12-05-2007, 05:11 AM
Yes, I know general invites are closed. I'm hoping I can get in anyway. :happy:

Enlightened
12-05-2007, 05:21 AM

How?.someone "Gives" U an acct?

orfik
12-05-2007, 05:22 AM
No, mods can bring in new people. Or so I hear. On an unrelated note, I'm glad to see enlightenment has led you to "Thongs" and illiteracy.

Enlightened
12-05-2007, 05:34 AM
No, mods can bring in new people. Or so I hear. On an unrelated note, I'm glad to see enlightenment has led you to "Thongs" and illiteracy.
Yeah. like Mods or SySCop from E***O , is just going to drop an Invite into your PM Box.Get Real, Dude......stop smokin' that SH*T .http://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/145.gif (http://www.postsmile.com/)
http://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/150.gif (http://www.postsmile.com/)

th0r
12-05-2007, 05:38 AM

What can you bring to the E**** tracker and community?

orfik
12-05-2007, 05:45 AM
Any of the ~900 cds/records I own that isn't already on the site and anything I buy in the future (which is very often). A comprehensive knowledge of IDM, trip-hop, electronic, classical, shoegaze, etc. A mediocre connection that will be devoted almost entirely to the site, 24/7. An almost self-destructive devotion to music.

hopes
12-05-2007, 06:14 AM
Any of the ~900 cds/records I own that isn't already on the site and anything I buy in the future (which is very often). A comprehensive knowledge of IDM, trip-hop, electronic, classical, shoegaze, etc. A mediocre connection that will be devoted almost entirely to the site, 24/7. An almost self-destructive devotion to music.

Great answer. I hope u'll get it.

th0r
12-05-2007, 06:16 AM
An almost self-destructive devotion to music.

You forgot a certain know-how which is the most important thing.

orfik
12-05-2007, 06:31 AM
Do you mean the ability to produce a perfect FLAC rip, because I thought that went without saying. The ability to know good music when I hear it? The ability to contribute? The ability to forget where that body was buried? After I bury it?

12-05-2007, 06:57 AM
i Can say that u deserve an invite

but u came in the Wrong place full of Bad Guys

Traders :lol:

Hope u get it

Mister Moo
12-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Do you mean the ability to produce a perfect FLAC rip, because I thought that went without saying. The ability to know good music when I hear it? The ability to contribute? The ability to forget where that body was buried? After I bury it?

yarp those e* guys are really picky on their rips, I did it wrong once and got a 2 month warning.. :wacko:

JROQuinn
12-05-2007, 07:05 AM
wow strict for quality, I like that... been thinking about getting a flac standalone player, wouldnt mind an invite myself

orfik
12-05-2007, 07:10 AM

yarp those e* guys are really picky on their rips, I did it wrong once and got a 2 month warning.. :wacko:

Not worried about that at all.

th0r
12-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Do you mean the ability to produce a perfect FLAC rip, because I thought that went without saying.

And you mentioned you had ~900 CDs and records around? Do you know how to rip from vinyl (up to high standards)? Do you know how to scan high-quality album artwork?

I'd say you'd make a good recommendation apart from all the traders here, but sadly I don't have the ability to request an invite.

Hopefully a staff member picks up this thread and gives their input or even contacts you.

orfik
12-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Do you mean the ability to produce a perfect FLAC rip, because I thought that went without saying.

And you mentioned you had ~900 CDs and records around? Do you know how to rip from vinyl (up to high standards)? Do you know how to scan high-quality album artwork?

I'd say you'd make a good recommendation apart from all the traders here, but sadly I don't have the ability to request an invite.

Hopefully a staff member picks up this thread and gives their input or even contacts you.

I need a little work, and yes. I'm hoping for that, too, but I've got nothing but time and I only care about music, so I'm willing to be as patient as I am persistent.

vinhkhang01
12-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Good luck to you. I recalled that one of their requirements is knowing how to rip from vinyl.

orfik
12-05-2007, 10:03 AM
I know how, but I haven't had to for a site requirement, so it'd take a few tries to get it up to standard. I'm sure I'd have the time since I hear you aren't allowed to upload immediately.

th0r
12-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Good luck, buddy, and I really mean it this time.

orfik
12-05-2007, 10:24 AM
:happy: I really appreciate that. I really like this forum sometimes. That's a lot of "really".

danio
12-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Good luck, buddy, and I really mean it this time.

am i the reason for your sig. update? haha sorry about that :)

murphdog
12-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Good luck to you. I recalled that one of their requirements is knowing how to rip from vinyl.

I call bullshit on this.

Lizard King
12-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Do you have Pedros acc? it's quiet simillar to E and also being uploader and good user there is the best way to receive E invite

orfik
12-05-2007, 08:43 PM
No, I got banned from Pedro's for arguing with a mod.

edeinho
12-05-2007, 09:53 PM

be easy with them:D... also good luck to you!

durex
12-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I think you were very genuine on all of your posts, so I definitively believe that you'd be a nice member on E****

Lizard King
12-05-2007, 10:11 PM

I also think you will be good member at E, bur you shouldn't arguing with staff, It never ends good ;) Maybe shlould you try come back to Pedro's. i can invite you if you don't have IP ban.
btw: I like your avatar :) good luck

grimms
12-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Hope you get back in mate. You alright with me. Good Luck!

orfik
12-05-2007, 11:50 PM

I also think you will be good member at E, bur you shouldn't arguing with staff, It never ends good ;) Maybe shlould you try come back to Pedro's. i can invite you if you don't have IP ban.
btw: I like your avatar :) good luck

I agree, it is sort of pointless. I think I'll be cool with E****. Like I said, my bandwidth is limited, so I figure I should focus it.

