PDA

View Full Version : OINK & Demonoid alternatives...(been away)

bosse de nage
12-04-2007, 11:06 PM
i'm sure it's been talked to death around here but i just got back online after a long month of despair about my favorite torrents sites being molested and killed.

i'm sure nothing is comparable yet to either of the sites right?
which trackers seem to be picking up where they left off?

i'm in to rare old time music and obscure independent things and the torrent sites i've looked at seem to only have popular content. is any music tracker trying to create a system for linking together similar artist or are any setting up with the monkey wrench editable format for linking to similar artist...i loved that about oink..
well thanks.
andru

fOrUmAs
12-04-2007, 11:10 PM
there is so many topics abouth this...u should use search button:)

Well since Oink have gone there is 2 new probably next leader in music whatcd and waffle..

Hanz™
12-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Waffles is the leading music site, since OiNK went down.

pro267
12-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Some people have suggested Zamunda as a replacement to Demonoid.

Scottwurst
12-04-2007, 11:20 PM
So what's the best way for a former OiNK user to get an invite to Waffles?

LoKaLiRi
12-04-2007, 11:32 PM
More Topics have the same idea , :( Search and Dont Spam Again

bosse de nage
12-04-2007, 11:59 PM
sorry i obstructed your riteous path sir.

fOrUmAs
12-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Waffles is the leading music site, since OiNK went down.

no its not,both site are and also waffle have 14,567 ,whatcd have 30,700 users..

like i said whatcd and wafffle are the best,but if u cant get in u can easy get stmusic

D3LBOY
12-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Zamunda is said to be the replacement for demonoid and whatcd and waffles for OiNK

MrLazy
12-05-2007, 12:54 AM
its more likely Waffles for music ;)

t0mmy
12-05-2007, 12:55 AM

before you could apply for membership through email, if you still had proof of your OiNK membership, but some peoples replies took upwards of a few weeks..

Hanz™
12-05-2007, 02:55 AM
The best way of getting into waffles is to actually prove to others that you are a good music uploader.
And by that I mean, don't just prove that you have high ratios.
Prove that you have a large quantity of music in V0/V2/FLAC/Scene ready to upload.

That'll be a sure fire way of getting noticed.

I wouldn't invite somebody from here even if they had like 600GB upload on FTN or SCT. To me it's all about how willing somebody is to upload music, and how much good quality stuff they have to offer. :)

Edit: That was a fucking huge hint, that you'll probably not get.

Magnum
12-05-2007, 04:07 AM
Waffles!
Zamunda!

grimms
12-05-2007, 05:49 AM
Waffles, What, Stmusic, Mininova. Try those, just have to manage to get invites to the first three.

orfik
12-05-2007, 05:53 AM
i'm sure it's been talked to death around here but i just got back online after a long month of despair about my favorite torrents sites being molested and killed.

i'm sure nothing is comparable yet to either of the sites right?
which trackers seem to be picking up where they left off?

i'm in to rare old time music and obscure independent things and the torrent sites i've looked at seem to only have popular content. is any music tracker trying to create a system for linking together similar artist or are any setting up with the monkey wrench editable format for linking to similar artist...i loved that about oink..
well thanks.
andru

LOL. Graphic. :lol:

carpediemm
12-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Zamunda seems to be closed:(
Sorry

The current user account limit (500,000) has been reached. Inactive accounts are pruned all the time, please check back again later...

Is there a invite system? How long has this tracker been alive?

mayank23
12-06-2007, 12:11 PM
I like mininova too ..

marksman
12-06-2007, 01:26 PM
sorry i obstructed your riteous path sir.

Lmao!

lolapolake
12-06-2007, 01:30 PM
send me a pm, and I'll hook you up with a what.cd invite

AmeriKan
01-10-2008, 07:41 AM
hey guys, i'm having the same issues. since demonoid has had legal troubles, i wasn't sure where to go and i upon, found this. the only one's i could get memberships to though was just zamunda, and i was wondering if anyone could maybe give me an invite to waffles, stmusic, or what.cd.. if anyone could do so, it'd be greatly appreciated from one pirate to another.

Dark Archon
01-10-2008, 09:51 AM

before you could apply for membership through email, if you still had proof of your OiNK membership, but some peoples replies took upwards of a few weeks..

