PDA

View Full Version : If I move...

bbnap
12-05-2007, 01:50 PM
I plan to move within 6 months, and since I get the pleasure of seeing traders get banned for IP changes, I'm wondering how I should do this. I'm on maybe 10 trackers, so I was thinking of writing in my profile, Moving within 6 months. I'm wondering if those disables are instant on IP range change if so I'd have to go to IRC and talk to an admin anyways.

DannyGnXz
12-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Just check with the individual sites.... Most of them don't even care. And since all of your other info is the same, ie email, log in stuff etc, you can easily prove that its you.

dave12
12-05-2007, 01:56 PM
trackers dont ban u for an ip change but may if you are moving from one country to other than it may be a problem

bbnap
12-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I don't want to give too many details here, but I'm moving just a few states away within the United States. E-mail, login, password = all the same.

dcliffnotes
12-05-2007, 03:18 PM
id say just talk to the staff of each tracker. they should understand. some dont care about ip change and some are really strict, so be careful.

bikernin
12-05-2007, 03:59 PM
some trackers like bitmetv are very strict about ip changes. but they are very few in no. just go to the irc channel and tell them in advance. if they have auto disable scripts for ip changes, the admins will surely reenable you. play safe - inform in advance

prescript
12-05-2007, 04:01 PM
dont worry about it bro. 1 ip change in 6 months is nothin

Defy
12-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Aye... I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just as long as you don't go changing your email and password along with the IP change everything should be fine. :P

If you still feel uncomfortable though, or if you think the staff is really strict, then talk with them in IRC.

YoYoY
12-05-2007, 06:18 PM
I just hope you don't cancel your moving because of torrent sites :P

SDT
12-05-2007, 06:55 PM

no i wouldn't advise doing that lol that would make u kind of addicted :D

masterbat
12-05-2007, 06:58 PM
just let the staff know when you are changing countries

use your fuking common sense

undercoverbro
12-05-2007, 06:59 PM
You'll be fine if you don't change the other info on your accounts

IceTee
12-05-2007, 07:18 PM

:lol:

luckylittle
12-05-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't think it will be a problem. I am traveling a lot - back and force (EU and USA) and I never had problems with it. I used like 16 different IPs (random WiFi networks) from two countries...

Zeus
12-05-2007, 08:47 PM
You have nothing to worry about. I have logged in to all of my accounts from different ips, including from other countries and have never had any problems. No site bans you because of an ip change.

Squizzle
12-05-2007, 09:59 PM
You have nothing to worry about. I have logged in to all of my accounts from different ips, including from other countries and have never had any problems. No site bans you because of an ip change.

Not strictly true.

Most sites have staff tools that will monitor and track suspicious account activity.

In today's climate of trading, some trackers are actually very likely to question or ban your account due to suspicious activity.

Don't be too confident that sites don't take any notice of ISP and country changes, that's all I'm saying.

DanielleD87
12-06-2007, 07:01 AM
i don't know squizzle. sure they take notice, but i change my IP every 2 weeks at longest for http(s) and for seeding the ip changes every 48 hours at longest. not only do they change but they change countries. it is a proxied setup. not once have i had a problem on any of the bt sites i'm on. other forums of piracy.. that is a different story.

Zeus
12-07-2007, 10:37 AM

Not strictly true.

Most sites have staff tools that will monitor and track suspicious account activity.

In today's climate of trading, some trackers are actually very likely to question or ban your account due to suspicious activity.

Don't be too confident that sites don't take any notice of ISP and country changes, that's all I'm saying.
Well no site im a member of, including wheelmods, has ever banned me. Which strongly suggests every decent site will look for more than just an ip change before labelling an account as being traded.

revelation131
12-08-2007, 08:02 AM
I plan to move within 6 months, and since I get the pleasure of seeing traders get banned for IP changes, I'm wondering how I should do this. I'm on maybe 10 trackers, so I was thinking of writing in my profile, Moving within 6 months. I'm wondering if those disables are instant on IP range change if so I'd have to go to IRC and talk to an admin anyways.

i see that you have been banned so this response is moot, but for those of you who don't know, most sites don't care about an IP address change (i asked this a few months ago when moving in to my dorm), they only notice if there is an IP change accompanied by email address change and/or password change, suggesting that the account was traded. hope this helps

masterbat
12-08-2007, 09:16 AM
well the OP is dead . :|

Aaxel21
12-08-2007, 10:07 AM
You should be fine. I move around a lot and never had any trouble.

kirktrix
12-08-2007, 10:09 AM
well the OP is dead . :|

:lol:... He move too early.....:D

kirktrix
12-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Double post....Sorry....

kirktrix
12-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Triple Post..... Sorry...

Aaxel21
12-08-2007, 10:19 AM
You should be fine. I move around a lot and never had any trouble.