PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going To Do This, Who Is With Me?

bc1785
07-23-2003, 01:51 AM
Hi all!
I'm new, but I make a grand entrance! lol :D
I&#39;ve been reading a lot about RIAA and their "attempts" to compensate their artists by trying to take our money. Sure, all of the musicians are starving, and in dire need of money. <_<

I propose we do something (like I mean, beside bitching) and actually do something&#33; I already mentioned this on a previous reply, but I think we should rip all of our CDs up into little pieces and crush them and send them to RIAA. We must leave a note that says something clever as well. I read that someone was going to do this somewhere else, so if I&#39;ve taken someone&#39;s idea I am sorry&#33; I&#39;m simply expanding upon it.

I certainly will not buy another CD from that crappy, narcisistic, disgruntled, pansy company. (Sorry, feeling very flavorful today in regards to my vocabulary). I think everyone should do this, those who do not support what the RIAA is doing anyway. I will not back up the music, because it sucks&#33; Plus, I don&#39;t need any of my RIAA-infested CDs anyway.

The note that comes with the CD must say something good. Like:

"Face the music or you&#39;re going to make it disappear."
"Fans don&#39;t like being sued, you&#39;re breaking us up."
"These CDs once represented our respect for the music industry and its focus on the consumer: Together and whole. But now they represent what the industry is becoming: Shattered and losing focus on whom really matters, the fans."
"I bought these CDs, but you can have them back anyway."
"Stop suing us, you&#39;re killing the music."

I know number 3 is pretty melodramatic, but I like it. I payed for the CDs that I&#39;m sending, but only sending one at a time. Please people tell me what you think and does someone have the RIAA&#39;s address?? :lol:

I&#39;m sure you could find a way to backup your old CDs before you shatter them :rolleyes: Please, unite with me, to slap the RIAA in the face&#33; I think if they keep getting these CDs then they&#39;re gonna crack, no pun intended.

Brad

PS: Please read this article that I wrote about RIAA and what they&#39;re doing. I think it&#39;ll be music to your ears&#33;
http://news.dmusic.com/article/7204

Jibbler
07-23-2003, 02:33 AM
While this may be entertaining, I doubt its going to make much difference. You need to write your senators and explain why laws against filesharing are unjust. ;)

Mr. Blunt
07-23-2003, 02:41 AM
Really good idea&#33;

but I think we should rip all of our CDs up into little pieces and crush them and send them to RIAA.

We paid for them though&#33; The RIAA don&#39;t care around the CDs or music, they care about the MONEY. So if we BUY the CDs then rip them into little pieces, who gets screwed? WE DO.

Just another quote to support my claim above.

If we really want to crush CDs and sent them the RIAA, i suggest you go steal CDs from Wal-Mart or something and then crush/burn/throw/smash the CDs. So we don&#39;t spend money, and they dont earn money.

:lol:

cppwarrior00
07-23-2003, 03:42 AM
bc1785 , well i don&#39;t think is a bad idea but Mr. Blunt is right we get fucked, so has to be a better way to do it. because there this group called " no more aol cd&#39;s" and they&#39;re planning to collect 1 million aol junk cd and bring it back to them, stop sending us junk. i hate aol with a passion and riaa,mpaa, especially microsoft. so if you&#39;re going to do it, count me in &#33;

kAb
07-23-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Blunt@22 July 2003 - 18:41
Really good idea&#33;

but I think we should rip all of our CDs up into little pieces and crush them and send them to RIAA.

We paid for them though&#33; The RIAA don&#39;t care around the CDs or music, they care about the MONEY. So if we BUY the CDs then rip them into little pieces, who gets screwed? WE DO.

Just another quote to support my claim above.

If we really want to crush CDs and sent them the RIAA, i suggest you go steal CDs from Wal-Mart or something and then crush/burn/throw/smash the CDs. So we don&#39;t spend money, and they dont earn money.

:lol:
You&#39;d of course rip them first to your computer, and burn them if you wanted to.

sure itd cost you a couple bucks, but if you could see their faces when you sent them pounds of crushed cds... :D

tite-wad
07-23-2003, 03:48 AM
I could&#39;ve sworn I already replied to this... :wacko:

bc1785, did you post this somewhere else too?

bc1785
07-23-2003, 04:18 AM
:huh: Hi everyone&#33;
Yes, I do realize that they already got our money, but I think it&#39;d be great to send them tons of CDs (I personally don&#39;t want mine anymore, because they&#39;re tainted).

But I didn&#39;t mean go out and buy NEW CDs, I meant use the older ones that you don&#39;t listen to, or those that you don&#39;t want.

I appreciate all of your replies, and urge you all to do this&#33; I will do this, because I&#39;m very bored these days. Sick of watching CNN about news about the RIAA.

But I do have a lot of access to AOL Trial CDs. But those wouldn&#39;t be real music CDs, so it wouldn&#39;t really serve the purpose of sending music CDs.

And, yes, they already have our money, but the point is getting them to realize that they&#39;re getting anymore of it.

