PDA

View Full Version : When is What.cd going to stop sucking?

Wilton331
12-05-2007, 08:45 PM
The variety and collection isn't bad, but jesus, the site is soo slow and sloppy. Almost all my seeds are always timed out or are having some sort of connection error. They have been saying that they are in the process of fixing everything, but when is going to be fixed already?

prescript
12-05-2007, 08:46 PM
ask in their irc

Wilton331
12-05-2007, 08:48 PM
ask in their irc

I was hoping this might spur some discussion and not just a three word answer, you know? Like what threads are supposed to do?

freecom2
12-05-2007, 08:50 PM
It's been pretty much fine for me. If there has been any downtime, the site is usually back up within a decent amount of time and there is an explanation rather then a blackout of news.

And do keep in mind that it is still a relatively new site, having to cope with ex-OiNK members, as well as the constant amount of people wanting to still join an already quite big site.

Zeus
12-05-2007, 08:53 PM
ask in their irc

I was hoping this might spur some discussion and not just a three word answer, you know? Like what threads are supposed to do?
Well what kind of discussion are you hoping for? Only the what.cd staff know when they are going to improve things. The only "discussion" you will get is people posting "its fine for me" or "yeah it's really slow".

prescript
ask in their irc

nobody here knows dude. i've been on that site since they opened and i dont know. higher ups at what wont respond to you here. my best guess? the site will be better when they switch to gazelle.

but.. to get a good answer..

you. must. ask. the. fucking. staff.

"discussion" and speculation is pointless.

wow that was a long response for me. i need a nap

sonofisis
My goodness bro, I definitely feel your pain. I've been trying for a long time to get into What. I finally do, and I can't even upload anything! Very unstable. It's also very buggy. The browse categories don't even work, meaning you can't specify which category you'd like to browse, it simply browses all of them no matter what. Really lame and I am pissed at them because I can't get into waffles.

MaaxHimself
12-05-2007, 08:55 PM
ask in their irc is four words....

Just get waffles and move on.

sonofisis
12-05-2007, 08:56 PM

Easier said than done.

Wilton331
12-05-2007, 09:00 PM
ask in their irc is four words....

As you can see in my signature, I am currently a member of waffles. I just enjoy a variety in my trackers. I have quite a few things seeding on What and its just irritating that the site is always down. I'm apologize if this is a stupid thread to some people. I'm just a little curious as to others feelings about the status of the site, and wanted to maybe see if someone had some information that I don't already know.

Anywho. Hopefully it gets kickin soon because I really enjoy the tracker all in all.

IceTee
12-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Waffles is having the same issue:
I keep getting this msg in my torrents:

"Failure: The Tracker is temporarily overloaded."

They are both young trackers and need time to be in better shape ;)

yayyyyyy
12-05-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm very happy with what.cd

Registered users 31,882

and still kicking :O

and it's working ok here this evening :)

Skiz
12-05-2007, 09:10 PM
ask in their irc

Ask why their site is slow, sloppy, and full of errors?

That'll go over like a fart in church. :dabs:

IceTee
12-05-2007, 09:12 PM
ask in their irc

Ask why their site is slow, sloppy, and full of errors?

That'll go over like a fart in church. :dabs:

:lol::lol:

prescript
12-05-2007, 09:32 PM
dont ask them why the site sucks.

ask them what kind of improvements they are working on.
you dont have to be a dick about it.

12-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I must admit I was like that at the begining, it seemed to take me so long to get in there, and when I was finally in I was like, huh! this is crap, my stats aren't updating and the site keeps crashing :(

Today has been a different story though, got on the freeleech torrents and my ratio has really improved, the site is moving at full speed, the content is rich and varied and overall the experience is good! :D

I've almost given up hope of getting into Waffles now so I hope this site keeps on improving

Keep up the good work What!

:yahoo:

kostnkost
12-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Remember there is no such thing as a stupid thread - just stupid people who create them.:D

fOrUmAs
12-05-2007, 09:48 PM
The variety and collection isn't bad, but jesus, the site is soo slow and sloppy. Almost all my seeds are always timed out or are having some sort of connection error. They have been saying that they are in the process of fixing everything, but when is going to be fixed already?

hmm did u see what happening with waffle tracker??

every half hour tracker is overloaded and all torrent is red..that problem dont have whatcd and also whatcd have many more members then waffle and more torrent then waffle so i dont no who need to fix some thing..

danio
12-05-2007, 10:27 PM
keep in mind the site is currently running on TBsource, which is very buggy and shitty, even though they have rewritten big parts of the code. wait for the gazelle to arrive and all your problems will be solved! :D (or not. time will tell)

I must admit I was like that at the begining, it seemed to take me so long to get in there, and when I was finally in I was like, huh! this is crap, my stats aren't updating and the site keeps crashing :(

Today has been a different story though, got on the freeleech torrents and my ratio has really improved, the site is moving at full speed, the content is rich and varied and overall the experience is good! :D

I've almost given up hope of getting into Waffles now so I hope this site keeps on improving

Keep up the good work What!

:yahoo:

it's only a short matter of time until waffles re-opens the invitesystem, and not for 500 invites at the time (or whatever it is today), but for real. have a little patience and you will get in.

shygrrrl
12-05-2007, 10:47 PM
I really want them to succeed, but I am getting more and more unimpressed with them. I hope Project Gazelle improves things, but if they don't I'm probably going to move on.

undercoverbro
12-05-2007, 11:17 PM
They have both come a long way. No need to bash either yet...

Yankoff
12-05-2007, 11:23 PM
I don't have problems with What ..... It's just a few hours a day...So people, stop acting like pu***** and continue seeding....That's all we can do

Hanz™
12-06-2007, 12:56 AM

That error message is actually a feature and is in order to keep down load before waffles gets a newer server soon (couple of days MAX).

It's a feature because it was decided that it's better to get a couple of failures every now and again than it is to have the server keeping falling down on it's face like what.cd

fOrUmAs
12-06-2007, 01:05 AM

That error message is actually a feature and is in order to keep down load before waffles gets a newer server soon (couple of days MAX).

It's a feature because it was decided that it's better to get a couple of failures every now and again than it is to have the server keeping falling down on it's face like what.cd

feature??? if that is the feature that i can only think what will happend next...we dont need that for sure and when that massage is display in our client then we are not seeding or leeching in that time so 45min is long time until its update auto or if we are home to see and update manualy..its sucks

Hanz™
12-06-2007, 01:08 AM

feature??? if that is the feature that i can only think what will happend next...we dont need that for sure and when that massage is display in our client then we are not seeding or leeching in that time so 45min is long time until its update auto or if we are home to see and update manualy..its sucks
Lol, it's a lot better than the site giving 500 errors, or going down.
And will be removed in a couple of days once the new server is added. :)

fOrUmAs
12-06-2007, 01:23 AM

no its not better at least for me its not:) but im glad to hear that will be removed:D..but if u think that wahtcd have error then u are wrong havent see any error from tracker on whatcd when they moved,if the site is down then also is tracker..but i like both site maybe little more whatcd:lol:

Hanz™
12-06-2007, 02:55 AM

no its not better at least for me its not:) but im glad to hear that will be removed:D..but if u think that wahtcd have error then u are wrong havent see any error from tracker on whatcd when they moved,if the site is down then also is tracker..but i like both site maybe little more whatcd:lol:
What.cd don't have the same error (how would they since it's something that we implemented?). They have other problems. And if you don't remember a couple of days ago their server kept dying.