PDA

View Full Version : Inactive Accounts Banned In Tl

LoKaLiRi
12-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Recent News IN Torrent Leech :cool:

We were forced to ban a few thousands of accounts that were completely inactive for weeks, due to the fact, that there are cases of people selling their accounts. We are determined to find every single account sold (and we will) and ban not only the one who sold it but also the one who bought it and the one who invited the seller too.

We give a last chance to anyone who bought an account, to come forward and admit it, and in honor of helping us find the seller, we will spare his account. If we find it ourselves, he will lose his account along with the seller. Anyone who wishes to come forward should pm ***

so dont Sell or Buy Accounts and Be active or u will Banned :angry:

t0mmy
12-05-2007, 12:54 AM
great news :D TL ftw, even though its part of the rules people still try and trade accounts

IceTee
12-05-2007, 01:11 AM
Finally.
TL is a GREAT tracker. (one of the best IMHO)
These sort of things (cleaning accounts etc) just make it even better ;)

t0mmy
12-05-2007, 01:12 AM
yep :D we just need to trim down a couple of tens of thousands of accounts :D

fOrUmAs
12-05-2007, 01:20 AM
this also could mean that will get some invite soon :P

titofat
12-05-2007, 01:44 AM

i hope that too

thanks for info man

mrnobody
12-05-2007, 01:54 AM
i like the "last chance" part. Is a good enough incetive to report oneself.

Invite sellers deserve to get kicked from torrenting forever...and i hope they will publicially giveout the info of those invite sellers.

Cheffy
12-05-2007, 02:20 AM
I like the fact that they think they can catch all the accounts :p

200.000 accounts, good luck browsing trough them to find sold accounts.
This might just be a scare to get people t ocome forth so they can get the ip of the sellers.

Enlightened
12-05-2007, 02:30 AM

This might just be a scare to get people t ocome forth so they can get the ip of the sellers.
IP Change [ Different countries] ,Email change, Password Change. I am pretty sure they have Scripts that will triggered off and alert them.
also, almost all Trackers have some sort of a "timer', to see when was the last time U check in....

all these "help" them to run all the accounts with a program, and start separating those "Bad Seeds"....:rolleyes:

Hanz™
12-05-2007, 03:46 AM

IP Change [ Different countries] ,Email change, Password Change. I am pretty sure they have Scripts that will triggered off and alert them.
also, almost all Trackers have some sort of a "timer', to see when was the last time U check in....

all these "help" them to run all the accounts with a program, and start separating those "Bad Seeds"....:rolleyes:
Yes, it's actually quite easy to see. Some trackers are lazy, or don't want to be heavy handed, but traders/sellers are stupid to think they aren't traceable.

grimms
12-05-2007, 05:52 AM
I agree with the way TL do things i dislike account traders. Giving out invites is fine when your responsible with who your inviting. TL invite system is disabled anyways so it will be hard to get in if not impossible. Execellent tracker BTW.

aysomc
12-05-2007, 06:14 AM
why buy a TL account lol. i know its a good 0day tracker and all but if sct is 20 euro i wonder how much TL went for.......... 56 cents and a hug maybe?

t0mmy
12-05-2007, 06:19 AM
TL wouldve probably went for more, its more known to the average joe, i know i never heard of SCT before i really got into the bittorent scene

dave12
12-05-2007, 09:10 AM
before these news are they are not pruning inactive acts

undercoverbro
12-05-2007, 09:28 AM
why buy a TL account lol. i know its a good 0day tracker and all but if sct is 20 euro i wonder how much TL went for.......... 56 cents and a hug maybe?

I believe most people without seedbox access would much rather have a tl account.

aysomc
12-05-2007, 09:56 AM
well i believe that i dont have a seedbox yet id take sct over tl any day. if you're not a moron surviving on sct isnt a problem.

danio
12-05-2007, 10:08 AM
this is great news!

LoKaLiRi
12-05-2007, 10:54 AM
i think this is the first move to get the invite system back again soon :) that will be Nice too much to have invites again and to be responsible with who your inviting

bhovoi
12-05-2007, 11:04 AM
i wish that TL will open for registration these christmas....:)

t0mmy
12-05-2007, 11:05 AM
so more invite/account sellers will join more freely? :o

"Last month we were forced to ban a few hundreds of accounts that were completely inactive for weeks, due to the fact, that there are cases of people selling their accounts. We are determined to find every single account sold (and we will) and ban not only the one who sold it but also the one who bought it and the one who invited the seller too.

