PDA

View Full Version : seeding to other trackers

birney29
12-06-2007, 04:07 PM
right i herd u can download something from one tracker and as long as its the same on the other tracker u can seed it there can someone please tell me how to doo this ?

fOrUmAs
12-06-2007, 04:09 PM
just download the file from where u want to seed and utorrent will make recheck to see if the file is the same and name,after that u can seed..and that is all

birney29
12-06-2007, 04:28 PM
forumas explained very well closed.

kirktrix
12-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Follow up questions..... Sometimes i got an error message Element Missing from the first tracker when it updates after i downloaded it from the second tracker... Any idea?

On the topic: Yup as forumas said just download the file again in different trackers the utorrent will automatic check the file...

Something Else
12-06-2007, 04:36 PM
If you get that error, select the files that are not at 100% completed and choose skip this file. Then you can safely seed the rest. ;)

D3LBOY
12-06-2007, 04:38 PM
sounds intresting will give it a go

kirktrix
12-06-2007, 04:40 PM
If you get that error, select the files that are not at 100% completed and choose skip this file. Then you can safely seed the rest. ;)

Thanks benchez.... I will try it when i encounter that problem again....:)

Artemis
12-06-2007, 09:28 PM
the reason this happens is that some files like the nfo or the sample can be different on different trackers, they have different uploaders who will modify the release for the tracker or to personalise the upload, but once the error check is completed you will be able to seed the same release to 2 or 3 different trackers simultaneously.

pro267
12-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Best way is to refrain from downloading all the extra files, such as SFVs, NFOs etc., as most changes are within these, and sometimes they'll exist in a torrent on one tracker and will be missing on another. Lowest common denominator method usually works the best.

SgtMajor
12-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Follow up questions..... Sometimes i got an error message Element Missing from the first tracker when it updates after i downloaded it from the second tracker... Any idea?

On the topic: Yup as forumas said just download the file again in different trackers the utorrent will automatic check the file...

Plus, in addition to as suggested, the best way is to:

right click the torrent, force recheck, normally it gets to 99% and a bit

click on the files tab at the bottom

sort by %

you will find 3 or 4 files at 99% at the top of the list

highlight all these files, right click - select don't download

your torrent will now go to 100% and now you can go back to your torrent, right click and choose force start (or start)