I appreciate all the encouragement from you guys. :fst:

Nietzsche
12-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Lol you judge people that they deserve it after reading one post... I can write I'm a Chopin's grandgrand son, have audio station for $200,000,000 and 9 billion CDs, can I have an invite ?

Stop belivin in bullshit people write on internet... some of them are really good story writers...

G-Force
12-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Lol you judge people that they deserve it after reading one post... I can write I'm a Chopin's grandgrand son, have audio station for $200,000,000 and 9 billion CDs, can I have an invite ?

Stop belivin in bullshit people write on internet... some of them are really good story writers...

And what proof do you have to suggest he is lying?

nbo
12-05-2007, 11:56 PM
many here would be good active members on e****, ftwr, fsc and many other...
but this is the wrong place to ask though, and please note, not the worng place to be.
if u ask u wont get one but i can tell you that all the good trackers have staff members here quietly inviting good helpful very active, old, (non traders usually), to their trackers, but u have to wait a while. though probably most of them give them out in the "trusted forum", which you probably wouldnt be able to access now...

Nietzsche
12-05-2007, 11:58 PM
E**** is for people who can find it. It is easy once you are really devouted to music.

This place is not one of the places where you should seek it. Pedro's mods are really friendly and respectfull, i dont know why you argued with them... but one thing i know for sure, they were probably the best chance to get you into e****.

orfik
12-06-2007, 12:02 AM

Lol. I'm 22. My claim is ~900, which comes to what, ~2 CDs a week since I'm 14. Considering most of my time, money and energy goes into music, you're right, that's a pretty crazy claim. And the day a SL-1200 costs $200,000,000 that shit goes to ebay and I'll just pay my favorite artists to play in my living room.

E**** is for people who can find it. It is easy once you are really devouted to music.

This place is not one of the places where you should seek it. Pedro's mods are really friendly and respectfull, i dont know why you argued with them... but one thing i know for sure, they were probably the best chance to get you into e****.

You're right, they are. I argued with one. And at the end of the day it's only a BT tracker. I'm happy to contribute and follow the rules, but I'm not getting on my knees for a mod. It's not that serious. ;)

Lizard King
12-06-2007, 12:14 AM
there is one thing I can't still understand. Why do you want so much E and you dont want Pedros? Even if you have ban for ip i can talk with Pedro. I made it once and he unbanned ip range for someone

nbo
12-06-2007, 12:15 AM
heres a guess, could be because of something called the wiaw thread??

monk3y
12-06-2007, 12:22 AM

+1

mrnobody
12-06-2007, 12:27 AM
^ yaeeee

Enlightened
12-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Get it from Usernet

goysalh
12-06-2007, 12:39 AM
I think to be active not enough for this tracker.Most important Have you chance or not.

orfik
12-06-2007, 12:40 AM

+1

Wow. I've openly criticized the WIAW thread. I think it eschews content for exclusivity and demand. If we used that thread as a general standard, the Mcdonald's Mcrib would be worth far more than a meal at a nice restaurant. I'm looking for E**** because I've heard, from the members at Pedro's, that it's a very high quality tracker, and I'm serious about music. And, like I said before, my bandwidth is limited. For now I'd rather focus it on one lossless tracker.

_coder_
12-06-2007, 12:48 AM

I dont think you or anyone else here has proof that he is NOT lying either so lets just leave it at that.

G-Force
12-06-2007, 12:51 AM

I dont think you or anyone else here has proof that he is NOT lying either so lets just leave it at that.

of course we don't, but shouldn't it be innocent until proven guilty? This forum clearly wouldn't work if everyone constantly got accused of lying which has been happening way to much lately.

nbo
12-06-2007, 01:01 AM
blaa blaa blaaaa
i wonder what would happen if it were made that easy, im sue you wouldnt c 10000 lying requests the next day.
everyone and anyone knows it- fst is one of the worsts place to come and ask for ivites like e**** in public, find it hard to believe? look at all the spam each post brings, then look at the rep, then the wiwa thread, then the "scammers" thread, if this is not enough tell me and ill explain it to you.

G-Force
12-06-2007, 01:11 AM
blaa blaa blaaaa
i wonder what would happen if it were made that easy, im sue you wouldnt c 10000 lying requests the next day.
everyone and anyone knows it- fst is one of the worsts place to come and ask for ivites like e**** in public, find it hard to believe? look at all the spam each post brings, then look at the rep, then the wiwa thread, then the "scammers" thread, if this is not enough tell me and ill explain it to you.

I know how FST works as i have been around here for a long time now, and sadly the quality of this place is degrading due to people questioning everyone motive and playing devils advocate.

I remember the day when invites where alot easier to obtain and when people here were actually looking out for each other rather than trying to shot each other down.

nbo
12-06-2007, 01:28 AM
i dont know ive been here for 10 months now it all seems the same to me.
like it or not this isnt the place to ask to get invites to places like e****, its a fact that most staff members who wonder around here come to catch users who go against the rules and not to hand out invites.

orfik
12-06-2007, 01:30 AM
I respect this conversation and all, but can we have it elsewhere?

G-Force
12-06-2007, 01:35 AM
Sorry Orfic, good luck mate.