traded, as long as it isn't money in all of it's forms (5th century roman coins count for that matter), and any other illegal stuff we don't allow here (linkage to warez/cracks/serials etc.., and stuff like that). You get the picture now don't you? :)

Sextent
12-06-2007, 09:30 PM
5th century Roman coins are not legal tender and as such do not constitute money in any meaningful way. Obviously they have a value but that's not the same thing.

tralalala
12-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Umm... roight.

Racket
12-06-2007, 09:36 PM
It's really sad to see how things have shaped to be these days. Trading to get into a site by any means necessary it seems. I do recall a simpler time of just IRC and people's own ftps; sharing was what it was all about. AND of course, racing to be the first! :)

Sextent
12-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Trading to get into a site by any means necessary it seems.

Breaking site rules, fucking up their privacy, risking their security. Anything goes nowadays it would appear.

Peerzy
12-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Why are people worrying about breaking FST rules on trading when most of the time they are breaking the torrent sites own rules by trading by swapping invites with people they don't know?

Racket
12-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Trading to get into a site by any means necessary it seems.

Breaking site rules, fucking up their privacy, risking their security. Anything goes nowadays it would appear.
That's the problem with p2p; it brought the masses to scene content. With the good, comes the bad. lol