I think only a hand full of people who submitted proof got in...in the end they don't reply the email anymore:(

wjamsqka
01-10-2008, 10:26 AM
hope demonoid be back soon

ecin
01-10-2008, 10:29 AM
waffles, what.cd, stmusic are far from OiNK, but if you are in one of the first 2 and stmusic, you'll get relative close. Even better if you have all 3, but what.cd and waffles content are about 70% the same anyways.

For Demonoid many say Zamunda. Site looks good if you use dark theme and Opera (they should really switch to donating rather than banner spam). Far from Demonoid yet either, but it's growing.

And idd, use search in the future please o:

panoli
01-10-2008, 10:33 AM
what.cd is gud. and zamunda.net is not bad.

chival4ry
01-10-2008, 10:51 AM
hope demonoid be back soon
The same here. :)

1000possibleclaws
01-10-2008, 11:02 AM
even if demonoid comes back (doubt it), wouldnt it need to start completely from scratch? i doubt anyone has kept their seeds in their client for this long.. would it ever get back to where it used to be? it seems so much has changed since it went offline

Beliboy
01-10-2008, 11:13 AM
I think Zamunda is not bad but it's far from Demonoid, which was so special, that it can't be sustituted.

twist off
01-10-2008, 02:13 PM
even if demonoid comes back (doubt it), wouldnt it need to start completely from scratch? i doubt anyone has kept their seeds in their client for this long.. would it ever get back to where it used to be? it seems so much has changed since it went offline

From what I've heard, is that Deimos kept all of his server info. Also, people are still able to seed... Anyway, even if that is not true, I'm sure that it would pick up pretty fast, looking at the popularity of the site.

But, yeah, Zemunda is pretty nice (content wise) and they had open signups yesterday... :)

What and waffles might be a little harder to get into...

lostdemon
01-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Demonoid is wanted more for a comeback more than Michael Jordan was wanted back when he first retired. But in this case if it does come back I think it would bounce back faster and and be like it was never gone. :yup:

Jackel09
01-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Zamunda was open for me. You can try it again if ya want.

BEGINER
01-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Demonoid is wanted more for a comeback more than Michael Jordan was wanted back when he first retired. But in this case if it does come back I think it would bounce back faster and and be like it was never gone. :yup:I hope you right...I also preying to Demonoid comeback,and i hope and try every day demonoid on google,but:cry:

Scavenger
01-10-2008, 09:33 PM
For OiNK u have waffles & what.. and for Demonoid.. i think TL is good even Zamunda.. not just too good as demonoid, but are good choices.

bigtone
01-10-2008, 10:36 PM
i just joined zamunda... Can't read half the comments though, what is that...russian?

er... based on the flag, bulgarian?

Beliboy
01-10-2008, 11:09 PM
i just joined zamunda... Can't read half the comments though, what is that...russian?

er... based on the flag, bulgarian?

it must be bulgarian, like ArenaBG

mazerino
01-13-2008, 01:28 AM
no its not,both site are and also waffle have 14,567 ,whatcd have 30,700 users..

like i said whatcd and wafffle are the best,but if u cant get in u can easy get stmusic

How do you easily get stmusic? I was on but I forgot my u/p and tried to reset it, but apparently their mail server is broken. So, I can't login anymore and signup is closed.

buggyfresh
01-13-2008, 02:09 AM
So far STmusic has been good - hope one day to get into waffles or what.

Zamunda has been great wrt speed (plenty seeders and leechers across most torrents) and content , also decent variety - more like demonoid than nay I've been so far...

ksg567
01-13-2008, 07:57 AM
what.cd is the best for music

C-mos
01-13-2008, 09:59 AM
there are different genres on every tracker..
i can't believe that everyone says that waffles and what are the best music trackers

maybe for flac or..alternative rock
but we have TT for trance
elektronik for elektronik
e**** for lossless music lol :|

Ahmed047
01-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Zamunda is good but the problem is that i Can't read the bulgarian comments !!!!

leebSaMmY
01-16-2008, 08:21 PM
use waffles, what, vipv2, TT, and Stmusic as alternatives for oink.

ShadowsServant
01-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Zamunda can sure fit a lot a spam in one window! I'll give it a try but nothing has replaced demonoid like Waffles and the like have done for Oink. :(

zxcv
01-17-2008, 12:21 AM
zamunda it's a good replacement... for bulgarians!!!
I'm not saying zamunda it's bad, better than nothing.
there is a new one called: http://torrentstorage.com/
only with uor downloads there will be better each day."replacement" = subjective, if you want 0day releases, private trackers are better replacement than demonoid...