We give a last chance to anyone who bought an account, or traded one (invites not included, they are legal, unless you paid for it,) to come forward and admit it. In honor of helping us find the seller, we will spare his account. If we find it ourselves, he will for sure lose his account along with the seller."

taken from TTi, they following in the footsteps of TL? :)

ranran1234
12-05-2007, 11:25 AM
yeah TL is the best tracker

masterbat
12-05-2007, 11:40 AM
imagine if tl had a better forum and a better design :D

/me loves TL

t0mmy
12-05-2007, 11:48 AM
yeah the only thing letting them is the forums, and the designs of the forums has something to do with it aswell :) but their irc channel isnt too bad

kingrob
12-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Registered users 164,884

since yesterday i have had 30k accounts deleted
and had another 5k banned for selling or trading accounts or invites

i have a list of over 20k accounts left to check
but i will get there by xmas day :D

Swift
12-05-2007, 11:58 AM
sorry for dobule post... but the forum works slow :|:|

Swift
12-05-2007, 12:06 PM
the forum is not that good but the rest it`s perfect ;)

i love it and this is a good idea , making it a better tracker ( then it is at the moment ) :D

t0mmy
12-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Registered users 164,884

hehe good luck :D any hints as though invites maybe open again after the cleanup?

fOrUmAs
12-05-2007, 12:38 PM
strange but almost the same massage that is on TL is now on TTi also:ermm:

Last month we were forced to ban a few hundreds of accounts that were completely inactive for weeks, due to the fact, that there are cases of people selling their accounts. We are determined to find every single account sold (and we will) and ban not only the one who sold it but also the one who bought it and the one who invited the seller too.

We give a last chance to anyone who bought an account, or traded one (invites not included, they are legal, unless you paid for it,) to come forward and admit it. In honor of helping us find the seller, we will spare his account. If we find it ourselves, he will for sure lose his account along with the seller.

Anyone who wishes to come forward should pm *******

kyrcer
12-05-2007, 12:42 PM

A lot of work to do. Maybe people think about their acc.

IceTee
12-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Registered users 164,884

Nice! :happy:

carpediemm
12-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Haha, owned:) I'm active there so it's not a problem for me

Markus_18
12-05-2007, 02:33 PM
I dont have any problems with Tl ... i am very active .

dcliffnotes
12-05-2007, 03:24 PM
i hope they bring the invites back up. i did noticed that though, tti and tl have same message.

BawA
12-05-2007, 04:20 PM
funny almost same msg is on TTI

Last month we were forced to ban a few hundreds of accounts that were completely inactive for weeks, due to the fact, that there are cases of people selling their accounts. We are determined to find every single account sold (and we will) and ban not only the one who sold it but also the one who bought it and the one who invited the seller too.

We give a last chance to anyone who bought an account, or traded one (invites not included, they are legal, unless you paid for it,) to come forward and admit it. In honor of helping us find the seller, we will spare his account. If we find it ourselves, he will for sure lose his account along with the seller.

We were forced to ban a few thousands of accounts that were completely inactive for weeks, due to the fact, that there are cases of people selling their accounts. We are determined to find every single account sold (and we will) and ban not only the one who sold it but also the one who bought it and the one who invited the seller too.

We give a last chance to anyone who bought an account, to come forward and admit it, and in honor of helping us find the seller, we will spare his account. If we find it ourselves, he will lose his account along with the seller. Anyone who wishes to come forward should pm NEO

masterbat
12-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Registered users 164,884

so planning on enabling the invites again ? :naughty:

danio
12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
personally, i wouldn't mind if they kept the invitesystem down for a bit longer. just to really make people understand that it is important to follow the rules. and if the invites where to come back soon, i sure hope that they don't give out as many invites as they did before.

jesper12345
12-05-2007, 06:54 PM

i hope that too

thanks for info man

That wasn´t info... That was guessing

Defy
12-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Selling torrent accounts and invites is just plain stupid. I hope that ones decision to take part in account/invite selling comes back to bite them in the ass 10 fold. :happy:

YoYoY
12-05-2007, 07:18 PM
good news
Tl have alot of inactive accounts
they will clean the site

Zeus
12-05-2007, 08:49 PM
One of these days the TL sysops will realise it would be a lot easier just to auto-prune inactive accounts.

kingrob
12-05-2007, 09:06 PM
we do any account not used in 42 days

this lot was not the same it was accounts logged in to every few weeks but not used to down or upload
so they got around the auto wipe
we are now wiping any accounts not used

danio
12-05-2007, 11:31 PM
we do any account not used in 42 days

this lot was not the same it was accounts logged in to every few weeks but not used to down or upload
so they got around the auto wipe
we are now wiping any accounts not used

So what you are saying is that in the future, logging in to the site is not sufficient for being considered an "active" member, but you have to leech/seed within these 42 days or you loose the account? This should not be a problem though (for me that is), except during summer holidays when i'm away for 3 months. but i hope it won't be a problem to sort that out with you guys.. anyway, that is a later question.

t0mmy
12-06-2007, 06:01 AM
im sure if you notify the staff at TL before you head off, they will understand :)

blackbird
12-06-2007, 07:01 AM
nice move from tl..