PDA

View Full Version : Another way to look at Liberal Bias

GepperRankins
12-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Stumble upon just pointed me at this, and i though it was quite funny. It's a while since i trolled had a serious debate in here so, here is a pretty good argument for liberal media and liberal campuses in the US. Kind of along the lines of when stephen colbert chastised reality for having a liberal bias, but more lulzy.

Here at Columbia, as at most top universities, we enjoy belittling conservative beliefs. Even the professors are in on it, and conservatives often find their beliefs directly challenged by academic trickery, like thinking about things, and facts. But shouldn’t good pedagogy incorporate all sides of an issue? No, it should not. If conservativism is absent from the University, it’s because it hasn’t earned its way in.

The fundamental problem here is that good intellectual exercise of any kind doesn’t mean including all the viewpoints available; it means including the good viewpoints. When I get a headache, I don’t equally weigh the taking aspirin option with the putting leeches on my head option even though many people, including several major founding fathers, have been adamantly pro head-leech. Similarly, when a news program has scientists on to talk about global warming, it doesn’t make sense to invite one who believes in it and one who doesn’t. It makes sense to invite two good scientists, even though they will probably agree. I don’t care about “unbiased” reporting; I want accurate reporting. I also want good scholarship, whether or not it has a balanced political perspective. If your idea gets left out, it’s your fault for having a dumb idea.......

http://www.columbiaspectator.com/?q=node/27969

lynx
12-06-2007, 10:03 PM
I read a few of his other articles, seems to me the only opinion he's interested in is his own, and those that coincide with his.

I doubt whether he's either liberal or conservative, but taking one side and denigrating the other is a sure fire way to get comments and therefore noticed, and that's all this buffoon really wants.

Just pray no-one gives him a firearm.

j2k4
12-07-2007, 11:12 PM
You missed the first go-'round, idiot-boy:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-the-drawing-room-55/t-most-people-dont-believe-really-happens-but-252382

Debate that. :whistling

Edit:

This post was aimed at the originator of the thread, not my esteemed colleague, lynx.

bigboab
12-08-2007, 09:30 AM
There are two different view points to everything. The wifes and the correct one.:(

j2k4
12-08-2007, 02:20 PM
There are two different view points to everything. The wifes and the correct one.:(

History confirms this. :whistling