PDA

View Full Version : lead from PC to TV and lead from mac to TV?

jimbo12345
12-07-2007, 02:59 PM
I've downloaded some things and want to watch them on my TV through my pc. What kind of cable do i need?

I want to buy one for my g/f also for her mac, is this different from the PC one?

The TV is very good, though ive lost the manual and dont know the model as its not written on there. So, i can find out that way. BUt, it has USB ports, has "PC" on the remote control and has loads of spare multicoloiured plug thingies also.Its a HD widescreen (bullet grey).

A picturewould be good as i need to trawl PC shops in Beijing, and i dont know how to ask for such a cable.

Thanks!

Acid_death69
12-08-2007, 02:12 PM
i tired doing something like that ive got the cable and my pc found the tv but the tv was having none of it:s

tesco
12-08-2007, 02:54 PM
What kind of output does your video card have?
Example, svideo, composite, or component. Or just VGA/DVI?

svideo

composite/rca

component

What kind of input does the tv have?
You need to match them up for the video.

For audio, you use this:
3.5mm to rca cable.

Ac3Dunk
12-14-2007, 05:05 AM
For better performance Id go with a DVI Component here is a nice tuto how to do it

http://www.geek.com/mini-review-winbook-lc32-32-wide-screen-lcd-tv/

DKre8ive1
12-16-2007, 06:02 AM
Posting what video card your pc and your girlfriends mac has would probably allow us to give you better advice and you might want to tell us what kind of TV model you are trying to hook it up too so that we can give good advice. :)

chip19
12-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Yeah, more information would be nice.

I use the VGA out on my Radeon to go straight into my 720p LCD HDTV. The ATI utilities make it easy to extend the desktop onto the TV. Then I just drag the Windows Media Player off the PC screen to the TV and goto fullscreen. The result is I have a fullscreen video going on the TV, and I can still watch uTorrent on my PC monitor.

For Mac you will likely need an adapter. Most new Macs have video output in a format called mini-DVI. Can't do much with that other than convert it. They have converters out that will turn it to VGA, composite, and DVI. Your TV will definitely have one of those.

wrongun92
12-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Depending on your tv, it might a vga type cable. If it does, then all you would need to do is plug that where the monitor goes into your pc. One such is digimate 32" lcd