I&#39;m gonna start tomorrow.
-brad
@tite-wad: bc1785, did you post this somewhere else too?
Not to my knowledge :huh:

Ferasso
07-23-2003, 04:26 AM
I just couldn&#39;t understand one thing:

How could i do that if:
1) ALL music that i have was downloaded from P2P programs
2) I&#39;ve NEVER bought a CD? :o

In my point of view, i&#39;m doing a good job not buying CD from these records... :D

tite-wad
07-23-2003, 04:27 AM
Huh&#33; The board must&#39;ve thrown out my reply during one of it&#39;s many belches...

Oh well, I pretty much said the same as the others: nice idea, but ain&#39;t gonna bust up 250+ CDs.

:rolleyes:

bc1785
07-23-2003, 04:39 AM
Well, it seems that I&#39;ll be the only one who sends them sharp shards of shiny metallic-like objects. Oh well, it&#39;ll be fun.

I mean, to say again, if we hate what they&#39;re doing, this is one thing that can be done. But if anyone can think of anything better, then I&#39;m all ears.

Mr. Blunt
07-23-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by kAb@23 July 2003 - 03:45
sure itd cost you a couple bucks, but if you could see their faces when you sent them pounds of crushed cds... :D
I personally don&#39;t think that the RIAA cares about their music or their CDs. Yeah, lets look at their faces when they recieve the crushed cds, but wait hold up. Who&#39;s money is that in their back pocket? OUR MONEY. The money we spent on that crushed cd that we don&#39;t have anymore.

Yeah you could rip them. Some people are complaining about the quality of music, yet some are complaing about the price. If you don&#39;t like the quality of the music, but don&#39;t care about the price then this is one good idea for them. Yet, there still are people who just don&#39;t buy because of the money, and those people get fucked when they do something like this.

Messican
07-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Why, good idea&#33;

Livy
07-24-2003, 09:34 PM
or why not instead of crushing our old cds, make up new copied ones and send it to them, to show defience or that we dont care, and it wouldnt matter as cdr costs pennies now anyway

Ron
07-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Why not simply start an email campaign?
Much cheaper, and just as effective, I think.
We have some great spammers here, so the RIAA would have a hell of a job reading/deleting all of them.
Who knows, with a little bit of luck, we might even overload their server, so they can&#39;t search for sharers for a while. B)

LightFades
07-25-2003, 10:57 AM
I have allready sent an E-Mail to the RIAA website anouncing my intention to boycott their products and to tell more people to do so as well. If the boycott is well pronounced, and followed, the sting will be enough to make them feel it. The people recieving threats should all contact the EFF lawyer to handle their case, as a singular voice for the many may work more in their favor. We&#39;ll just have to wait and see how it pans out. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Raere
07-27-2003, 01:35 AM
I haven&#39;t bought a CD in 3 years.
I don&#39;t even listen to copyrighted music anymore.
The RIAA is totally evil,I&#39;m going to send a letter to someone.

nahan
07-27-2003, 05:08 AM
I personally saw we should send them letters bombs ,because in a way they are trying to bite the hand that feeds them ?

I like kabs Idea best,but they are all good.
My question is where the hell do we find these bastard guys ,they seem to have a way of finding us.
SO we contact them where ?
email ,fax ,phone,snail mail,packaged bomb. I can do them all.

chalkmongoose
07-27-2003, 05:17 AM
What if someone with some free time and some money lying around did this:
Assemble enough CDs to fill an old-tyme wooden barrel.
Fill said barrel with CDs, and when the CDs fill up to each hoop, spread a layer of napalm (very easy to make).
Apply lid of barrel, attach detonation device to inside of lid
Rig nails so removing them triggers a contact wire and BOOM
Suddenly the RIAA mailroom is ablaze in a firey hell of CD diskettes.

chalkmongoose
07-27-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by nahan@27 July 2003 - 05:08
I personally saw we should send them letters bombs ,because in a way they are trying to bite the hand that feeds them ?

I like kabs Idea best,but they are all good.
My question is where the hell do we find these bastard guys ,they seem to have a way of finding us.
SO we contact them where ?
email ,fax ,phone,snail mail,packaged bomb. I can do them all.
Fine, but are you willing to die for your cause? You will surely get the lethal injection for blowing up someplace. That&#39;s why, when I suggested exploding a barrel of CDs, I was careful to get someone else to do it (perhaps you?)

Also, I did look up the WHOIS information for RIAA.ORG, (got it off of Network Solutions)
Here she is:
Registrant:
Recording Industry Association Of America (RIAA2-DOM)
1330 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036
US

Domain Name: RIAA.ORG

Administrative Contact:
Karaganis, Jerome (35559870P) [email protected]
Recording Industry Association Of America
1330 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036
US
202-775-0101 fax: 202-775-7253
Technical Contact:
GNMC (VXGTRUVDOO) [email protected]
3324 Hollenberg
Bridgeton, MO 63044
US
314-264-9672 fax: 281-664-9975

Record expires on 09-Jan-2006.
Record created on 03-Oct-2002.
Database last updated on 27-Jul-2003 01:21:17 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.TST-US.COM 67.94.110.235
NS1.TST-US.COM 68.163.90.235
NS2.TST-US.COM 146.82.174.235